Sunday at Chicago

Easily the most important game of the season so far. Win and we get a cushion for 2nd in the division and possible pass the Preds, lose and we fall to 3rd in the division. We need to win a game at United Center just to say we can do it as well I think. I'm already pumped for this game.

Re: Sunday at Chicago

Is it too much to ask for a crushing defeat of the Hawks in their own barn? Every time we play them it seems like it's either a tight game, or they just flat out beat us. It'd be nice to switch it up and get them out of our heads.

Qapod The Mortician wrote:It would be really nice to have Steen and Tarasenko for that game.
I'm guessing that Steen will be back for sure. Tarasenko is iffy. But, I hope he can play. But, The Blues only play in desperation mode (super adrenalin) when they are missing key players. I hope they are both back, and The Blues play like World-beaters, anyway.

I'llBeBackes wrote:Win or lose their main goal should be breaking Toews collarbone, too. Gotta think ahead of the curve, since we'll probably be seeing them in the Playoffs. So I wanna see boarding, high slashes, hitting from behind, charging, the whole nine yards...
Turnabout's fair play. As NHLTIM says "better to be the hunter than the hunted."

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:Don't forget if the Blues try and do that to Toews the Hawks can go gunning for Backes or Oshie.

Seabrook already got Backes pretty good last year.
We can fully expect the Blackhawks to attempt to injure our key players....cheap bastards....it's what they do. Seabrook should have a target ion his back as well as Toews, Sharp, and Kane if he comes back for these games. Better to be the hunter...

So who starts in net? It seems Elliott has lost his confidence. He is continually fight off pucks that should be routine saves, does not look comfortably or confident in himself, and lately it seems he cannot come up with a save when we need it. I like Elliott but just don't see at this point how you can justify him playing over Allen. Thought?

TR-USA wrote:So who starts in net? It seems Elliott has lost his confidence. He is continually fight off pucks that should be routine saves, does not look comfortably or confident in himself, and lately it seems he cannot come up with a save when we need it. I like Elliott but just don't see at this point how you can justify him playing over Allen. Thought?
Ells did as well as could have been expected last night considering the whack in the back of the head prior to the bullshit penalty shot call. It's all about the defense with this team, and they were horrible last night. Like I said yesterday, I trust that the coaching staff will put the guy on the ice who gives the Blues the best chance to win....they know a lot more about that shit than me.

I think you start Ells against the Hawks. Big game against 2 good teams on the road. It's what the playoffs will be like every game.
Either he shows now in this game that he can be the man and win this game and show he can be counted on then I think you have start Allen the rest of the way and prepare him to be our starter in the playoffs.

I don't want to see a shootout win or a close loss ! Iwant to see a regulation or OT win where I can feel good about him getting us past the frigging 1st round!

Turk Sanderson wrote:
I'llBeBackes wrote:Win or lose their main goal should be breaking Toews collarbone, too. Gotta think ahead of the curve, since we'll probably be seeing them in the Playoffs. So I wanna see boarding, high slashes, hitting from behind, charging, the whole nine yards...
Turnabout's fair play. As NHLTIM says "better to be the hunter than the hunted."
I'd prefer they waited until Thursday's game to go "Hawk Hunting" so there is limited opportunity for retaliation. They do need to a much netter job of making life very uncomfortable for Toews and several of the other Hawks players in both games, though.

I was not necessarily referring to Elliott's game last night (although he has to make the save on Benn for their second goal that changed the game completely). But to his play since the all star break. Since the all star break he has not been very good around a 500 record. If he wants to be the starter he has to be better.

MissouriMook wrote:
Turk Sanderson wrote:
I'd prefer they waited until Thursday's game to go "Hawk Hunting" so there is limited opportunity for retaliation. They do need to a much netter job of making life very uncomfortable for Toews and several of the other Hawks players in both games, though.
I hear ya Mook, but they're shifty rascals, Thursday you may not get your opportunities. The way I see it, is that the Blues have got two games to eliminate as many of those ***************** from postseason play as possible. :D

Did this team just show it had some heart and soul or what? They just won a shootout at the OK corral. Dallas knows how to score. The Blues did that without Steen or Tank! Seriously this team has a decent shot at the cup no matter where we end up in the standings. LGB!!!

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:Beating Dallas makes you a Cup contender??!? They're not even in the playoffs for pete's sake!
No having an absolutely stacked roster that has shown the ability to come back from being down and out in multiple games this year makes this team a cup contender. The question marks for this team are in goal, the ability to tighten up the D, and to a lesser extent playoff scoring. Good news is that every team in the NHL these days have at least one major question mark even the contenders. Make no mistake this Blues team is a serious contender.

After watching how absolutely inept they were most of the night last night, and then somehow, winning the game, despite being dominated badly, I'll admit I don't have a clue as to what this team will do.
We might win the rest of the games, or we might not win any.
This late in the year, it's frustrating as hell to not know what we have.

barnburner wrote:After watching how absolutely inept they were most of the night last night, and then somehow, winning the game, despite being dominated badly, I'll admit I don't have a clue as to what this team will do.
We might win the rest of the games, or we might not win any.
This late in the year, it's frustrating as hell to not know what we have.
Right.

The Blues were bad last night from top to bottom.

The only thing they showed me was that they could beat a team who inexplicably played worse.