Re: GDT: Blues at Vegas - 9:00 12/4

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:25 pm
BluesSK wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:54 pm Damn. Toropchenko is on pace for 17 goals.

The Russian he replaced is on pace for three.
He was instrumental in winning the cup so they won't regret the trade but he's got the fewest ice time of all their forwards. They may regret the contract.
Who? Barbashev? Zach Dean is the Barbashev replacement. I still think we might be the losers in that deal. I would love to have re-signed him or never traded him in the first place.

I was talking about Toropchenko replacing Kostin.

BluesSK wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:37 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:25 pm
BluesSK wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:54 pm Damn. Toropchenko is on pace for 17 goals.

The Russian he replaced is on pace for three.
He was instrumental in winning the cup so they won't regret the trade but he's got the fewest ice time of all their forwards. They may regret the contract.
Who? Barbashev? Zach Dean is the Barbashev replacement. I still think we might be the losers in that deal. I would love to have re-signed him or never traded him in the first place.

I was talking about Toropchenko replacing Kostin.
TOO MANY RUSSIANS
Just a Russian propaganda account

T.C. wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:29 am watching that recap, it's a real good news/bad news situation. the good news - binner was in the zone. the bad news - we needed him to be, badly. way too many chances for VGK. but hey i'll take the W.
Given the makeup of the West this year, I'll take it. The Blues can't realistically compete with the top teams long term, but there's such little depth in the conference that I'll take the stolen points to help get them into the playoffs. There are enough bad teams and there's no generational prospects in this years draft (as far as I know) that I think the playoff experience will be better for the team. Even if they get their doors blown off, I think it'll be an eye opener for the kids.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

T.C. wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:29 am watching that recap, it's a real good news/bad news situation. the good news - binner was in the zone. the bad news - we needed him to be, badly. way too many chances for VGK. but hey i'll take the W.
I agree, but I'll happily take points in Vegas. Most teams aren't going to go into there and outplay Vegas, let alone get any points off of them. Huge W for the boys.
Just a Russian propaganda account