Re: Andrew Shaw

The only reason Jackman isn't in the hospital is because Shaw mostly missed his mark. You could tell he was aiming at Jackman's head when he launched himself in the air. I'm usually not one to suggest thuggery but if we meet in the playoffs someone needs to take him out.

blueslifer wrote:The only reason Jackman isn't in the hospital is because Shaw mostly missed his mark. You could tell he was aiming at Jackman's head when he launched himself in the air. I'm usually not one to suggest thuggery but if we meet in the playoffs someone needs to take him out.
Nah, take out Toews instead.

HockeyFan85 wrote:
blueslifer wrote:The only reason Jackman isn't in the hospital is because Shaw mostly missed his mark. You could tell he was aiming at Jackman's head when he launched himself in the air. I'm usually not one to suggest thuggery but if we meet in the playoffs someone needs to take him out.
I'm 100% in favor of Toews leaving Thursday's game early and being "questionable" for Round 1 of the playoffs, even if we end up not playing them in the 1st Round. I'm sick of these headhunting, worthless pieces of crap trying to impair our ability to field our best team for the playoffs. Time to see what they can do without Toews and Kane.

It would be awesome if the Blues played the Hawks in the playoffs, Kane comes back from injury, and someone from the Blues puts him right back on the IR.

It's pretty simple, remind Shaw, Seabrook, etc that when they make these reckless plays that there will be retaliation. Someone like Ott, Reeves, Jackman, or whoever goes after Toews or Hossa. Leave your skates, hit from behind, get your elbows up, make sure the intent to injure is there.

HockeyFan85 wrote:

My sarcasm detector meter is broken, so I don't know if you're serious or not. If we take Toews out, then they respond by taking out Tarasenko. Why not go straight to the punk bitch source?

blueslifer wrote:My sarcasm detector meter is broken, so I don't know if you're serious or not. If we take Toews out, then they respond by taking out Tarasenko. Why not go straight to the punk bitch source?
There are just too many other "punk bitches" on that team to make running Shaw worthwhile. Cut off the head and the body dies. If they want to play dirty, we start at the top. I was really disappointed that Bortuzzo got hurt and couldn't finish the game because I would have loved to see him go nuclear on one of the Hawks skill guys in the corner as retribution. I love the guy, but at this point he can also be valuable in soaking up a suspension for "evening the score" in a situation like this. I actually wouldn't mind seeing Edmundson brought up for Thursday's game for just this reason.

LrdStnly wrote:
UMSLBlues12 wrote:Looks like he's not going to be suspended.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2015 ... g-jackman/
Ridiculous
Beyond ridiculous. The NHL continues to be a fucking joke!
Because Jackman wasn't injured, no suspension. The fact that Shaw was 100% intent on making a vegetable out of Jackman is irrelevant in the eyes of the nhl. There is absolutely no way to look at that attempt other than an intent to injure. It was NOT a hockey play, in any shape or form. He obviously left his feet to deliver the hit, leading with his elbow, and aimed at the head. The only thing he DIDN'T do, was bring a gun.
Absolutely pathetic.

barnburner wrote:
LrdStnly wrote:
UMSLBlues12 wrote:Looks like he's not going to be suspended.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2015 ... g-jackman/
Ridiculous
Beyond ridiculous. The NHL continues to be a fucking joke!
Because Jackman wasn't injured, no suspension. The fact that Shaw was 100% intent on making a vegetable out of Jackman is irrelevant in the eyes of the nhl. There is absolutely no way to look at that attempt other than an intent to injure. It was NOT a hockey play, in any shape or form. He obviously left his feet to deliver the hit, leading with his elbow, and aimed at the head. The only thing he DIDN'T do, was bring a gun.
Absolutely pathetic.
I'm in total agreement.......the NHL is such an embarrassment, yet I'm not surprised. Fuck this joke of a league (or at least the people that run it)

blueslifer wrote:
HockeyFan85 wrote:

My sarcasm detector meter is broken, so I don't know if you're serious or not. If we take Toews out, then they respond by taking out Tarasenko. Why not go straight to the punk bitch source?

Going after the punk bitch source accomplishes very little. Picture the Blackhawks collectively as one individual, with Shaw being a fist. Do you respond to being punched by going after the fist that hit you? Nope, kick 'em in the nuts (i.e. Toews, Kane, Hossa, etc.). The Hawks wouldn't care if the Blues focus on taking out Shaw. They'd be delighted that he did his job and took the attention away from the guys that can really kill you. You even eluded to this reality by suggesting that the Hawks would respond to the Blues taking out Toews by going after Tarasenko. And by the way, they'd be headhunting Tarasenko (as would any other opponent) regardless of what the Blues do. That's NHL hockey.

insideout wrote:
Going after the punk bitch source accomplishes very little. Picture the Blackhawks collectively as one individual, with Shaw being a fist. Do you respond to being punched by going after the fist that hit you? Nope, kick 'em in the nuts (i.e. Toews, Kane, Hossa, etc.). The Hawks wouldn't care if the Blues focus on taking out Shaw. They'd be delighted that he did his job and took the attention away from the guys that can really kill you. You even eluded to this reality by suggesting that the Hawks would respond to the Blues taking out Toews by going after Tarasenko. And by the way, they'd be headhunting Tarasenko (as would any other opponent) regardless of what the Blues do. That's NHL hockey.
I see it a little differently. I think Shaw is the prick, and Seabrooke and Bickell are the balls. Toews, Kane, and Hossa have no balls. :D

blueslifer wrote:
HockeyFan85 wrote:

Because losing Shaw is a minor matter. When you put Toews or Hossa on the IR, Q will tell his goons to knock the bs off.

The point is, they are going to go after Taranseko and Steen regardless. Take Toews out and they know it doesn't come free.

I'm not surprised. He headbutted a player a couple weeks ago and got nothing, so why would they start disciplining his dirty little ass now? Too bad he didn't break his neck with his little scud missile dive at Jackman, that would have broken my fucking heart...

blueslifer wrote:
HockeyFan85 wrote:

Others have basically answered for me in the exact way I feel, but I'll go ahead and confirm.

No, this wasn't sarcasm.