Re: Round 1: Blues vs. Minnesota

Mph6689 wrote:
bradleygt89 wrote:wow; bitch bitch bitch, whine, whine, whine. You all need some cheese? I swear the midwest inferiority complex is quite amusing.

How is an 8:30 pm start bad? You really going to be upset about a game starting 1.5 hours later than 'normal' Good god.

Edit; and yes 1226, of course I know that OLN became Vs which later became NBCSN. Difference is that many cable companies didn't carry OLN, and it's coverage sucked.

Also, while YOU may not care about National TV, I'm sure Stillman and the Blues advertisers like it. Think outside of your small town market box.

I'm sorry, but this is just so fucking petty; we are in the playoffs, we won the Central, we have a good matchup vs the Wild, and our team will get national exposure, which should help increase revenue.

What's the problem except a few of you may miss a couple hours of sleep? :roll:
You seem more upset about my complaint then I do about the start times.
When you have 10 hour workdays, and a son.......the times do matter.

Heaven forbid a fan wants to take their 10 year old to a game, gets tickets before the times are released because the sections sell out. It's already pushing it staying out until 9:30 or a bit more. Add another 1.5 hours, you can see where it could be a problem. It may be easy for you to adjust, but that doesn't mean it's great for everyone, or as easy.

That is just one scenario that can affect a person's participation at the event. Again, it is very expensive, and it is still entertainment. I don't care about the Blues being on national tv. I'm willing to bet only two markets will care about our game, and neither one is being considered.
sorry, not upset, but I just find it a ridiculous complaint. I am a stay at home dad with my girls and run my own business, I get on average 5-6 hours of sleep every night, so perhaps you're right, it isn't as big of a deal to me. It is a playoff game. If you cannot adjust to a playoff game, then well, I don't know what to say. I'm sure your 10 year old son will do just fine staying up late one night during the week.

As to the national TV thing, there are more Blues fans (and Wild) than you obviously realize who live outside of their respective home markets. I'd suggest taking in a game at a different arena sometime. Hockey fans are passionate about their home team, regardless of where they live, and I know for a fact there are a lot of Blues fans all over this nation who are glad that they will be able to watch the game on national TV. Sorry, but in the interest of the Blues team and their national audience, your desire for an additional 1.5 hours of sleep is rather insignificant.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote:
Mph6689 wrote:
bradleygt89 wrote:wow; bitch bitch bitch, whine, whine, whine. You all need some cheese? I swear the midwest inferiority complex is quite amusing.

How is an 8:30 pm start bad? You really going to be upset about a game starting 1.5 hours later than 'normal' Good god.

Edit; and yes 1226, of course I know that OLN became Vs which later became NBCSN. Difference is that many cable companies didn't carry OLN, and it's coverage sucked.

Also, while YOU may not care about National TV, I'm sure Stillman and the Blues advertisers like it. Think outside of your small town market box.

I'm sorry, but this is just so fucking petty; we are in the playoffs, we won the Central, we have a good matchup vs the Wild, and our team will get national exposure, which should help increase revenue.

What's the problem except a few of you may miss a couple hours of sleep? :roll:
You seem more upset about my complaint then I do about the start times.
When you have 10 hour workdays, and a son.......the times do matter.

Heaven forbid a fan wants to take their 10 year old to a game, gets tickets before the times are released because the sections sell out. It's already pushing it staying out until 9:30 or a bit more. Add another 1.5 hours, you can see where it could be a problem. It may be easy for you to adjust, but that doesn't mean it's great for everyone, or as easy.

That is just one scenario that can affect a person's participation at the event. Again, it is very expensive, and it is still entertainment. I don't care about the Blues being on national tv. I'm willing to bet only two markets will care about our game, and neither one is being considered.
sorry, not upset, but I just find it a ridiculous complaint. I am a stay at home dad with my girls and run my own business, I get on average 5-6 hours of sleep every night, so perhaps you're right, it isn't as big of a deal to me. It is a playoff game. If you cannot adjust to a playoff game, then well, I don't know what to say. I'm sure your 10 year old son will do just fine staying up late one night during the week.

As to the national TV thing, there are more Blues fans (and Wild) than you obviously realize who live outside of their respective home markets. I'd suggest taking in a game at a different arena sometime. Hockey fans are passionate about their home team, regardless of where they live, and I know for a fact there are a lot of Blues fans all over this nation who are glad that they will be able to watch the game on national TV. Sorry, but in the interest of the Blues team and their national audience, your desire for an additional 1.5 hours of sleep is rather insignificant.
Couldn't edit for some reason??

But no offense meant mph; just a bit antagonistic today and grumpy, so don't mind me :)
"Do Only Good Everyday"

CaptSMRT wrote:I made plans to go to Colorado two months ago...and I am flying during the middle of game one. I fucking hate myself.
I have to drive my daughter to cheer practice, so I'll have to go off the grid for a few hours....lol. I'm banking on karma to do us all a solid for I haven't complained about it once.
;)

I think they call that "taking one for the team."

830 starts are ridiculous. no excuse for this, especially in the same time zone. totally screwing any families wanting to go to the game. because NBC says so? fuck NBC. i'd prefer it be on FSN with JK/Panger with a 7pm start. i understand NBC has a league-wide contract, but if this is one of the provisions, it's unacceptable. i truly don't understand how this is a thing. are the other teams/markets facing the same issues?

bradleygt89 wrote:I'd assume so if they follow normal playoff scheduling; play, off, play, off, etc.
So THAT'S why they call it the "playoffs!" :lol:

I got to the end of the thread, and I see a few people are ticked (like me) at the late start on Thursday. I guess Mook Jr. will be a little bleary-eyed in school on Friday, but I guess in the scheme of things it's really not a big deal. We got home pretty late from the triple OT game last year IIRC so as long as we get the "W" that's all I really care about.

What pisses me off even more, though, is that they had all day on Saturday to get Game 2 in the STC and they decided to overlap it with a Cards' afternoon home game. Now downtown parking will be hosed and we may not have a full building (or it may have an excess of Wild fans) all because Gary's Minions couldn't get us a Saturday night game. Typical. Hell, even a 5:00 start would have been better than 2:00.

T.C. wrote:according to JR, FSMW has 1, 3, 4, 5, 7 and NBC has 2,6. so, it's not NBC. it's the fucking league. why would they do this? just dumb.
Rangers/Pens potential viewers > Blues/Wild potential viewers

The silver lining is they'll lose one of their darlings in the 1st round. I stay up late anyway, but it is dumb. I just want to get this series started so we can stop with the fucking Dubnyk love affair. He saved their season, we get it. I have a feeling Chris Stewart's play will be a bigger factor in this series though. If they trot him out there against the Tarasenko line the results are going to be hilarious.

MissouriMook wrote:
bradleygt89 wrote:I'd assume so if they follow normal playoff scheduling; play, off, play, off, etc.
So THAT'S why they call it the "playoffs!" :lol:

I got to the end of the thread, and I see a few people are ticked (like me) at the late start on Thursday. I guess Mook Jr. will be a little bleary-eyed in school on Friday, but I guess in the scheme of things it's really not a big deal. We got home pretty late from the triple OT game last year IIRC so as long as we get the "W" that's all I really care about.

What pisses me off even more, though, is that they had all day on Saturday to get Game 2 in the STC and they decided to overlap it with a Cards' afternoon home game. Now downtown parking will be hosed and we may not have a full building (or it may have an excess of Wild fans) all because Gary's Minions couldn't get us a Saturday night game. Typical. Hell, even a 5:00 start would have been better than 2:00.
I think I was at that Cards game. We parked somewhere along Pine or Chestnut and 10th or 11th street.

Didn't someone get hit by a car after the Blues game that day?

Lol, wow the paranoia runs deep. TSN columnist predicts we win, Vegas says we have 2nd highest odds to win along with hawks, others are singing Blues praises, etc.

Perhaps you're just being sarcastic Mook, but the amount of bitching and whining 3 days before Game one is just amazing over here.

We won the Central and tied for most points in WC. The NHL sure does have it out for us ;)
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote:Lol, wow the paranoia runs deep. TSN columnist predicts we win, Vegas says we have 2nd highest odds to win along with hawks, others are singing Blues praises, etc.

Perhaps you're just being sarcastic Mook, but the amount of bitching and whining 3 days before Game one is just amazing over here.

We won the Central and tied for most points in WC. The NHL sure does have it out for us ;)
Cut us a break bradleygt89 as we are still adjusting to not having to wade through so many troll posts. I don't know about anyone else, but I for one had a tough time having a reasonable goalie discussion. I still wake up in a cold sweat with a voice fading away saying St. Louis Elliotts laughing at you...........
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

MissouriMook wrote:Just opened NHL.com and noticed that Zach Parise was the face of the home page today. So, is it too early to be expecting that we will not be getting our share of calls come Thursday or should I wait to see if they mix it up a little bit throughout the week?
Well, everyone loves the little engine that could. If that isn't Dubnyk then I don't know what is. I got a feeling the clock is about to strike midnight on that guy.

stlblues1226 wrote:
bradleygt89 wrote:Lol, wow the paranoia runs deep. TSN columnist predicts we win, Vegas says we have 2nd highest odds to win along with hawks, others are singing Blues praises, etc.

Cut us a break bradleygt89 as we are still adjusting to not having to wade through so many troll posts. I don't know about anyone else, but I for one had a tough time having a reasonable goalie discussion. I still wake up in a cold sweat with a voice fading away saying St. Louis Elliotts laughing at you...........

Sure; have a break :)

I'm not upset at anyone, I'm just more surprised at the, perhaps not negativity, but the lack of excitement and what appears to be whining about game start times, coverage, etc. I know we all have different view points, and while I was on the 'fire Hitch' tirade pre-trade deadline, once I knew this was our team we are going to war with, I'm behind them and honestly don't care about start times, who is on the cover of NHL.com, etc. I'm ready and excited to yell "LETS GO BLUES" from Florida and while cruising the Bahamas this weekend.

I said it earlier, this is the best team I think the Blues have taken to the playoffs in terms of depth on offense and defense since I've been a fan. I'm just pumped and ready to roll :twisted:

So, please don't take it personal, just was hoping there'd be more positivity over here ;)

Peace.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote:
stlblues1226 wrote:

Sure; have a break :)

I'm not upset at anyone, I'm just more surprised at the, perhaps not negativity, but the lack of excitement and what appears to be whining about game start times, coverage, etc. I know we all have different view points, and while I was on the 'fire Hitch' tirade pre-trade deadline, once I knew this was our team we are going to war with, I'm behind them and honestly don't care about start times, who is on the cover of NHL.com, etc. I'm ready and excited to yell "LETS GO BLUES" from Florida and while cruising the Bahamas this weekend.

I said it earlier, this is the best team I think the Blues have taken to the playoffs in terms of depth on offense and defense since I've been a fan. I'm just pumped and ready to roll :twisted:

So, please don't take it personal, just was hoping there'd be more positivity over here ;)

Peace.
I guess this is what happens when there are 5 days between the end of the regular season and the start of the playoffs. We have to invent our complaints; or as they refer to it on the sport talk radio station in St. Louis that I listen to "manufactured outrage."

And when it comes to my and my way of doing things, if you remember one key component to my personality things will never be confused again....I'm a sarcastic smart ass that is almost never serious. Life is way to short for me to take anything, including myself, serious.

I thing once Wednesday gets here and we can start watching playoff hockey in general, everything will get better.

LGB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

The thing I am interested in seeing is if the Blues have another gear they have been saving for the playoffs. All year, it looked like the Blues were playing just well enough to win most nights. Then they began ramping up at the start of April and began to look like the team we saw for most of last season. Maybe even better. Now, can the Blues ramp it up once more notch and become a dominant team in the postseason? If so, I think this may be a short series.

I don't think the Wild have another gear they can go to. They have been playing balls out since mid-season just to get to where they are now. What you see is what you are going to get with the Wild, which is by no means a bad thing in their case. But if the Blues are firing on all cylinders, I don't think they have enough gas in the tank to keep up.

I agree, MIZ. The Blues do have another gear, and they hopefully put in on display right out of the gate Thursday night. Would love to see them fly north with a 2-0 series lead.

The other thing I'd like to see is good goaltending both games from Jake. I'd like to see him stamp out talk of the Blues goaltending situation being in flux.

Does anyone else have the feeling that we might wipe the floor with them? I don't think the team should take them lightly, but I have a feeling we are going to see that next gear and Minnesota won't be ready for it. I have a feeling our postseason could go like the Kings' did in 11-12. That's the vibe I'm getting, but....

That's probably too much to hope for.

All I know is I don't want to hear chants of "Duuuu" in Minnesota. They chanted that every fucking time Dubnyk touched in the puck in our 6-3 loss to them. Ugh.

zilch wrote:Does anyone else have the feeling that we might wipe the floor with them? I don't think the team should take them lightly, but I have a feeling we are going to see that next gear and Minnesota won't be ready for it. I have a feeling our postseason could go like the Kings' did in 11-12. That's the vibe I'm getting, but....
If we take Minnesota down, all bets are off. Chicago or Nashville, I don't care. I truly see that as the hump. Get past that winner and we are in the cat bird seat.

This is not the same team, these are not the same players, and or coaching staff and management of the past 40 odd years. We have MARTIN Efffing Broduer as a psuedo goalie coach and mentor and Brett Hull under the roof. Look to see the kids take the first round monkey, rip it off the Blues back, and kick it in its junk!

Let's get ready to rumble...Thursday can't get here fast enough.