Re: Round 1: Blues vs. Minnesota

StL Dan wrote:Do the Blues drop a game in StL or Minny in your scenario?
This team seems to be much better ON the road. That being said, I don't expect them to lose the first two. I think 4-1 is a reasonable outcome. If so, as much as I don't want to see it happen...game 2 at STC falls their way then the Blues regroup and kick em to the curb.

I hope I am wrong and we send the wolves "packing" in four.

zilch wrote:Does anyone else have the feeling that we might wipe the floor with them? I don't think the team should take them lightly, but I have a feeling we are going to see that next gear and Minnesota won't be ready for it. I have a feeling our postseason could go like the Kings' did in 11-12. That's the vibe I'm getting, but....

That's probably too much to hope for.

All I know is I don't want to hear chants of "Duuuu" in Minnesota. They chanted that every fucking time Dubnyk touched in the puck in our 6-3 loss to them. Ugh.
Or they could wipe the floor with us. All the experts at the NHL network picked the Wild. The Wild have the best record in all of hockey since the All Star break. Take out the last game when the Wild rested several players and the Wild have a winning record against the Blues this year. They also match up very well against the Blues when they have their full lineup.

You ever thought the Wild have another gear when the playoffs start? They beat the division champs, the Avs, last year in round 1.

After doing an objective analysis I see the Wild winning in 6 games.

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
zilch wrote:Does anyone else have the feeling that we might wipe the floor with them? I don't think the team should take them lightly, but I have a feeling we are going to see that next gear and Minnesota won't be ready for it. I have a feeling our postseason could go like the Kings' did in 11-12. That's the vibe I'm getting, but....

All I know is I don't want to hear chants of "Duuuu" in Minnesota. They chanted that every fucking time Dubnyk touched in the puck in our 6-3 loss to them. Ugh.
Or they could wipe the floor with us. All the experts at the NHL network picked the Wild. The Wild have the best record in all of hockey since the All Star break. Take out the last game when the Wild rested several players and the Wild have a winning record against the Blues this year. They also match up very well against the Blues when they have their full lineup.

You ever thought the Wild have another gear when the playoffs start? They beat the division champs, the Avs, last year in round 1.

The Wild are 2-3-1 in April
The Blues are 5-1-0 in April

One team looks to be gearing up for the playoffs. The other looks to be running out of steam after a crazy run to get into the playoffs.

The Blues had the best record in the NHL in 2009 down the stretch after a miraculous run by a journeyman backup. We all know how that turned out.

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:

They were the division champs because we fell off. The "experts" are drinking too much of the Dubnyk koolaid. The clock is about to strike midnight on that kid. He's good, but he's not Ed Belfour just yet. If this Blues show up and play their game this is over in 5.

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:

Is an objective analysis even possible in sports?

The Wild have never impressed me. I'm not worried about them at all.

Man in the box wrote:
JesusNEVERexisted wrote:

They were the division champs because we fell off. The "experts" are drinking too much of the Dubnyk koolaid. The clock is about to strike midnight on that kid. He's good, but he's not Ed Belfour just yet. If this Blues show up and play their game this is over in 5.
There's no guarantee of any kind in this series, regardless the feeling we get about it. However, it does bode well that the Blues found a way to put the puck into the net against him in Minnesota in game 82. I like the psychology

StLDan, the Wild rested most of their top defenseman that last game so it wasn't a real game but an exhibition game. I don't know what games you were watching but the Wild outplayed the Blues in 2 of the 3 games they played with a full lineup including a 3-1 victory in St.Louis on 3/15.

The Wild are the worst match up for the Blues in the entire west outside of Winnipeg and maybe Anaheim. The Wild match up very well against the Blues and outplayed them at least twice this season. That's why ALL the NHL network experts including former Blue Jamie McClennan picked the Wild against the Blues!!

EXPLAIN that you guys! You are looking this through blue colored glasses while the NHL experts and I am trying to be objective!

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:StLDan, the Wild rested most of their top defenseman that last game so it wasn't a real game but an exhibition game. I don't know what games you were watching but the Wild outplayed the Blues in 2 of the 3 games they played with a full lineup including a 3-1 victory in St.Louis on 3/15.

The Wild are the worst match up for the Blues in the entire west outside of Winnipeg and maybe Anaheim. The Wild match up very well against the Blues and outplayed them at least twice this season. That's why ALL the NHL network experts including former Blue Jamie McClennan picked the Wild against the Blues!!

EXPLAIN that you guys! You are looking this through blue colored glasses while the NHL experts and I am trying to be objective!
Go back and troll Mike Smith's forum.

Turk Sanderson wrote:
JesusNEVERexisted wrote:StLDan, the Wild rested most of their top defenseman that last game so it wasn't a real game but an exhibition game. I don't know what games you were watching but the Wild outplayed the Blues in 2 of the 3 games they played with a full lineup including a 3-1 victory in St.Louis on 3/15.

Go back and troll Mike Smith's forum.
I was surprised when anti-Jesus showed up here. He was positive and actually was involved in discussions. It seems that has ended and he's back to being negative Nancy. It was fun while it lasted.

I really can't get a feel for this series and/or this team. There's that little voice in the back of my head reminding me of the past. But there's a larger portion that just wants to see if this team is as good as it has the ability to be. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised by anything that happens in this series. Not surprised, but disappointed is always a possibility (and one I won't let ruin my enjoyment of the Blues playoff run).

I will always believe that this year will be different until it's over. Then I'll start getting ready for next year. Sure, it's a textbook example of insanity, but I prefer to say I have an addiction (the Blues) and I have no desire what so ever to get treatment or recover. I will die with this addiction and I'm fine with that.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

Meanwhile, the Blues were resting their best defenseman and playing their top scorer in his first game back after missing a few weeks down the stretch. Not to mention the Blues used their new "back up" goalie instead of red hot Jake Allen.

If you read any of my posts, you'll know I'm not super comfortable playing Minnesota in the 1st round. Heck, I wasn't comfortable with any of the projected 1st round opponents - Chicago, Minny or Winnipeg - as the season wound down.

But, the Blues are trending upward with wins against Chi and Minny. That is a good sign for the good guys.

disclaimer: I'm a true Blues fan, so I fully expect my heart to be squished to nasty flattened pulpish pieces in the POs. So, there's that too.

The experts at NHL. com are pick

The experts at NHL. com are picking the wild but not all the experts are. Objective means you are looking at more than one view. How come you aren't considering other views. Bleachers report has the blues taking the cup. I think most of the ESPN experts have the blue beating the wild.

Hard for me to believe you can be objective with the name you use.

Can the wild win? It's possible but IMO the blues have the better team. Am I an expert? No so take my opinion for what its worth. That's why they play the game.

My biggest concern is that the Blues have played awfully on long rest this season. I can't find the stat exactly to hand at the moment, but it was something like 1-6-1 on 3+ days rest. That said, the Blues dropping game one wouldn't shock me in the slightest - they dropped the last game one I attended, after all. (Small sample size, what? heh)

Still, it'd be nice to see them just go out and rattle off four straight wins, whether they drop a game first or not. Put that skate on some other team's foot, for a change. ... Man, I can't wait for Thursday night.