Re: Chicago Wolves

I'd really like to see them acquire or develop a good young PMD for the left side to replace Bouwmeester. We have Edmundson and Lindbohm on the left side and our right side is stacked for years to come with Petro, Shatty, Parayko, Bortuzzo, Schmaltz, and Vannelli.

MissouriMook wrote:I'd really like to see them acquire or develop a good young PMD for the left side to replace Bouwmeester. We have Edmundson and Lindbohm on the left side and our right side is stacked for years to come with Petro, Shatty, Parayko, Bortuzzo, Schmaltz, and Vannelli.
Jake Walman has good PMD and offensive abilities...but he's a ways away. I agree that one a little closer to contributing at the NHL level would be ideal.

Sergeev is also a lefty but he's pretty much a pure defensive d-man.

STL fan in IA wrote:
MissouriMook wrote:I'd really like to see them acquire or develop a good young PMD for the left side to replace Bouwmeester. We have Edmundson and Lindbohm on the left side and our right side is stacked for years to come with Petro, Shatty, Parayko, Bortuzzo, Schmaltz, and Vannelli.
Jake Walman has good PMD and offensive abilities...but he's a ways away. I agree that one a little closer to contributing at the NHL level would be ideal.

Hey guys, how come you're not talking about Hakanpaa anymore? I know he didn't put up offensive numbers, and is not a PMD, but +20 is somewhat impressive. Does he project as a third-pairing LD?

blueslifer wrote:
STL fan in IA wrote:

Hey guys, how come you're not talking about Hakanpaa anymore? I know he didn't put up offensive numbers, and is not a PMD, but +20 is somewhat impressive. Does he project as a third-pairing LD?
Hakanpaa shoots righty so...no. :)

He was +20 last season but he played super sheltered minutes. This season, he's -1.

I'd say he still has an outside chance at an NHL career but I don't consider him to be much of a valued prospect at this point. Lots of guys ahead of him. He's huge but he lacks mobility and doesn't think the game fast enough to be overly effective at the AHL level...which really spells trouble since the NHL pace is even faster. He's better than Brett Ponich was but...that's not exactly a huge complement. He's really going to have to make a huge leap in his game to make it to the NHL IMO and I just don't see that happening unfortunately.