Re: GDT: Blues at Edmonton - 2/28 7:30 - TV: TNT

CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:25 am I dont think you can call losing a 3-2 in overtime where the best player in the NHL does what he does and scores a goal from an impossible angle in the dying seconds of the game shitting the bed. People need to be more realistic about shit.

Maybe JR needs to realize McDavid is just the best player in the world, it's kind of what he does. But it helps him push the Kyrou/Thomas narrative instead of focusing on how awful most of the other 10 fowards are.

Maybe just because he's liked but I do not know why Brayden Schenn constantly gets ignored. I get that Thomas and Kyrou have the big contracts, but Schenn is costing 6.5 million a year himself and still has 4 years left on it. He's clearly in major decline.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:12 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:25 am I dont think you can call losing a 3-2 in overtime where the best player in the NHL does what he does and scores a goal from an impossible angle in the dying seconds of the game shitting the bed. People need to be more realistic about shit.

Maybe JR needs to realize McDavid is just the best player in the world, it's kind of what he does. But it helps him push the Kyrou/Thomas narrative instead of focusing on how awful most of the other 10 fowards are.

Maybe just because he's liked but I do not know why Brayden Schenn constantly gets ignored. I get that Thomas and Kyrou have the big contracts, but Schenn is costing 6.5 million a year himself and still has 4 years left on it. He's clearly in major decline.
I think the Schenn thing is the real elephant in the room and people just aren't talking about it because they know we're stuck with it and just put up with it.

I think the problem with Kyrou is that his contract is just too high. If he was making six million we wouldn't hear as much griping. But he's making 8 plus and that's not worth it.

BluesSK wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:31 am

I think the Schenn thing is the real elephant in the room and people just aren't talking about it because they know we're stuck with it and just put up with it.

I think the problem with Kyrou is that his contract is just too high. If he was making six million we wouldn't hear as much griping. But he's making 8 plus and that's not worth it.
You're right about this, but honest to God, I'm so tired of seeing him not give a full effort. As for the OT winner, I assume the Blues players were gassed, but Thomas fucked it harder than Kyrou on that play IMO.

Speaking of which, I'm really not trying to dredge it up again, and my faceless internet opinion of course means fuck nothing. All I watched from last night is the game recap, but I've watched/illegally streamed about half of the games this year in their entirety. I've been trying hard as hell to like the player since 2018. In Kyrou, I see a guy who's not skating as hard as he can to loose pucks at all, with poor defensive awareness (combed over a million times, but it simply hasn't improved), poor body language almost every time something on the ice doesn't go his way, and someone who plays to his full offensive capability almost exclusively when there's an opportunity for an odd man break. If you isolate Kyrou and watch him alone when he's on the ice, it's nauseating thinking he's locked in with this team for as long as he is. To me at least.

You couple that with his comments off the ice showing a lack of accountability, even after his boo-hoo earlier this year when he received criticism, and I don't think I've disliked a Blues forward this much in my life. I don't want to. I want him to put in the effort you'd expect a professional athlete making what he's making in today's NHL to put in. At 25, I think this is just who he is, and it isn't a cornerstone of a contender.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:03 am

You come out of the gate with a 2 goal lead, and you lose 3-2 in OT…. That doesn’t exactly smell like roses.
Is JR drunk? Or bi-polar?

"Kyrou made a great defensive play." "Kyrou made a lazy play".

Which one was it?
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

I think you're missing the point of the tweet. Every comment is a direct contradiction to the one before it. I don't really care about JR one way or the other, but he's not taking a position, he's pointing out the fanbase's lack of agreement on what happened.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Ozzies09tc wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:16 am

You come out of the gate with a 2 goal lead, and you lose 3-2 in OT…. That doesn’t exactly smell like roses.

Which one was it?
That's the point. Those are comments from Blues fans in his twitter mentions. He's highlighting the obvious contradiction.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:25 am

Which one was it?
That's the point. Those are comments from Blues fans in his twitter mentions. He's highlighting the obvious contradiction.
Then he made his point ineffectively for a professional writer but so be it. I took My Mentions as his thoughts and not him rehashing his comment section but can see how it could mean either or.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Kyrou is what he is but I'm not going to bitch about him unless he just completely goes AWOL. 19 goals and 47 points in 59 games isn't bad for a season in the shitter. The guys got a high ceiling and there might be a year where everyone all of a sudden just loves the guy. We need speed and skill, and he's got that. Can't wait till the kids get up here and we have more talent in that top 9. That can only mean good things will happen.

It isnt great.. .a far cry from shitting the bed. The loss to Winnipeg was worse in terms of effort against a lesser team.

CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:08 pm

It isnt great.. .a far cry from shitting the bed. The loss to Winnipeg was worse in terms of effort against a lesser team.
How many games have they lost recently? I think it’s like 6 out of 8.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:34 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:25 am

Which one was it?
Then he made his point ineffectively for a professional writer but so be it. I took My Mentions as his thoughts and not him rehashing his comment section but can see how it could mean either or.
DeFranks is the best beat writer in the last 20 years and it's not close. Hope he sticks around for a long time.