Re: Round 1: Blues vs. Minnesota

bradleygt89 wrote:Per JR, sounds like games for Blues will start on Thursday, which works great for me due to my personal schedule.

@jprutherford · 21m 21 minutes ago
#stlblues will face #mnwild in the first round of the #nhl playoffs. The series is expected to start Thursday.

LGB!!!
So does this mean Game 2 is on Saturday?

I was banking on this when I bought my tickets!

HockeyFan85 wrote:
bradleygt89 wrote:Per JR, sounds like games for Blues will start on Thursday, which works great for me due to my personal schedule.

@jprutherford · 21m 21 minutes ago
#stlblues will face #mnwild in the first round of the #nhl playoffs. The series is expected to start Thursday.

LGB!!!
So does this mean Game 2 is on Saturday?

I was banking on this when I bought my tickets!
I'd assume so if they follow normal playoff scheduling; play, off, play, off, etc. Really hoping the Sat game is at night on NBC! :)

No dates/times yet, but here is the full playoff matchup:

Here are the playoff matchups per NHL.com:

EASTERN CONFERENCE

New York Rangers vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

Washington Capitals vs. New York Islanders

Montreal Canadiens vs. Ottawa Senators

Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Detroit Red Wings

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Anaheim Ducks vs. Winnipeg Jets

Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Flames

St. Louis Blues vs. Minnesota Wild

Nashville Predators vs. Chicago Blackhawks
"Do Only Good Everyday"

Schedule is out, Blues host Wild on Thursday for game one, Sat game two. Usatoday.com has schedule w times and networks. Having problems copy and paste on phone

Here we go:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nh ... /25666789/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WESTERN CONFERENCE

No. 1 St. Louis vs. No. 4 Minnesota
(They have Ducks and Jets as 1 & 4 respectively also, as remember while the playoffs are going on, I believe the Jets are now part of the Pacific Division for 2nd round reseeding; so if Jets win, they'd play winner of Van/Cal series IIRC)

Season series: 2-2

Thursday, April 16: Minnesota at St. Louis, 9:30, NBC Sports Network

Saturday, April 18: Minnesota at St. Louis, 3, NBC

Monday, April 20: St. Louis at Minnesota, 8, CNBC

Wednesday, April 22: St. Louis at Minnesota, 9:30, NBC Sports Network

*Friday, April 24, Minnesota at St. Louis, TBD

*Sunday, April 26: St. Louis at Minnesota, TBD

*Wednesday, April 29: Minnesota at St. Louis, TBD

* if necessary; all times p.m.. ET

TBD – to be determined

LGB!!!

My prediction?

Blues win series in 5
"Do Only Good Everyday"

The schedule....

As a working person and as a Blues fan that has tickets for round one, i am very unhappy about the home game schedule so far.

Part of the NHL selling point about the restructuring of the divisions was they are in the same timezone.

Well what good is that if you completely ignore those timezones???

Game one starts at 8:30. I guess screw the fans going to the game??? Then we of course are the afternoon game 1.5 days later. If game one hits overtime, I'll be getting home sometime early friday morning

The other home games are TBD, so you can't actually make plans. It's possible zero home games will be played at the central timezone start time.

At least the Blues mostly play every-other-day.

Again, when tickets cost as much as they do, you'd think the paying fans would matter a little bit.....just maybe.

Mph6689 wrote:The schedule....

As a working person and as a Blues fan that has tickets for round one, i am very unhappy about the home game schedule so far.

Part of the NHL selling point about the restructuring of the divisions was they are in the same timezone.

Game one starts at 8:30. I guess screw the fans going to the game??? Then we of course are the afternoon game 1.5 days later. If game one hits overtime, I'll be getting home sometime early friday morning

The other home games are TBD, so you can't actually make plans. It's possible zero home games will be played at the central timezone start time.

At least the Blues mostly play every-other-day. Again, when tickets cost as much as they do, you'd think the paying fans would matter a little bit.....just maybe.
Would you rather the games not be broadcast on national TV? It starts at 9:30 so that the EC game is on at 7pm; there will be some overlap, just like every year.

Sorry, but I'll take a 9:30 start (my ET) on NBCSN when I have to get up at 5am over watching it on OLN anytime :)
"Do Only Good Everyday"

At least the Blues mostly play every-other-day.

Again, when tickets cost as much as they do, you'd think the paying fans would matter a little bit.....just maybe.

I believe that you may have missed that after the game times it said all times were Eastern time. I believe it was cut and pasted and that's why the times are Eastern and not Central.

EDIT: It seems that I am the one that was wrong. The start times are fucked up. It's all about TV money and not the local fans I guess.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

bradleygt89 wrote:

At least the Blues mostly play every-other-day. Again, when tickets cost as much as they do, you'd think the paying fans would matter a little bit.....just maybe.
Would you rather the games not be broadcast on national TV? It starts at 9:30 so that the EC game is on at 7pm; there will be some overlap, just like every year.

Sorry, but I'll take a 9:30 start (my ET) on NBCSN when I have to get up at 5am over watching it on OLN anytime :)
You do realized that before it was NBCSN that it was OLN? :D

And, I'd rather have the first round or two be local and not national. Why do I care if people on the east coast have to stay up later than I do to watch a game? I will also say it's easy for me to say this since I live in St. Louis so I'll get the game no matter who carries it.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

I've been looking at the whole playoff schedule and it seems that if you live on a coast, most of your start times will be normal. Live in the in between and too fuckin' bad, we set most of the times for those that live on the coasts. Thanks for being a midwest fan, but you don't matter as much as those on the coast. Enjoy!

Sure, it's a bit over the top, but sometimes it almost seems like it's not.

wow; bitch bitch bitch, whine, whine, whine. You all need some cheese? I swear the midwest inferiority complex is quite amusing.

How is an 8:30 pm start bad? You really going to be upset about a game starting 1.5 hours later than 'normal' Good god.

Edit; and yes 1226, of course I know that OLN became Vs which later became NBCSN. Difference is that many cable companies didn't carry OLN, and it's coverage sucked.

Also, while YOU may not care about National TV, I'm sure Stillman and the Blues advertisers like it. Think outside of your small town market box.

I'm sorry, but this is just so fucking petty; we are in the playoffs, we won the Central, we have a good matchup vs the Wild, and our team will get national exposure, which should help increase revenue.

What's the problem except a few of you may miss a couple hours of sleep? :roll:
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote:wow; bitch bitch bitch, whine, whine, whine. You all need some cheese? I swear the midwest inferiority complex is quite amusing.

How is an 8:30 pm start bad? You really going to be upset about a game starting 1.5 hours later than 'normal' Good god.

Edit; and yes 1226, of course I know that OLN became Vs which later became NBCSN. Difference is that many cable companies didn't carry OLN, and it's coverage sucked.

Also, while YOU may not care about National TV, I'm sure Stillman and the Blues advertisers like it. Think outside of your small town market box.

I'm sorry, but this is just so fucking petty; we are in the playoffs, we won the Central, we have a good matchup vs the Wild, and our team will get national exposure, which should help increase revenue.

My problem is I'm a smart ass and sometimes it doesn't carry well in text form. In person it's much more obvious and probably even more annoying that it is here.

Having lived in the midwest nearly all my life and only a short time out east (1.5 years in Fredericksburg, VA and just over 3 years Pottstown, PA, near Philly) I can say my midwest infiriority complex is there, but I play it up for effect more than anything.

As far as the later start time, it makes no difference to me. Like you said, it's the playoffs, and I'll stay up until 3 am if I have to and watch the entire game. For those that have tickets and kids, I can certainly see where the start times can be a real problem.

stlblues1226 wrote:
bradleygt89 wrote:wow; bitch bitch bitch, whine, whine, whine. You all need some cheese? I swear the midwest inferiority complex is quite amusing.

My problem is I'm a smart ass and sometimes it doesn't carry well in text form. In person it's much more obvious and probably even more annoying that it is here.

Having lived in the midwest nearly all my life and only a short time out east (1.5 years in Fredericksburg, VA and just over 3 years Pottstown, PA, near Philly) I can say my midwest infiriority complex is there, but I play it up for effect more than anything.

As far as the later start time, it makes no difference to me. Like you said, it's the playoffs, and I'll stay up until 3 am if I have to and watch the entire game. For those that have tickets and kids, I can certainly see where the start times can be a real problem.
:oops: my bad; sorry, my sarcasm detector totally missed that... ;)
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote:
stlblues1226 wrote:

:oops: my bad; sorry, my sarcasm detector totally missed that... ;)
I figured as much, that's why I explained myself. We have had plenty of interactions, so I knew that there had to be a miscommunication. That's why I like this forum so much better; these little misunderstandings can be quickly taken care of and we can move on to what's important...seeing the Blues playing hockey in June.

You seem more upset about my complaint then I do about the start times.
When you have 10 hour workdays, and a son.......the times do matter.

Heaven forbid a fan wants to take their 10 year old to a game, gets tickets before the times are released because the sections sell out. It's already pushing it staying out until 9:30 or a bit more. Add another 1.5 hours, you can see where it could be a problem. It may be easy for you to adjust, but that doesn't mean it's great for everyone, or as easy.

That is just one scenario that can affect a person's participation at the event. Again, it is very expensive, and it is still entertainment. I don't care about the Blues being on national tv. I'm willing to bet only two markets will care about our game, and neither one is being considered.