Preseason GDT: Blues v Blue Jackets - 6:00 10/2

Blues rolling out a pretty full lineup tonight.

F: Alexandrov, Blais, Bolduc, Dean, Hayes, Kapanen, MacEachern, Neighbours, Sundqvist, Toropchenko, Vrana, Walker

D: Bortuzzo, Faulk, Krug, Perunovich, Scandella, Tucker

G: Hofer, Subban

They're going to have to make some decisions on the blue line with Krug back. You have those 6 plus Parayko, Rosen, Tucker who are all NHL caliber guys. Can they roll with 9 d-men on the roster? Can they send one day and not care if they get claimed?
Just a Russian propaganda account

Re: Preseason GDT: Blues v Blue Jackets - 6:00 10/2

I wonder if Tucker should be getting nervous. If they want to keep Perunovich up there and everyone else is healthy there's 8 roster locks (not counting Rosen). I've seen exactly 60 seconds of preseason hockey this fall and 5 of them were watching a guy blow by Tucker for a glorious scoring chance.

Yes I am aware of the concept of sample sizes, why do you ask?
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:44 am Blues rolling out a pretty full lineup tonight.

F: Alexandrov, Blais, Bolduc, Dean, Hayes, Kapanen, MacEachern, Neighbours, Sundqvist, Toropchenko, Vrana, Walker

D: Bortuzzo, Faulk, Krug, Perunovich, Scandella, Tucker

G: Hofer, Subban

They're going to have to make some decisions on the blue line with Krug back. You have those 6 plus Parayko, Rosen, Tucker who are all NHL caliber guys. Can they roll with 9 d-men on the roster? Can they send one day and not care if they get claimed?
You had Tucker twice and left out Leddy but I'm thinking the end of the Robert Bortuzzo era is near. I dont think they will keep 8 dmen on the roster. Rosen might be the odd man out there.

Love Bortz but his time is up. Scotty seems to have a job so it's Tucker and Rosen for the last spot unless they move a vet. I would hate to give up on Tucker and risk losing him to waivers. There is a role for him here and he knows it and plays it well. I feel like there is a moving coming by next weekend.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:47 am Love Bortz but his time is up. Scotty seems to have a job so it's Tucker and Rosen for the last spot unless they move a vet. I would hate to give up on Tucker and risk losing him to waivers. There is a role for him here and he knows it and plays it well. I feel like there is a moving coming by next weekend.
I tend to agree with this. I don't love it because he does bring some level of toughness to the D that it lacks but he just doesn't bring anything else. All others have better upside.

Tucker 100% gets claimed on waivers. He's still only 23, hope they don't move on from him to keep one of these old vets around.

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:40 pm It's so funny that there's a legitimate roster logjam on our nightmare of a blueline.
There definitely is and you know there are gonna be a ton of injuries coming too. I think it was that game against Columbus but somebody tried to smoke Perunovich in the corner. He avoided the hit and that other dude went flying head first into the boards and hit one of his own guys. Scotty is gonna have to be on the lookout for that type of shit all year.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Ozzies09tc wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:54 am
BluesSK wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:58 pm Vrana with two goals tonight. Him and Hayes seem to click pretty well.

He could be a legit 40 goal scorer.
The moment we signed him, i said, we just got a 30 goal scorer.

Watched him in washington for two years....we got a GREAT player.
Talent has never been his issue. If he's gotten life figured out then he is going to be a great one for us until the trade deadline.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:14 pm
BluesSK wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:58 pm Vrana with two goals tonight. Him and Hayes seem to click pretty well.

He could be a legit 40 goal scorer.

Talent has never been his issue. If he's gotten life figured out then he is going to be a great one for us until the trade deadline.
That's a fair assessment. Idk him personally, but I'm hoping a change of scenery gave him a new breath of fresh air!
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

Ozzies09tc wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:23 pm

That's a fair assessment. Idk him personally, but I'm hoping a change of scenery gave him a new breath of fresh air!
Just for clarity purposes, I was referring to him stepping away from the game for substance abuse treatment while with the Red Wings. I certainly am not on personal terms with him either.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:53 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:23 pm

Just for clarity purposes, I was referring to him stepping away from the game for substance abuse treatment while with the Red Wings. I certainly am not on personal terms with him either.
Oh indeed!

Going from playin w ovi to detroit.... I'd prob abuse substances too
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!