GDT: Hawks vs our BLUES

BLACKHAWKS (48-26-6) at BLUES (49-24-7)

TV: NBCSN, CSN-CH

Season series: The Chicago Blackhawks and St. Louis Blues have split their four games this season. The Blues defeated the Blackhawks 2-1 in Chicago this past Sunday on a 38-save performance from goalie Jake Allen and goals by forwards David Backes and Olli Jokinen.

Blackhawks team scope: Chicago can finish anywhere from first in the Central Division to being the first wild card into the Stanley Cup Playoffs from the Western Conference. However, the Blackhawks need to win their remaining two games and get some help from teams playing the Blues and Nashville Predators if they want to climb the standings. "I think we're much better on the road this year," coach Joel Quenneville said on the Blackhawks website. "… Every game's tight, every game's on the line from start to finish. We'll see where we stand [at the end of the regular season]." Goalie Corey Crawford is expected to start. Right wing Patrick Kane (clavicle) is skating but not cleared to play. Defenseman Kimmo Timonen (upper-body injury) is day-to-day and center Brad Richards (upper body) will sit out the remainder of the regular season.

Blues team scope: St. Louis can wrap up home-ice advantage for the Western Conference First Round with a victory against the Blackhawks. Coupled with a Nashville regulation loss to the Minnesota Wild on Thursday, the Blues can win the Central Division for the second time in four seasons. "First and foremost, the only way to really take care of ourselves is to win," defenseman Kevin Shattenkirk said. "Tomorrow's a big game. I think we can lock up home-ice advantage if we win, or at least get one of the top two spots if we win tomorrow. … They're a team that's chasing us right now. We know how good they can be at this time of the year, so it's important that we get a good one tomorrow." Allen will get the start in goal for the Blues, who will be without injured forwards Alexander Steen (lower body) and Vladimir Tarasenko (lower body) and defenseman Robert Bortuzzo (upper body).

TEAM STATS
Hawks
GP RECORD HOME ROAD L10 G/GP GA/GP PP% PK% PIM/GP S/GP SA/GP FO%
80 48-26-6 24-12-5 24-14-1 5-5-0 2.71 2.26 17.8 84.3 7.2 34.1 30.4 52.1

BLUES
GP RECORD HOME ROAD L10 G/GP GA/GP PP% PK% PIM/GP S/GP SA/GP FO%
80 49-24-7 25-12-2 24-12-5 4-4-2 2.91 2.42 22.1 83.7 11.1 31.1 27.3 53.5
Last edited by T.C. on Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: de-stickified

Re: GDT: Hawks vs our BLUES

Turk Sanderson wrote:
wizard pork sword wrote:Is anyone else less afraid of Chicago and Nashville in the first round than Minnesota and the Jets?
Not so much Minny, but those Jets are a physical lot :)
They remind me A LOT of the Kings. Just this big heavy team that can wear you down over a long series. They are Hippos on ice.

wizard pork sword wrote:
Turk Sanderson wrote:
wizard pork sword wrote:Is anyone else less afraid of Chicago and Nashville in the first round than Minnesota and the Jets?
Not so much Minny, but those Jets are a physical lot :)
They remind me A LOT of the Kings. Just this big heavy team that can wear you down over a long series. They are Hippos on ice.
I think Minny will flame out come playoffs if they make it. I think the Jets will cause a lot of problems in round one if they make it. There defense is built for playoff hockey, and Myers has had a bit of a renaissance since getting moved to Winnipeg. They are big and mobile, and I wouldn't want the Blues to face that in round one for injury concerns.

I will not be watching this game.

Instead, I'll be watching the Lightning vs Devils live Anytime to watch live hockey is good, right? Even if means missing a big, big Blues game...right? Devils and Lightning are wife's team/s so it has to be good to go!

I will be watching though on the NBC app if i can, or check in here. :twisted:

LGB!!!
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote:I will not be watching this game.

Instead, I'll be watching the Lightning vs Devils live Anytime to watch live hockey is good, right? Even if means missing a big, big Blues game...right? Devils and Lightning are wife's team/s so it has to be good to go!

LGB!!!
Turn in your man card and Blues card to T.C.

StL Dan wrote:

LGB!!!
lol, says the guy talking about tough soccer players. :mrgreen:

I WANT TO SEE BLOOD SPLURTING FROM SKULL WOUNDS

T.C. wrote:
StL Dan wrote:

LGB!!!
lol, says the guy talking about tough soccer players. :mrgreen:

I WANT TO SEE BLOOD SPLURTING FROM SKULL WOUNDS
LOL....only my font was bluuuuuue! #sarcasm

I'd turn myself in if I ever became a soccer fan. :mrgreen:

LGB!!!
^------Reason #26 that I'm glad I'm no longer married. :D

JK - sorta...