Re: Bort is the man!

Bort never leaves the lineup again! He gives us a different element on D, he's very solid at moving the puck, and doesn't get caught out of position going for a big hit often. Seriously, Big Bob was never this good in Pittsburgh, he's been a steal so far.

Couldn't agree more, no way Borts should be out of the lineup at this point. I wish Lindbohm was still here too.

Btw wut up everybody, glad this forum exists! The Stl today forums have become pretty awful lately, I post on Hockeys Future boards too but there's not alot of traffic over there, though I love the vast majority of posters there as they are all very knowledgeable hockey fans and things are kept pretty civil. Also dig that there's alot of foreign posters.

Glad to be here! I've lurked on here for a bit and love this place so far.

shpongle falls wrote:Couldn't agree more, no way Borts should be out of the lineup at this point. I wish Lindbohm was still here too.

Btw wut up everybody, glad this forum exists! The Stl today forums have become pretty awful lately, I post on Hockeys Future boards too but there's not alot of traffic over there, though I love the vast majority of posters there as they are all very knowledgeable hockey fans and things are kept pretty civil. Also dig that there's alot of foreign posters.

Glad to be here! I've lurked on here for a bit and love this place so far.
Welcome shpongle.

Really impressed by cybort. I still think he is a bottom pairing guy, but he has fit in nicely. He brings an element this defense sorely lacked. He's like Polak, but he makes better decisions on the ice.

Would've been nice to have Borts around when Thornton blasted Perron. Borts probably would've gotten his ass kicked, but at least he would have done more than the rest of the Blues did, which was NOTHING!!! He seems like a player built for the playoffs.

Borts response last night will make team's think twice before pulling the same BS we have seen from the Kings and Hawks the last three seasons. Bortuzzo didn't even hesitate. He gave Bollig three pops to the face before he even realized he was in a fight.

How many times on the other board did I or somebody say we need somebody to just drop the gloves and start punching when we are taken advantage of. It was a beautiful thing to see Bort do that last night. Bollig sure as heck wasn't expecting it probably because it was the Blues. I loved seeing that response..I was damn near giddy!
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote:How many times on the other board did I or somebody say we need somebody to just drop the gloves and start punching when we are taken advantage of. It was a beautiful thing to see Bort do that last night. Bollig sure as heck wasn't expecting it probably because it was the Blues. I loved seeing that response..I was damn near giddy!
Right?! It was hilarious, Bollig just stood there wondering "What the fuck is going on? You're not Ryan Reaves!" All the while Bort just laid into him landing two or three big punches.

Anton Chigurh wrote:
NHLTIM wrote:How many times on the other board did I or somebody say we need somebody to just drop the gloves and start punching when we are taken advantage of. It was a beautiful thing to see Bort do that last night. Bollig sure as heck wasn't expecting it probably because it was the Blues. I loved seeing that response..I was damn near giddy!
Right?! It was hilarious, Bollig just stood there wondering "What the fuck is going on? You're not Ryan Reaves!" All the while Bort just laid into him landing two or three big punches.
That shot of Jax just glaring at Bollig as blood started to stream down his face was the definition of badass.

MIZDSP wrote:Borts response last night will make team's think twice before pulling the same BS we have seen from the Kings and Hawks the last three seasons. Bortuzzo didn't even hesitate. He gave Bollig three pops to the face before he even realized he was in a fight.
Did the same thing with a hit on Oshie in his first game with the Blues (I think) He doesn't stop to think about it, he just reacts and attacks anyone who dares take a liberty with a team mate. Perfect for a 3rd pairing guy.

#BortForThePlayoffs

I love me some Bort, and I'm just as excited as everyone else. HOWEVER, I believe it is important that the Blues use him wisely. I'd like to see him in the line up every night, but I have a feeling he's the type of player who is better suited for limited minutes. Perfect example is Barrett Jackman. Not a lot of Jackman hate in St. Louis these days because the Blues are finally using him properly. He is no longer overexposed. It is my hope that the rest of the D-men are healthy and doing what they are supposed to do. If the Blues lean on Bort to much, I have a feeling we'll all be greatly disappointed. His teammates need to pick it up and keep letting him do what he does best.

On a side note, THAT is how you take a "good" penalty. No pussyfooting if your'e going to the box for instigating. Get in their and pop him 3 or 4 times before he even knows what hit him. I love it.

That kind of play is exactly why the instigator is so terrible. The Blues did not deserve a penalty on that play. They should be able to stick up for themselves without having to put a player in the box for 17 minutes. Ridiculous.

By the way, I love me some Bobby. I kept hearing how he is prone to bonehead mistakes. I really haven't seen any.

Gunnar needs to stay on the Bench. I don't know if that will actually happen, but it should.

Also, anyone else think Shattenkirk was looking kind of tubby? I know he hasn't played in awhile, but was surprised at how he looked when he was in the penalty box last night. I know he's never been super lean, but he definitely looked bigger than usual.

After that hit, my buddy chirped bollig so bad on twitter the dude blocked him. Even if Bort isn't long for the blues after this year he has certainly gained a fan in me. I really hope we re-sign him. He is exactly what we need if we are going to run 4 soft dman in the top 4.

rocketpop wrote:Gunnar needs to stay on the Bench. I don't know if that will actually happen, but it should.

Also, anyone else think Shattenkirk was looking kind of tubby? I know he hasn't played in awhile, but was surprised at how he looked when he was in the penalty box last night. I know he's never been super lean, but he definitely looked bigger than usual.

Haha, I thought the same thing about Shatty. I guess he had too much time for potato chips over the last several weeks.

rocketpop wrote:Gunnar needs to stay on the Bench. I don't know if that will actually happen, but it should.

Wow. I think everyone noticed that last night. My girlfriend even mentioned it at the exact same time when he was in the box. haha. I mean..you can't blame the guy. I'm sure he wasn't able to do much recovering from the injury he had. lot's of "rest".

This times a million! Bortuzzo is the man and he makes me miss Lindbohm just because I think they play a very similar style.

I notice it when in his first game back.He said in the last current off season he worked out very hard and watch what he ate because he like the Junk foods and he also said he was in best shape he ever was, entering this season.I guess because of his injury and surgery he had, he ate alot of junk foods because you kinda of see it in his neck and face when you look at him closely.Hopefully he can get going again, like he was earlier in the season but again he may not.Time will tell.

Been out of town this week and missed last 2 games. ? On Shattys comments on play and shape. Has his play dropped off that badly or do you think it was just the overall play of the whole team in a rut? How did his overall play look last night.
When he is on his game he is invaluable imo.

Anton Chigurh wrote:
No matter what happened the rest of the game, I was happy at that moment. BORT BORT BORT!!!! :twisted:
"Do Only Good Everyday"