Re: Blues trade for Kevin Hayes

Is Daniele Briere stupid? Yeah, we'll retain 50% salary, give me that 6th round pick baby. WTF. At some point down the line at a trade deadline, you're going to net more than a 6th round pick. That's just bad. Flyers are a fuckn mess and Army is like a vulture just swooping in taking advantage of the situation.

BillP. wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:27 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: AND Philly is retaining 50% of his contract so his cap hit for the remainder of his 3 years is just a tick over 3.5. What a great trade! Far better than the original deal, thank you Torey!

Right, Krug did us a solid.
Not so sure about that... he kept us from getting Sanheim for a very late first... As it turns out, Briere was willing to give Hayes away for a sack of used pucks....and we're still stuck with the runt.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:54 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: AND Philly is retaining 50% of his contract so his cap hit for the remainder of his 3 years is just a tick over 3.5. What a great trade! Far better than the original deal, thank you Torey!

Not so sure about that... he kept us from getting Sanheim for a very late first... As it turns out, Briere was willing to give Hayes away for a sack of used pucks....and we're still stuck with the runt.
You already have Parayko for a hundred years and you want Sanheim's contract too?

BluesSK wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:10 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:54 pm

You already have Parayko for a hundred years and you want Sanheim's contract too?
If we lost Krug in the process...abso-fuckin'-lutely.

Right now the Blues have $3.9M in cap space, and that's without having Toropchencko or a backup goalie signed. More moves are coming. They'll need another F after Toropchenko to bring them up to 13. I'd be surprised if one of the Veteran D isn't moved before the season starts. They still probably need another C as well unless you want to keep Schenn or Buchnevich in the middle. Personally I'd like to see both on the wing. Something like:
Schenn-Thomas-Kyrou
Buch-Hayes-Saad
Vrana-XXX-Kapanen

Neighbours and Blais aren't included in that group, so it's not perfect, but I'd rather have a true C with some legs left than Schenn or Buch.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:21 pm Right now the Blues have $3.9M in cap space, and that's without having Toropchencko or a backup goalie signed. More moves are coming. They'll need another F after Toropchenko to bring them up to 13. I'd be surprised if one of the Veteran D isn't moved before the season starts. They still probably need another C as well unless you want to keep Schenn or Buchnevich in the middle. Personally I'd like to see both on the wing. Something like:
Schenn-Thomas-Kyrou
Buch-Hayes-Saad
Vrana-XXX-Kapanen

Neighbours and Blais aren't included in that group, so it's not perfect, but I'd rather have a true C with some legs left than Schenn or Buch.
The Blues loved Buch as center late last season and I am assuming they plan to keep him there. Thomas, Buch, Hayes are your top 3 centers.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:47 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:21 pm Right now the Blues have $3.9M in cap space, and that's without having Toropchencko or a backup goalie signed. More moves are coming. They'll need another F after Toropchenko to bring them up to 13. I'd be surprised if one of the Veteran D isn't moved before the season starts. They still probably need another C as well unless you want to keep Schenn or Buchnevich in the middle. Personally I'd like to see both on the wing. Something like:
Schenn-Thomas-Kyrou
Buch-Hayes-Saad
Vrana-XXX-Kapanen

The Blues loved Buch as center late last season and I am assuming they plan to keep him there. Thomas, Buch, Hayes are your top 3 centers.
Hate that.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:45 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:17 pm Hayes has never played a full season, but last year he played 81 games... so there's that. Statistically speaking, he looks like a bottom 6/depth player
Yep. I'll happily take a 50 point guy playing bottom 6 role for that price tag.

He's a sub 50 point guy and thats if he plays a full season, which he hasn't.

We gave up nothing and Philly retained 50% so to me it's a low risk low reward move.

Just a ho-hum trade. I'm waiting for the "oh shit there's the magician!" trade in this offseason
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

Ozzies09tc wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:59 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:17 pm Hayes has never played a full season, but last year he played 81 games... so there's that. Statistically speaking, he looks like a bottom 6/depth player

We gave up nothing and Philly retained 50% so to me it's a low risk low reward move.

Just a ho-hum trade. I'm waiting for the "oh shit there's the magician!" trade in this offseason
I think it's a nice low risk move. Ideally he's a 3C, but he can work as a 2C. He played 71-79 games his first 5 seasons, all 69 in the COVID shortened season, then all but 1 in the 56 game season that followed. He missed a lot of time in 21-22, but only missed one game last year, and that was due to Torts making him a healthy scratch for Torts-y reasons. He's not a perfect player, but I don't see any durability red flags.

Ozzies09tc wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:59 pm

I get your point but he's played:
69(covid shortened)
55(shortened season)

That's an average of 65 games a year and two of the 5 years were shortened. He's really only had one injury season. Nothing wrong with that. For comparison, Schenn has averaged 68 over that same 5 year stretch and we don't worry much about him.
Last edited by Dread_Pirate_Westley on Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:54 pm
Schenn-Thomas-Kyrou
Buch-Hayes-Saad
Vrana-XXX-Kapanen

Hate that.
Why? I thought he looked natural there and played some of his best hockey. He's a very good 200 foot player. Just need someone to take faceoffs for him :lol:

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:14 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:54 pm

Hate that.
Why? I thought he looked natural there and played some of his best hockey. He's a very good 200 foot player. Just need someone to take faceoffs for him :lol:
It's all about the faceoffs.