Re: Preseason GDT: Blues v Dallas 7:00 10/5

So anyone listening to the radio feed would have heard an interesting nugget of information tonight. The Senators sold for $950 million and the NHL is seeing dollar signs. They are apparently open to expansion if all the circumstances are right and the word is that the expansion fee will start at a billion.

I think if this is the case we are inevitably going to see relocation of unprofitable or smaller market franchises and expansion to Europe.

I listened to most of the game — it sounded like we had a very solid game, but not dominant. Not sure how to think about that given that it was basically our healthy opening night lineup versus more of a preseason Stars squad. Either way, I’m super excited for the regular season to start! Sounds like there’s already a little bad blood brewing between these two teams, and Tucker was right in the middle of it most of the time.

Sneptsmoustache wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:11 am I listened to most of the game — it sounded like we had a very solid game, but not dominant. Not sure how to think about that given that it was basically our healthy opening night lineup versus more of a preseason Stars squad. Either way, I’m super excited for the regular season to start! Sounds like there’s already a little bad blood brewing between these two teams, and Tucker was right in the middle of it most of the time.
It was the Blues top lineup versus a Dallas lineup without Robertson, Johnston, Rintz, Seguin, Heiskanan, Hakanpaa but a shutout is a shutout and sure as heck beats the alternative versus a teams B team. So overall, I'm happy.

One takeaway was the Blues continued to get absolutely dominated in the faceoff circle. Schenn and Sunny combined to win ONE faceoff of the 16 they took. When we think about how important it is to turn around the PP and PK, winning offensive/defensive zone faceoffs becomes crucial. We don't have that ROR to take important late game draws anymore.
Just a Russian propaganda account