Re: GDT: Blues vs Jets - 7:00 2/27

Not a great 1st Period or start of The 2nd for The Blues, but I'm encouraged from Faulk and, especially Perunovich's return. Perunovich has looked like he's got no i'll effects from his injury. So, maybe now he can continue the progress he was making before he got hurt. He's looked decent so far this game.

BluesSK wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:53 pm I'm glad they imploded now rather than later.

That's the best I can say about this. Some of these players just mail it in if they don't feel like showing up.
That's the story of this season. They can only win when the whole team is playing hard a whole game, and they get a great goaltending performance in that game, too. They need to get younger, faster, bigger, and more skilled. Just like an expansion team. It feels just like the rebuilds after the low-points of 1977-78, and 2005-06.

BlueinNy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:18 pm Fire sale up coming
Yes. Trading off any of the players that'll be on their downsides in 3 years, when The Blues might be ready to contend seriously, again. Adding Snuggeruud , Bolduc, and possibly Dean, and maybe even Dvorsky, next season, should help. But, they'll need Perunovich to improve greatly, and get some help on the back line. It will be interesting to see what Armstrong does at The deadline, and during The Offseason.

Robb_K wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:15 pm
Yes. Trading off any of the players that'll be on their downsides in 3 years, when The Blues might be ready to contend seriously, again. Adding Snuggeruud , Bolduc, and possibly Dean, and maybe even Dvorsky, next season, should help. But, they'll need Perunovich to improve greatly, and get some help on the back line. It will be interesting to see what Armstrong does at The deadline, and during The Offseason.
I bet you could get that piece by trading Kyrou.

CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:54 pm
Robb_K wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:15 pm
I bet you could get that piece by trading Kyrou.
I'd be okay with doing that.

Ozzies09tc wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:32 pm
BillP wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:58 pm Blues are winning tonight. FYI
Did you knock on wood?
Actually Blues played well, they deserved at least a point tonight. Couple mistakes cost them. That line change with Connor was bad luck. Bolduc with a great shot off the cross bar. Kid is looking like a true goal scorer.

Ozzies09tc wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:03 pm
BluesSK wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:46 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:39 pm Maaaaaaybe hofer isnt as good as we thought?
I think it's a team effort tonight.
Could be and I hate to jump the gun, but that 3rd goal was all him....
Maybe, but Connor is a sniper. Quick release. So fluid. If that was anyone else on their team I bet there wouldn’t have been a goal there.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:13 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:39 pm Maaaaaaybe hofer isnt as good as we thought?
He has an average at best team in front of him. He’s at worst a capable back up. I think it highlights more how good Binner is and how much he bails this team out.

The 3rd goal tonight though was soft. But that’s a backup for you
I think the move goaltending is to keep status quo with this tandem next year. Binner has bounced back to form, and Hofer has performed as well as you'd hope a kid would in his first NHL season. Devoting just under $7M to goaltending is pretty good cap management, and the performance overall has been solid.

Early in the year I was on board with the idea of trading Binnington while he was hot, but that was also during a pessimistic tear it down and start over period. Hofer has one more year left on his entry level deal. I think you take that year of cheap labor and figure out what the picture looks like at that point.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!