Re: Steen.....JR on Twitter

insideout wrote:I say give him extra time if he needs it. Some rest might help too. Get 'em all rested and as healthy as possible.
Yep. We NEED a healthy, rested Steener. Need need need. Give him a couple days off. Probably good for Oshie too. We've seen that line dominate. I think they will be mentally ready. Let's just make sure they are physically ready too.

Steen out tonight and Jokinen to play LW with Backes-Oshie.

Here's the chance some were looking for to see if Jokinen actually has anything left in the tank!

I suspect that if this were a playoff game that Steen would be playing but I think it's a good idea to sit him a game. It sounds like he tweaked his knee so with the next game not until Thurs, might as well rest him.

STL fan in IA wrote:Steen out tonight and Jokinen to play LW with Backes-Oshie.

Here's the chance some were looking for to see if Jokinen actually has anything left in the tank!

I suspect that if this were a playoff game that Steen would be playing but I think it's a good idea to sit him a game. It sounds like he tweaked his knee so with the next game not until Thurs, might as well rest him.
Thanks for the info. I'm interested to see how Jokinen plays with Backes and Oshie. I expect a physical game tonight against the Canucks.

insideout wrote:I remain disappointed that Ty Rattie hasn't played his way into the mix.
He has certainly had his moments of disappointment and production with the Wolves this year, but he is clearly still a work in progress. I liked the chemistry he had with Jaskin during his cup of coffee earlier this year, which was actually a carryover from their play together with the Wolves. Hopefully the coaching staff gives him some things to work on this summer and he comes to camp with another 10 pounds of muscle and an attitude where he is going to force the coaching staff to keep him around.

MissouriMook wrote:
insideout wrote:I remain disappointed that Ty Rattie hasn't played his way into the mix.
He has certainly had his moments of disappointment and production with the Wolves this year, but he is clearly still a work in progress. I liked the chemistry he had with Jaskin during his cup of coffee earlier this year, which was actually a carryover from their play together with the Wolves. Hopefully the coaching staff gives him some things to work on this summer and he comes to camp with another 10 pounds of muscle and an attitude where he is going to force the coaching staff to keep him around.
Exactly! He needs to add 15 pounds of pure muscle (maybe 10 of it this summer, and five more in 2016. I know he's got a small frame, but, he needs to become a fireplug, like Schwartz, so he can fight for the puck in the corners, and fight for position and keep operating room for himself. Otherwise, he'll never be dominating in The AHL, and will never be an effective player in The NHL.

Robb_K wrote:
MissouriMook wrote:
Exactly! He needs to add 15 pounds of pure muscle (maybe 10 of it this summer, and five more in 2016. I know he's got a small frame, but, he needs to become a fireplug, like Schwartz, so he can fight for the puck in the corners, and fight for position and keep operating room for himself. Otherwise, he'll never be dominating in The AHL, and will never be an effective player in The NHL.
He may also be competing with Fabbri and Barbashev for a roster spot.

insideout wrote:
Robb_K wrote:
MissouriMook wrote:
He may also be competing with Fabbri and Barbashev for a roster spot.
He won't be able to beat out Fabbri. So, if there aren't 2 positions opened, he'll likely be traded, as he'll be waiver eligible next season. For The Blues' sake, he'll need to move his game to a higher level quickly.