Re: GDT: Blues at Flyers - 6:00 3/4

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:27 am
BillP. wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:11 am If Nashville plays .500 hockey rest of way, Blues need 26 points in 21 games. If Nashville plays under .500 hockey, then all the better.
This is why I won't be mad if Army doesn't come off his high demand for Buch. We do not HAVE to trade him.
I want his demand to remain high because I very much think it will be met. Having said that, if at 1:59 Friday afternoon Army has an offer that is say 90% of his ask I really hope he takes it. We've seen the year before UFA status play out before, and it never seems to work out well. Either he extends to a deal that will be regrettable for the team at some point in the not too distant future, he gets flipped at the next deadline for roughly half of the current asking price, or he plays his deal out here and walks for nothing. I do not believe the Blues can realistically hope to contend next year, so I'm of the mind you make the best trade you can this year as long as it's not a total pennies on the dollar situation.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:21 am
BillP. wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:11 am If Nashville plays .500 hockey rest of way, Blues need 26 points in 21 games. If Nashville plays under .500 hockey, then all the better.
This is why I won't be mad if Army doesn't come off his high demand for Buch. We do not HAVE to trade him.
I want his demand to remain high because I very much think it will be met. Having said that, if at 1:59 Friday afternoon Army has an offer that is say 90% of his ask I really hope he takes it. We've seen the year before UFA status play out before, and it never seems to work out well. Either he extends to a deal that will be regrettable for the team at some point in the not too distant future, he gets flipped at the next deadline for roughly half of the current asking price, or he plays his deal out here and walks for nothing. I do not believe the Blues can realistically hope to contend next year, so I'm of the mind you make the best trade you can this year as long as it's not a total pennies on the dollar situation.
I think the hope would be if it's not met at the deadline, it's met in the offseason when teams have more cap space available. Dragging it out to the next deadline though would be bad for business and I hope Army learned his lesson with that.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:15 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:21 am

I think the hope would be if it's not met at the deadline, it's met in the offseason when teams have more cap space available. Dragging it out to the next deadline though would be bad for business and I hope Army learned his lesson with that.
The return you get for 2 playoff runs is greater than the return you get for 1. If they wait until the offseason you're going to get less of a return even if there are more bidders since there's less value. I just don't think it makes sense to hold onto him unless you're A. hoping to re-sign him or B. think the team will be a contender next year.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:42 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:55 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:37 am Fucking Kyrou... two shots on goal with 23mins of ice time.. What a fucking worthless piece of shit.
Tough to get shots when the puck is in your own zone most of the game
SHouldnt he use his speed and get the puck?
He doesn't have to use his speed to get the puck. That's someone else's job.

Or so he thinks.