Re: GDT: Wild at Blues 4/11/15 2PM CT - GAME 82

Not happy at all about The Blues giving up a goal with less than 1 minute left (yet another letdown, right after they score), but happy to see they recovered from it, getting a super-late goal of their own. I'm certainly happy with the 3-1 lead, and happy to see Jaškin and Lehterä score goals.

I hope they can EXTEND the lead, rather than just holding on for the win.

Blues SK, Ratonmoto - that was a split second deflection less than 10 feet in front of Els.

Now, this IN NO WAY means I want to see him in net over Allen, but let's be fair about this here.

At the very least, some of the goofy goals that Els has let in over the last month proves that - at worst - Els has no puck luck. Just another reason to go with Allen.

DJ Axeom wrote:Blues SK, Ratonmoto - that was a split second deflection less than 10 feet in front of Els.

Now, this IN NO WAY means I want to see him in net over Allen, but let's be fair about this here.

At the very least, some of the goofy goals that Els has let in over the last month proves that - at worst - Els has no puck luck. Just another reason to go with Allen.
I used to give Ells the benefit of the doubt on those, but I'm not going to do it anymore. I think it has something to do with the way he plays goal that we're constantly talking about deflections on shots from the blue line sneaking past him.

DJ Axeom wrote:Blues SK, Ratonmoto - that was a split second deflection less than 10 feet in front of Els.

Yeah agree on the deflection I didn't notice. Still no good reason to give Big Bob a death stare.

zilch wrote:

I used to give Ells the benefit of the doubt on those, but I'm not going to do it anymore. I think it has something to do with the way he plays goal that we're constantly talking about deflections on shots from the blue line sneaking past him.
And ya know, that's a totally plausible assessment. You could be dead-on about that.

I've never played G, so I don't know - but THAT makes sense.

*** just another reason I'm so glad this forum was created. The trolls are already tearing each other apart over Els' goal on StLToday. SHEESH - you'd think we were LOSING or something. :roll:

zilch wrote:

I don't mean to rip Elliott apart but there is a habit of deflating goals like DJ said.

He relies more on his glove than on his body positioning and that's his style I guess but he is really susceptible to deflections.

Yep. All this.

Elliott has just really, really disappointed me. He looked so good the first half of the season, I thought that he had turned a corner and stepped up, but man he has fallen apart and gotten back into bad habits in the second half. It's not just the questionable goals that bother me, it's his reactions. He's got a horrible tendency to stare down his mates after a goal, or whine to the ref. I don't like that at all.

DJ Axeom wrote:
zilch wrote:

And ya know, that's a totally plausible assessment. You could be dead-on about that.

I've never played G, so I don't know - but THAT makes sense.

*** just another reason I'm so glad this forum was created. The trolls are already tearing each other apart over Els' goal on StLToday. SHEESH - you'd think we were LOSING or something. :roll:
Agreed on this board. The other place was already annoying before the mass ban, but now it's unbearable. I saw Bleeder was over there talking to himself today. Good God.

And regardless, if that's the only goal Elliott gives up today, I'm not too down on him. He's played a decent game so far. I'm excited to see what Allen can do in the playoffs, though.