The West is weak this year

Looking over the teams out West, it seems the teams in the West are pretty weak this year. There's definitely no one dominate team and really no team that truly worries me.

The first round match-up versus either the Wild or the Jets very well may be the toughest match-up of the playoffs. Chicago and Nashville are playing really bad hockey right now. Vancouver and Calgary are probably the two worst teams in the playoffs out West. Anaheim is the best of the bunch but they have questions in goal.

The West is ripe for the pickins boys.

Re: The West is weak this year

wizard pork sword wrote:Looking over the teams out West, it seems the teams in the West are pretty weak this year. There's definitely no one dominate team and really no team that truly worries me.

The first round match-up versus either the Wild or the Jets very well may be the toughest match-up of the playoffs. Chicago and Nashville are playing really bad hockey right now. Vancouver and Calgary are probably the two worst teams in the playoffs out West. Anaheim is the best of the bunch but they have questions in goal.

The West is ripe for the pickins boys.
This is what it's like to be the team that everyone else is worried about.

holdem wrote:Funny, I'd say every team worries me.
Exactly. The Wild and Jets, IMHO, are the two scariest teams. They hardly resemble their teams that started the season. They are peaking at the right time. That's really what it's about in the playoffs. Let's hope the Blues taking the last two against Chicago (when they really counted) and the return of #91 and #20 will be a catalyst that we need to bring the Wild (who I am guessing we are going to play) back down to earth.

StL Dan wrote:Minny and Vancouver are the two teams that seem to have the Blues number this year.
I agree and Devin Dubykn for the Wild is been lights out. The Ducks are pretty good team also but they are having trouble listening to NBC telecast the other night,I was listening to Mike Johnson talking about the Ducks having trouble deciding who they are starting in the playoffs with their Goalies with Federick Anderson or John Gibson.Anderson was their Number 1 before he got Hurt but John Gibson fill in and played very well while he was hurt.Anderson came back but he has struggle some games.

oldbattler wrote:
StL Dan wrote:Minny and Vancouver are the two teams that seem to have the Blues number this year.
I agree and Devin Dubykn for the Wild is been lights out. The Ducks are pretty good team also but they are having trouble listening to NBC telecast the other night,I was listening to Mike Johnson talking about deciding who they are starting in the playoffs with their Goalies with Federick Anderson or John Gibson.Anderson was their Number 1 before he got Hurt but John Gibson fill in and played very well while he was hurt.Anderson came back but he has struggle some games.
IIRC, Andersen spent some time on the shelf recovering from an injury during Jan/Feb. He hasn't quite been the same since. Gibson has done a good job of taking advantage of his opportunity and has received more and more playing time. I like that chink in the Duck's armor.

StL Dan wrote:
oldbattler wrote:
I agree and Devin Dubykn for the Wild is been lights out. The Ducks are pretty good team also but they are having trouble listening to NBC telecast the other night,I was listening to Mike Johnson talking about deciding who they are starting in the playoffs with their Goalies with Federick Anderson or John Gibson.Anderson was their Number 1 before he got Hurt but John Gibson fill in and played very well while he was hurt.Anderson came back but he has struggle some games.
IIRC, Andersen spent some time on the shelf recovering from an injury during Jan/Feb. He hasn't quite been the same since. Gibson has done a good job of taking advantage of his opportunity and has received more and more playing time. I like that chink in the Duck's armor.

I agree .Plus, While I was listening and watching the Ducks Telecast the other night against the Dallas Stars.The Commentator Mike Johnson pointed out that last year the Ducks played 3 of their Goalies last year in 2 rounds of the playoffs.Jonas Hiller ,John Gibson and Anderson.They won't have to worry about Hiller he went and has played pretty well with the Flames this year.He was in net last night when the Flames Clinch a playoff spot against the Kings,

Battra wrote:
Bingo.

I'm going to reserve my judgment on the Western Conference until hockey is played.

4 minutes.

4 minutes into the first, I'm gonna unload on Hitchcock and Armstrong!
we're the blues. every team should worry you.

T.C. wrote:
Battra wrote:
Bingo.

I'm going to reserve my judgment on the Western Conference until hockey is played.

4 minutes.

QFT

T.C. wrote:
Battra wrote:
Bingo.

4 minutes.

The Blues have beaten most of these teams in the playoffs once before.

Just need to string some together.

The win in Chicago was huge to me.

I'm optimistic. Not Cup optimistic...but Conference Finals.