NHL Draft GDT

Started a new thread since the draft is tonight

So lets break it down boys, so we know that the top 5 is pretty clear cut. Michkov is the wildcard but I do believe he's going in the top 5. So lets just say Bedard, Michkov, Smith, Fantilli and Carlsson. That is how I rank them...will it play out like that, probably not. Lets get one thing out of the way real quick..excluding Bedard if I could have my choice of any player to select for the Blues tonight, it would be Will Smith. Its not even a question for me. Behind Bedard, he is the #1 guy on my list. We aren't getting him so we can begin to move on from that. Lets take a look at 5 through 9.
Benson, Leonard,Barlow, Yager. I do think Yager is the one guy that might slide tonight...I was very high on him a year a go but not so much anymore. He's a guy that I hope we avoid at 10 if he's there. I don't hate him, I just don't love him. Unless someone goes off the board and selects a dman, I don't think we are getting of the guys i've listed above. I would love for Benson to be there at 10...that would be amazing. I've went back and forth on Benson and Danielson for the last few months. I love Benson's game and as of this posting if both he and Danielson were there, I honestly don't know which way I would lean. With that said, I don't expect Benson to be there for us at #10 so Danielson continues to be my guy at pick #10, probably something you've all known from me for a little while.
Here are my picks for guys that I would love to see the Blues end up with
With our three first round picks.

#10 Nate Danielson - C- Brandon WHL You guys have read all the reports by now. I've watched countless hours of his games, I'm convinved there is more coming for him and what you have right now with him is very good, very high level of skill as well as processing the game. He's underrated in this draft for sure. He's one of the older prospects for this draft, he will turn 19 before the season starts and for some reason that always throws up a red flag for scouts when it shouldn't. the other knock is that he doesn't have one stand out skill...does every good to very good but lacks the flash of the higher end prospects. My reply to that is look no further than the team he played on. He was heavily relied on to be the guy and he owned that. If he got to play with the talent Fantili and Smith did, he's likely a top 5 pick. He's going to be a center from day one...there will be no need to break him in on the wing when he starts his NHL career...this guy is almost as perfect a center, that I have seen. I honestly can't believe there is a chance he could be there for us at #10 honestly. If he's there, its a no brainer for me and I would hope the Blues jump all over him.

#25 - Quentin Musty LW-Sudbury OHL- He's got some flaws in his game for sure but man, he's a player, and possibly a beast of a player in 4 years or so. Not sure he's going to be there at #25 but he's definitely going to be a top 6 winger in a couple of years.

#29 - Gavin Brindley - C/W Michigan My reach pick. If we keep all three picks, i'm good with a gamble and Brindley is a bit of a gamble because of his size but man, he was the straw that stirred the drink for Michigan. He is absolutely relentless when on the ice. I also love the fact that he was given a role in the WJC's and played it very well for team USA. Non stop motor, might have the highest compete level in the draft...it's near the top, I know that.

The next 7 are my list of wants for the Blues. Not having a 2nd round pick means we won't get a couple of them but there is always the chance for a trade.

Nick Lardis - LW- Hamilton OHL In a couple of years when they do the 2023 redraft artcile, Lardis might just slot somewhere between pick 15-20. Dynamic skater and a pure goal scorer. Talent wise, he should be a first rounder. Complete game needs some work for sure but there is a lot here to like. He almost beat out Brindley for #29 for me but the more I watched, I just came to the conclusion that Brindley is just ridiculous.

Danny Nelson -LW Team USA - Obviously I watched a lot of Team USA this year and Nelson has got serious power foward potential. More likely to be a middle 6 forward but if he continues to develop maybe he cracks the top 6. He's got a complete game and will play in the NHL for sure. He was overshadowed by the big three but if you watch some of their games, he definitely has a presence about him when on the ice.

Carey Terrance - C - Erie OHL - You will likely here this name more next year for sure and if we go back to the beginning of this season, he's probably a 6th rounder and now he might be a 2nd rounder for someone but more likely 3rd or 4th round. Great player, great skillset and is pure octane offense. He's got a great motor, work ethic and he's explosive and those qualities make him the exact type of player that I love.

Denver Barkey - C - London Knights - Again another small player but he makes things happen when on the ice. He's got all the qualities that I look for...can't help that he's 5"9 but then again so is Zach Benson.

Jayson Shaugabay - C/RW - Warroad High School - We pulled a gem from Warroad before, no reason we can't do it again. Shaugabay is extremely talented. I actually first watched him play like 2 years ago and he was as dominant a high school player that I've ever seen and that was at age 16.

Brady Cleveland - D - USNTDP - Big dman, stay at home and has some grit and can throw down when the need arises. He's a throwback of a dmen..a bit of a project but if you want big and tough in the crease, he's your guy and you can get him later in the draft.

Rodwin Dionicio - D - Windsor OHL He's an overager..passed over last year. New Jersey kid but had a pretty good WJC for Switzerland. He stood out every game I saw him play. His skating needs work but he does a lot of things well and he's got a bit of edge and nastiness to his game. I like this player a lot...good chance he gets passed over again but i'd burn a 7th rounder on him.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Re: NHL Draft GDT

Love it. Thanks as always for the insights Tim. This is the most I've looked forward to a draft in years. I feel like one of the teams in the top 9 is bound to go off the board or take a D, so hopefully we have a tough choice to make.

Unrelated, Denver Barkey and Brady Cleveland absolutely sound like EA Sports auto-genereated player names.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

THE BLUES ARE GETTING MICHKOV!!

@jprutherford
Army said the Blues had Michkov in today: "We did see him. He did come in and did some ... height, weight, things like that. Very nice young man. Didn't speak a lot of English, but very polite - nod yes, smile, move on. He's strong, solid, a good strong build." #stlblues
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:46 pm THE BLUES ARE GETTING MICHKOV!!

@jprutherford
Army said the Blues had Michkov in today: "We did see him. He did come in and did some ... height, weight, things like that. Very nice young man. Didn't speak a lot of English, but very polite - nod yes, smile, move on. He's strong, solid, a good strong build." #stlblues
Confirmed, E5

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:14 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:46 pm THE BLUES ARE GETTING MICHKOV!!

@jprutherford
Confirmed, E5
hahahah damn E5, I had completely forgotten about that man and his ratings until you just unlocked that memory.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Oates2Hullie450 wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:03 pm Full cord cutter, any decent stream sites? Its on regular old ESPN but I don't know what apps I have left for free trial bullshit.
yeah, wish they would have fixed the broadcast bullshit before this. but i still blame them, seems like this would be a great thing to stream for free to anyone who wants to watch. have to believe no casual fan is going to watch a draft. but what do i know, i'm just a hockey fan who runs a team-dedicated website who hasn't been able to regularly watch games in 2.5 seasons.

Official Dave's a Mess top 10 mock draft:

1. CHI-Bedard
2. ANA-Fantilli
3. CBJ- Smith
4. SJ- Carlsson
5. TRADE PHI- Michkov
6. AZ- Reinbacher
7. TRADE MTL- Dvorsky
8. WSH- Leonard
9. DET- Wood
10. STL- Benson

Just try to act surprised when it happens, ok guys?

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:09 pm Official Dave's a Mess top 10 mock draft:

1. CHI-Bedard
2. ANA-Fantilli
3. CBJ- Smith
4. SJ- Carlsson
5. TRADE PHI- Michkov
6. AZ- Reinbacher
7. TRADE MTL- Dvorsky
8. WSH- Leonard
9. DET- Wood
10. STL- Benson

Clayton Endicott III and the governor approve of this pick.

T.C. wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:12 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:09 pm Official Dave's a Mess top 10 mock draft:

1. CHI-Bedard
2. ANA-Fantilli
3. CBJ- Smith
4. SJ- Carlsson
5. TRADE PHI- Michkov
6. AZ- Reinbacher
7. TRADE MTL- Dvorsky
8. WSH- Leonard
9. DET- Wood
10. STL- Benson

Clayton Endicott III and the governor approve of this pick.
Deeeeeeeeep cut

Oates2Hullie450 wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:03 pm Full cord cutter, any decent stream sites? Its on regular old ESPN but I don't know what apps I have left for free trial bullshit.
I'm willing to bet nhl66(dot)ir will be streaming it
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!