OT: Vicious Attack during Swedish Hockey Warmups

WATCH: Ex-NHLer viciously attacks opponent during warmup in Sweden
By Chris Peters | Hockey Writer
March 29, 2015 2:48 pm ET

Andre Deveaux, who appeared in 31 NHL games with the Toronto Maple Leafs and New York Rangers, could be in a heap of trouble with the Allsvenskan for his actions prior to a playoff game Thursday.

Deveaux, who plays for Rögle in Sweden's second division, viciously attacked VIK's Per Helmersson during warmups. The former NHLer came up from behind Helmersson without warning, slashed him with a full baseball swing in the legs and then swung at Helmersson's head. It is among the most shocking acts you'll see in professional hockey. ...
Here's the craziest part of all this, though. According to the box score, there were no penalties issued from this incident. Both Deveaux and Helmersson played in the game. They also both played in Sunday's game. ...

Deveaux's attack was apparently in retribution for a bad hit received from Helmersson in the previous game in the playoff series between Rogle and VIK. ...

Re: OT: Vicious Attack during Swedish Hockey Warmups

insideout wrote:I can't believe how pussified hockey has become. I hate to sound harsh, but that's why they say you're supposed to have your head on a swivel. Dude paid the price for putting himself in a vulnerable position. As for anyone who has a problem with a guy finishing his checks, go watch soccer or something. Clean hockey play. Nothing to see here.
I'm tiring of the whole "go watch soccer" comments This was NOT a clean hockey play. It was during warm-ups. I respect your "pussified" opinion but careers are being ended prematurely. If someone virtually decapitated and leveled Robby Fabbri unconcious in pre-game warm-ups and ended his career ala Marc Savard, would you call him a pussy and tell him to keep his head on a swivel??

SickMittsRomKnee wrote:
insideout wrote:I can't believe how pussified hockey has become. I hate to sound harsh, but that's why they say you're supposed to have your head on a swivel. Dude paid the price for putting himself in a vulnerable position. As for anyone who has a problem with a guy finishing his checks, go watch soccer or something. Clean hockey play. Nothing to see here.
I'm tiring of the whole "go watch soccer" comments This was NOT a clean hockey play. It was during warm-ups. I respect your "pussified" opinion but careers are being ended prematurely. If someone virtually decapitated and leveled Robby Fabbri unconcious in pre-game warm-ups and ended his career ala Marc Savard, would you call him a pussy and tell him to keep his head on a swivel??
Come on, really???

SickMittsRomKnee wrote:
Sarcasam....can be hard to detect on teh internet!

Qapod The Mortician wrote:
SickMittsRomKnee wrote:
Sorry, I stubbornly refuse to use the blue font.... I simply cannot say, "Attention: I am going to say something sarcastic," before I speak. Totally kills it. Beyond me how anyone could have interpreted my comment as serious though.

SickMittsRomKnee wrote:
I hate soccer, in general, but I have to agree with SickMitts on this one.

The dude got suckered from behind during warmups! Ya, maybe he should have been more vigilent considering what he had done to the opposition in previous encounters. But, this is not a situation that necessitates an anti soccer stance.

SickMittsRomKnee wrote:
Crap. Did I totally miss that? He was joking?

insideout wrote:
SickMittsRomKnee wrote: I'm tiring of the whole "go watch soccer" comments This was NOT a clean hockey play. It was during warm-ups. I respect your "pussified" opinion but careers are being ended prematurely. If someone virtually decapitated and leveled Robby Fabbri unconcious in pre-game warm-ups and ended his career ala Marc Savard, would you call him a pussy and tell him to keep his head on a swivel??
Sorry, I stubbornly refuse to use the blue font.... I simply cannot say, "Attention: I am going to say something sarcastic," before I speak. Totally kills it. Beyond me how anyone could have interpreted my comment as serious though.
Back in the asylum there are people who say shit like you said....but they are serious, lol.

StL Dan wrote:
SickMittsRomKnee wrote:
I hate soccer, in general, but I have to agree with SickMitts on this one.

The dude got suckered from behind during warmups! Ya, maybe he should have been more vigilent considering what he had done to the opposition in previous encounters. But, this is not a situation that necessitates an anti soccer stance.
ruh-roh!!!