Re: Blues 2023-2024 season thread

RAFritchey wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:06 pm IMHO, it's unlikely that the Blues make any trades heading into the deadline, but who might we be adding or bringing up for the playoffs? I'm guessing/hoping Faulk and Perunovich will both be back and fully healthy. Could we bring Snuggerud up for the playoff run once the college season is over? Anyone else?
Sign Phil Kessel for some playoff depth. We give up nothing.

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:33 pm

Looking to the future, Kessel seems this might be his last stint in the minors. Looks like a safe bottom pair guy at the very least. He seems very steady and a bit less limited than Tucker, who I also assume is part of the future on the backend.
This just after they told him to find a place to stay in St. Louis.

BluesSK wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:29 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:33 pm

Looking to the future, Kessel seems this might be his last stint in the minors. Looks like a safe bottom pair guy at the very least. He seems very steady and a bit less limited than Tucker, who I also assume is part of the future on the backend.
This just after they told him to find a place to stay in St. Louis.
Kessel can pass through waivers... they needed a spot for Faulk to play in before he gets traded.

Matangama wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:24 pm Yeah, one or more of the left-handed defensemen are getting moved in the next 10 days, so he won’t be gone long. They had Scandella with Perunovich today at practice, so if Scandella gets moved, Perunovich slides back to the left side and Kessel is back.
Which sucks bc kessel made krug better
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

Ozzies09tc wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:30 pm
Matangama wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:24 pm Yeah, one or more of the left-handed defensemen are getting moved in the next 10 days, so he won’t be gone long. They had Scandella with Perunovich today at practice, so if Scandella gets moved, Perunovich slides back to the left side and Kessel is back.
Which sucks bc kessel made krug better
Yeah. They need him back ASAP

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:
JMC-STL wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:56 pm C'mon, boys, you're 4 days & 15 pages behind the judge, jury & trade executioner @ HFBoards on this hot topic ... Dreger: Buchnevich is likely to be traded
I don't think there's any question he gets traded if Army's asking price is met. Minimum two first.
If Buchy gets hot, say he scores 7 or 8 goals here in the next 6 games, maybe the Blues do get the 2 first rounders plus a decent prospect.

BillP. wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:09 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:
JMC-STL wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:56 pm C'mon, boys, you're 4 days & 15 pages behind the judge, jury & trade executioner @ HFBoards on this hot topic ... Dreger: Buchnevich is likely to be traded
I don't think there's any question he gets traded if Army's asking price is met. Minimum two first.
If Buchy gets hot, say he scores 7 or 8 goals here in the next 6 games, maybe the Blues do get the 2 first rounders plus a decent prospect.
He has 6 points in his last 5 games (5G 1 A), and 13 points in his last 12 (9G 4A). If we retain some salary, too, (or take a contract back to balance out the financial end) I think we could quite likely get two 1st round picks and maybe a prospect as well. I'd sincerely HATE to see him go, but for that kind of return, we'd almost have to make that deal.

Now if we could also deal a defenseman to a cup-contender that would like some defensive depth for the playoffs (You can never have too much D-depth for a long playoff run! Scandella or Leddy, perhaps) and bring Kessel up for good, and maybe a lesser deal (Blais, Kapanen, Vrana for a mid- to late- round pick or something like that), it might actually be worth missing the playoffs. If we can do all that and still skate in as a wild-card, that's just icing on the cake!

Most of Armstrong's deals come in the off-season or well in advance of the trade deadline itself. We're getting kind of close.

We have games today, Saturday, Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday, but I don't know how much that will affect the timing of any potential trades.

IF we do end up dealing Buchnevich (or anyone else), I think it'll happen soon, perhaps by the weekend.

RAFritchey wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:47 pm Most of Armstrong's deals come in the off-season or well in advance of the trade deadline itself. We're getting kind of close.

We have games today, Saturday, Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday, but I don't know how much that will affect the timing of any potential trades.

IF we do end up dealing Buchnevich (or anyone else), I think it'll happen soon, perhaps by the weekend.
I agree…..and especially if we lose tonight in Edmonton. Armstrong knows this team can’t do much in the playoffs, even if Binny is a brick wall. So if the right deal is there, he won’t hesitate, in my opinion.

Calgary just traded Chris Tanev to Dallas, so it looks like they're in full 'sell-off' mode. They're a point ahead of us in the standings.

IMHO, if we lose tonight against Edmonton, we're maybe not ENTIRELY out of the playoff race, but pretty much so. We'd be 6 points behind a surging Nashville team, with only one game in hand.