Re: GDT: Canucks at Blues

Hitch might be a vampire. His record with the Blues on the long side of the equinox is now 30-37. The more hours of daylight, the more they suck. Spring comes, the birds start chirping, the flowers are blooming and the Blues turn into the Rams.
Last edited by insideout on Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

insideout wrote:Hitch might be a vampire. His record with the Blues on the long side of the equinox is now 30-37. The more hours of daylight, the more they suck. Spring comes, the birds start chirping, the flowers are blooming and the Blues turn into the Rams.
NO NO NO.

If they fail again this year, I agree that Hitch will be gone - but it'll be because Hitch will quit.

This team's core is a coach killer. They just... they're just NOT designed for the playoffs, mentally.

If they go out in Rd1 again, I expect SEVERE changes. Backes, Oshie, and many others will be gone. They just don't have the heart.

Believe me, I WISH THEY DID. But they're just not showing it - AGAIN.

DJ Axeom wrote:
insideout wrote:Hitch might be a vampire. His record with the Blues on the long side of the equinox is now 30-37. The more hours of daylight, the more they suck. Spring comes, the birds start chirping, the flowers are blooming and the Blues turn into the Rams.
NO NO NO.

If they fail again this year, I agree that Hitch will be gone - but it'll be because Hitch will quit.

This team's core is a coach killer. They just... they're just NOT designed for the playoffs, mentally.

If they go out in Rd1 again, I expect SEVERE changes. Backes, Oshie, and many others will be gone. They just don't have the heart.

Believe me, I WISH THEY DID. But they're just not showing it - AGAIN.

I'm all for changes, but what 'core' has been a 'coach killer'?

BH (before Hitch) top 9 Forwards and top 6 D were: Steen; Backes; Oshie; Berglund; Jackman. Petro.

That's only 6 players out of 22 skaters and the two goalies with the team right now. About .25%, and those are our leaders, and oddly enough, some of our most productive offensive players, minus Bergs and Jax.

Sorry, while I'm (again) all for moving some pieces, this falls on Hitch and DA as much as the 'core' if we do not have a successful post-season. Which we may. Coaches job is to lead, instruct, and manage his players to develop a winning team. Right now on home ice, we are not a winning team, so maybe falling down to a wild card wouldn't be so bad. :evil:
"Do Only Good Everyday"

They've only won 1 of their last 6 games with only 6 games to go before the playoffs begin. They've quickly gone from fighting for the conference lead to possibly becoming a wild card team. It's depressing.

Last season they had injuries as an excuse. This season there are no excuses.

I'm really tired of these same disappointments year after year. THIS year, it seemed as if their team is good enough in all areas. But, perhaps they really aren't? They scored a lot by sending Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk into the opponent's zone acting as a 5th forward. ALL their defencemen pinch in (sometimes very deep) to keep the offence going. In previous years, when they had their smothering defence, they took A LOT less chances. Thus, their offence was not good enough, and was anemic in the playoffs. This season, their offence was good enough (until a few weeks ago (and worsened by Shattenkirk's absence). But, now, to get that added offence, the defensive breakdowns, in the form of odd-man rushes and breakaways given up, are their undoing. That, combined with bad changes, has caused the defence to become shaky and non-confident. When you add a scoring drought to thatt, the result is a disaster.

barcthespark wrote:They've only won 1 of their last 6 games with only 6 games to go before the playoffs begin. They've quickly gone from fighting for the conference lead to possibly becoming a wild card team. It's depressing.

Last season they had injuries as an excuse. This season there are no excuses.
Oh don't speak so soon, the injuries are already starting...

And so are the excuses. This years excuse du jour is that they are playing a lot of "desperate" teams...NEWS FLASH BLUES: IT AINT GETTING ANY EASIER FROM HERE.

Such is the life of a Blues fan. Aren't we all prepared for disappointment in the playoffs anyway? It is what it is but we've seen this before many many times
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

This team lacks character and I know we can blame Hitch as he is the coach. But are these players bunch of primadonnas they need to step up and play in front of there home crowd and not let a team come into there house and spank them.

I personally want to see Oshie, Berglund and Backes gone next year either way as I still believe the Boy Band is the issue.

Robb_K wrote:I'm really tired of these same disappointments year after year. THIS year, it seemed as if their team is good enough in all areas. But, perhaps they really aren't? They scored a lot by sending Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk into the opponent's zone acting as a 5th forward. ALL their defencemen pinch in (sometimes very deep) to keep the offence going. In previous years, when they had their smothering defence, they took A LOT less chances. Thus, their offence was not good enough, and was anemic in the playoffs. This season, their offence was good enough (until a few weeks ago (and worsened by Shattenkirk's absence). But, now, to get that added offence, the defensive breakdowns, in the form of odd-man rushes and breakaways given up, are their undoing. That, combined with bad changes, has caused the defence to become shaky and non-confident. When you add a scoring drought to thatt, the result is a disaster.
Of course the injuries always pile up going into the off season as well, like Backes' foot last year....I know probably 100% of the guys in the NHL are dinged up to some degree by the time the playoffs start, but we seem to always have 2, 3, or more integral players who are hurt really bad and they try to play through it. They struggle in the playoffs and then we always wonder did they just suck or were they really hurt so bad they couldn't perform to their normal level?

Same shit, different year. Now I suppose one or two more of our top 6 will get nicked in the next 5 games as well...

BluesSK wrote:A totally ugly effort tonight.

Sucks for the fans who paid for this shit.
For the first time since I became a season ticket holder again (I had them in the late 80s and early 90s) I left the game early tonight. It's gotten really hard to get emotionally invested in the success of a team that doesn't seem to be able to invest physically or emotionally in their own success. There have just been too many lackluster efforts at home this year, especially since early February.

It seems an early exit awaits us again this year. I don't hold out much hope that we are going to be able to stay ahead of the Hawks and having to start a series in their building is asking for trouble. I hope they prove me wrong, but I could easily see this listless squad get bounced in the 1st round in 5 games this year.

Sorry for the rant, but I will finish with one observation from tonight. It's one of those things that you suddenly realize that you already knew. This team is way too slow to hit as little as they do. Having a defense that can quickly transition the puck up the ice is simply ineffective when the speed of the forwards won't allow it to turn into a dangerous offensive rush. We're simply in a hurry to dump the puck in, cycle a few times, take a harmless shot from the point, and then go retrieve the puck and start all over. At some point we need to be able to get behind a defense instead of being content with surrounding it and trying to create offense from the perimeter.

/endrant