Re: GDT: Blues at Stars

scottie18 wrote:
Robb_K wrote:Berglund should have scored on that breakaway. He didn't even try to make a move, and telegraphed his shot by constantly looking where he was going to shoot it. How did he ever become highly-touted enoughto become a 1st rounder, when he has such stone hands and poor finishing skills????
To be fair, he had two Dallas players taking the middle away, so he really only had one option.
He didn't have the option to pass, but, he could have made a quick move and deke, to get the goalie to react, and then flipped it into the vacated area. But he seems to have only one speed when driving the net, and no moves. Yet he's been a centre all his career.

Robb_K wrote:
scottie18 wrote:
Robb_K wrote:Berglund should have scored on that breakaway. He didn't even try to make a move, and telegraphed his shot by constantly looking where he was going to shoot it. How did he ever become highly-touted enoughto become a 1st rounder, when he has such stone hands and poor finishing skills????
To be fair, he had two Dallas players taking the middle away, so he really only had one option.
He didn't have the option to pass, but, he could have made a quick move and deke, to get the goalie to react, and then flipped it into the vacated area. But he seems to have only one speed when driving the net, and no moves. Yet he's been a centre all his career.
What move? The goalie knows he has to shoot from that angle. A deke would do nothing but give the D time to close in on him. A shot from there was all he had.

barnburner wrote:Let's see if these clowns have any pride at all, or are they just going to continue to embarrass themselves.
These guys will never make it out of the first round.

Play The Body!!!!!!!!
barnburner, if you are the same barnburner from the STL Blues Talk Forum, you are one of the most respected, level headed, realistically optimistic Blues fans around. If you are frustrated then I know we are in trouble.

barnburner wrote:
kielejocain wrote:Everybody put your pacifiers back in. Game's not over. Schwartzy with a beaut.
No matter how it turns out, this has been a pathetic disgusting effort by almost the entire team.
Ok. I disagree that this implies that Hitch can't coach and we're going to lose in the first round. No one was saying those things after last game, I noticed.

We're all a bit high-strung right now I think. Yes, it was an ugly period. We still get to play the third, and at least 8 games after that.

kielejocain wrote:
barnburner wrote:
kielejocain wrote:Everybody put your pacifiers back in. Game's not over. Schwartzy with a beaut.
No matter how it turns out, this has been a pathetic disgusting effort by almost the entire team.
Ok. I disagree that this implies that Hitch can't coach and we're going to lose in the first round. No one was saying those things after last game, I noticed.

We're all a bit high-strung right now I think. Yes, it was an ugly period. We still get to play the third, and at least 8 games after that.
Kieljocain, with all due respect I'm not sure anyone was insinuating that Hitch can't coach.

UMSLBlues12 wrote:
storey13 wrote:Is it just me or do we need to bench Gunn and JayBo for a few games? They are really hurting the team right now.
Its not just you. Especially Gunnarsson. We are noticeably worse today with him playing.
Gunner has been quite frustrating to me for a few games now, as well.

I think we really miss Tank and Steen, though. Porter and Rattie are on pace for fewer than 10 minutes; the remaining regulars have been asked to pick up a TON of responsibility. They're not all doing it, that's to be sure.

kielejocain wrote:
barnburner wrote:

QFA

barcthespark wrote:Kieljocain, with all due respect I'm not sure anyone was insinuating that Hitch can't coach.
I appreciate the respect, and I hope others know my comments are delivered with the same.

foo definitely made a joke to the effect that Hitch is choking right now. That coupled with the rest of the flood of negativity was really starting to grate on my nerves.

Dallas is a good team that has gone through significant injuries this year; they're healthy now, we're not, and it shows. I definitely understand all the frustration, at least.

I intended my pacifier remark in the same way I assume many of the disparaging remarks were intended--as a one-off comment that was half venting and half amusement. It was not intended to target any one individual. I hope it didn't spoil anyone's ability to enjoy this 8-5 Blues victory.

I'm gonna go grab some dinner with the wife and watch the third when I get back. I'm not ignoring anyone's responses from this point forward other than to avoid spoilers.

See you all after the game.