Sammy Blais - Nikita Alexandrov - Oskar Sundqvist

Defensemen

Nick Leddy - Colton Parayko
Torey Krug - Justin Faulk
Marco Scandella - Scott Perunovich

Goalie

Joel Hofer

Re: GDT Blues vs Preds @ 2:00pm

BluesSK wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:38 pm Fire away.

PROJECTED LINEUP
Forwards

Pavel Buchnevich - Robert Thomas - Jordan Kyrou
Brandon Saad - Brayden Schenn - Jake Neighbours
Alexey Toropchenko - Kevin Hayes - Kasperi Kapanen

Defensemen

Goalie

Joel Hofer
Technically the goalie is binner as they swapped him early 2nd? I think?

Now 7-2

Wow.
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

Ozzies09tc wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:39 pm

PROJECTED LINEUP
Forwards

Defensemen

Goalie

Joel Hofer

Now 7-2

Wow.
Yes. This was the starting lineup.

These day after Thanksgiving games are a joke. The home team is at a definite disadvantage.

Check the League scoreboard. 😄

BluesSK wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:42 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:39 pm

PROJECTED LINEUP
Forwards

Defensemen

Goalie

Joel Hofer

Now 7-2

Wow.

These day after Thanksgiving games are a joke. The home team is at a definite disadvantage.

Holy shit. Only 1 home team won and in OT the rest all got/are being slaughtered.

Wonder if it is bc being day after tday :o
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

Ozzies09tc wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:45 pm
BluesSK wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:42 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:39 pmTechnically the goalie is binner as they swapped him early 2nd? I think?

Now 7-2

Wow.

Holy shit. Only 1 home team won and in OT the rest all got/are being slaughtered.

Wonder if it is bc being day after tday :o
It's a clause in the current CBA. Under the "Giving Back for All Blessings" secret addendum, which also includes: "Though shalt not win consecutive Stanley Cups, unless you are a team from the Sun Belt where critics tell us we suck at developing markets."

Not a fun game to watch. It's actually an advantage for the away team to play a day game right after a major holiday with your own family. Let's hope things get better soon.

I just found out I share a Birthday with Ryan O'Reilly's wife. At least SHE enjoyed this game.

On to the next, we hope will be much better.

Robb_K wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:50 pm Not a fun game to watch. It's actually an advantage for the away team to play a day game right after a major holiday with your own family. Let's hope things get better soon.

I just found out I share a Birthday with Ryan O'Reilly's wife. At least SHE enjoyed this game.

So is it your birthday Robb?

Not a very good birthday present if it is.

Didn't get the chance to watch and was SHOCKED by the score. EIGHT??

This team really doesn't have a B,C game in them. They are either really on it playing their A game or just laying D and F game stinkers. Just absolutely no middle game, no in between. What a roller coaster.

At least Jake Neighbours seems to be coming into his own and is earning the trust of the coaching staff.
Just a Russian propaganda account

BluesSK wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:55 pm
Robb_K wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:50 pm Not a fun game to watch. It's actually an advantage for the away team to play a day game right after a major holiday with your own family. Let's hope things get better soon.

Yes. My 77th. I had a great birthday with several of my family members. So, I can't complain. A Blues' well-played victory would have capped it off. But I have no illusions that The Blues are good enough this season to win more than 1 playoff series (and they'd have to have a lot go right to even do that). But if I knew they'd play this badly today, I wouldn't have been rude enough to take part of my attention from what the others were doing to grab looks at it on my laptop. They accommodated me because it's supposed to be my day. I'd just like to see the young Blues' players progress in an atmosphere of winning slightly more than losing, being as it won't be possible in any case, to get a high enough pick to get a sure-thing difference maker.

Robb_K wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:53 pm
BluesSK wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:55 pm

Yes. My 77th. I had a great birthday with several of my family members. So, I can't complain. A Blues' well-played victory would have capped it off. But I have no illusions that The Blues are good enough this season to win more than 1 playoff series (and they'd have to have a lot go right to even do that). But if I knew they'd play this badly today, I wouldn't have been rude enough to take part of my attention from what the others were doing to grab looks at it on my laptop. They accommodated me because it's supposed to be my day. I'd just like to see the young Blues' players progress in an atmosphere of winning slightly more than losing, being as it won't be possible in any case, to get a high enough pick to get a sure-thing difference maker.
Well, Happy 77th Robb! Hope you had a good day with the family.

Robb_K wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:57 pm
BluesSK wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:11 pm Weird stat of the game:

Scandella was inexplicably a +2 today..
Being active on offence, with that nifty no-look pass off his drive to the net, helped him get positive. Maybe such play can help The Blues get a draft choice for him at the trade deadline?
He's been much better since the hip surgery and it's definitely a moveable contract now.