Re: GDT: St Louis Blues vs Coyotes - 7:00 10/19 - TV:BSMW/ESPN+

CaptSMRT wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:50 am Where are all of the Hoffer is going to challenge Binnington for the starting slot folks at???
The Blues and Binner were red hot the first 3 games of last year and then the rest of the season happened. Careful doing victory laps this early.

With that said, both of em could have been in goal and the Blues still lose last night.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:36 am I'll just say the pairing of Krug and Faulk may be the worst in hockey. GIVE PERUN A CHANCE.

Also, Kapanen looks like a player the Blues got for free from another team as a castoff.
I'd like to see Perunovich get in but who would they sit? From what I have heard it sounds like Faulk has actually played pretty well. Krug is a third pair power play guy and I'm not sure why they are pushing him up the depth chart.

As for Kapanen; I think the Saad-Schenn-Kapanen line should be matching up against other teams top lines in order to have better matchups for our other two top lines. If they aren't going to do this then some real changes need to be made.

BluesSK wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:51 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:36 am I'll just say the pairing of Krug and Faulk may be the worst in hockey. GIVE PERUN A CHANCE.

Also, Kapanen looks like a player the Blues got for free from another team as a castoff.
I'd like to see Perunovich get in but who would they sit? From what I have heard it sounds like Faulk has actually played pretty well. Krug is a third pair power play guy and I'm not sure why they are pushing him up the depth chart.

As for Kapanen; I think the Saad-Schenn-Kapanen line should be matching up against other teams top lines in order to have better matchups for our other two top lines. If they aren't going to do this then some real changes need to be made.
What power play?

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:57 am
BluesSK wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:51 am

What power play?
Man up by two minutes skate around play.

BillP. wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:18 pm I didn't see the game. So they were that bad? :lol:

Unless there's a miracle deal somewhere I think it's time to tear it down and go to the kids.
Get as many draft picks as you can and lets get the ball rolling to a new era.
Technically you did see the game if you watched any games last year. A lot of the same. Low effort, terrible PK, no PP, goalie hung out to dry. That about sums it up.

BillP. wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:18 pm I didn't see the game. So they were that bad? :lol:

Unless there's a miracle deal somewhere I think it's time to tear it down and go to the kids.
Get as many draft picks as you can and lets get the ball rolling to a new era.
Technically we did though.

Saad (30) and schenn (32) are our oldest forwards. We gave the kids the reins.

Army locked up all our defensemen with NTC's and what seems like 30 year contracts so this is our team until 2030
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:50 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:46 pm We need an assistant GM.

Army can wheel and deal and take advantage of the other GM's in trades as he always does, and the assistant will handle the contracts/signings/extensions/NTC/NMC's
They technically have one in Ryan Miller. No idea what specific role he plays for Army though.
https://www.nhl.com/blues/news/miller-n ... -319797012

Dude is only 36 but has been dealing with the contracts for 10 years now :O

So this rat-bastard is the culprit of our defensive crutch and I've been hating army for it this whole time....sigh
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

Ozzies09tc wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:42 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:46 pm We need an assistant GM.

Army can wheel and deal and take advantage of the other GM's in trades as he always does, and the assistant will handle the contracts/signings/extensions/NTC/NMC's
They technically have one in Ryan Miller. No idea what specific role he plays for Army though.

So this rat-bastard is the culprit of our defensive crutch and I've been hating army for it this whole time....sigh
Probably means he's the cap compliance guy, not the Army this is a dumb deal guy.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:38 pm

Probably means he's the cap compliance guy, not the Army this is a dumb deal guy.
The Blues should probably move on from guys named Ryan Miller at this point. Fool me once...

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:49 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:38 pm

The Blues should probably move on from guys named Ryan Miller at this point. Fool me once...
Yeah, he won’t save the team - no pun intended

Ozzies09tc wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:46 pmWe need an assistant GM.

"... In August (2020), The Athletic named Miller to Hockey's 40 Under 40 List, a group that included prominent names in hockey such as Chicago Blackhawks Head Coach Jeremy Colliton, Toronto Maple Leafs General Manager Kyle Dubas and Head Coach Sheldon Keefe and more. ..."

Colliton ... Fired a year later
Dubas ... Fired 3 years later
Keefe ... Current Maple Leafs head coach, who will be fired after TOR fail to make it out of Round 1 again.

The Athletic sure knows how to pick 'em.