Re: GDT: Wild at Blues 4/11/15 2PM CT - GAME 82

StL Dan wrote:
ratonmono wrote:Is it just me or does Lehtera look like he's been rounding back into form lately? Looks quicker on loose pucks and just seems to be "on."
Ya definitely. He's full of confidence
Totally agree - most of the season, Jori's been "just a split-second" too slow on many of the goal-scoring plays. I mean, how many times this year did we all go "Doh!" on so many of his plays in front of the net.

I at first chalked it up to playing his whole life in EUR, but lately I began to worry if he'd ever be able to adjust to NHL speed.

It's awesome that he's lately showing that he's getting there. If he can exceed his KHL All Star form and become that true #2 C scoring threat right as the POs start... look out!

DJ Axeom wrote:
StL Dan wrote:
ratonmono wrote:Is it just me or does Lehtera look like he's been rounding back into form lately? Looks quicker on loose pucks and just seems to be "on."
Ya definitely. He's full of confidence
Totally agree - most of the season, Jori's been "just a split-second" too slow on many of the goal-scoring plays. I mean, how many times this year did we all go "Doh!" on so many of his plays in front of the net.

I at first chalked it up to playing his whole life in EUR, but lately I began to worry if he'd ever be able to adjust to NHL speed.

It's awesome that he's lately showing that he's getting there. If he can exceed his KHL All Star form and become that true #2 C scoring threat right as the POs start... look out!
I thought he hit a wall for about 25 games or so before but he's rejuvenated now.

BluesSK wrote:
DJ Axeom wrote:
StL Dan wrote: Ya definitely. He's full of confidence

I thought he hit a wall for about 25 games or so before but he's rejuvenated now.
That's probably more fair than my assessment. Good point.

BluesSK wrote:
StL Dan wrote:

Same for me. I think he's back to his early season speed, and should be playing that way in the playoffs.

Just got back from the game...Mrs. UMSLBlues12 got tickets center ice two rows up from the glass and it was a blast! Actually my first game that close, and the free booze was another plus!

The whole game I just kept thinking...man we are so much better with Tarasenko and Steen. I thought we missed 27 and 22 a bit (lot of sloppy play in the neutral zone especially in the first) but chasing Dubnyk was awesome!

In summary, I would say that the newly-revised STL line of Steen Lehtera Tarasenko is sick, good luck defending that. I would also say that Elliot is a very good backup. He is visibly frustrated but there is no room to be calling out his team for screening him or not giving enough "run support", as he indicated in his post-game interview. He lacks confidence and then he plays too deep in his net. He even admitted to playing the odds by staying in the middle of the crease at the end when it was a 6 on 3. I certainly didn't think those comments came off as a confident #1 goaltender going into the playoffs.

LETS GO BLUES! Got to watch the first two periods before heading out for the day. First period gave me flashbacks, but wasn't too worried since it was last game of the reg season. 2nd period and what I heard on KMOX, that is the Blues team that will be a tough load for any opponent in the playoffs :)

Frank and Steen looked awesome once they shook off the rust, glad they got a game in today, and it looks like we came out healthy.

I don't think we've been fully healthy going into the playoffs under Hitch. This should be a huge advantage, and I'm rooting for the Ducks tonight. Would much rather face the Wild than Jets. While it'll be a tough matchup, I just don't see Dubnyk being able to keep up his pace, and today showed he was vulnerable.

LGB!!!
"Do Only Good Everyday"