Re: 2023 NHL Draft Thread

BluesSK wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:46 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:42 pm *Disclaimer: This is a wildass unrealistic question spurred by the return WPG got for Dubois.

Would you trade Thomas and #25 to Anaheim for #2? What about Thomas 25 and 29? What about Thomas and 10? What about all 3, but no Thomas?
Insert Kyrou for Thomas and I would listen to all offers.
Anaheim would be giving up a franchise center in this scenario, so I assume they'd want a big time center in return.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:55 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:42 pm *Disclaimer: This is a wildass unrealistic question spurred by the return WPG got for Dubois.

Would you trade Thomas and #25 to Anaheim for #2? What about Thomas 25 and 29? What about Thomas and 10? What about all 3, but no Thomas?
Anaheim would be giving up a franchise center in this scenario, so I assume they'd want a big time center in return.
Yeah. I get it. I think that's a pretty tough call. It seems Armstrong has no interest in a rebuild so would he really want Fantilli at #2?

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:55 pm

They have McTavish and Zegras. Center isn't a need, Fantilli is just the BPA who happens to be another center for them.
Just a Russian propaganda account

I would not trade Thomas but 'd trade all three picks for for top two pick...thats a no brainer and with that second pick, I take Will Smith....I don't even give myself time to question it.....Smith all the way. He's going to be a dynamic player in the league.
By the way Rick Zombo was on 590 yesteday, talking about Lindenwood hockey and of course the draft. He said that the three USA kids, Smith, Leonard, and Perreault are all better than Fantilli. Not sure i'd go that far but he was dead serious about it. Fantilli will get there quicker but if you can wait, the other three are better in the long run.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:47 pm

I would not trade Thomas but 'd trade all three picks for for top two pick...thats a no brainer and with that second pick, I take Will Smith....I don't even give myself time to question it.....Smith all the way. He's going to be a dynamic player in the league.
By the way Rick Zombo was on 590 yesteday, talking about Lindenwood hockey and of course the draft. He said that the three USA kids, Smith, Leonard, and Perreault are all better than Fantilli. Not sure i'd go that far but he was dead serious about it. Fantilli will get there quicker but if you can wait, the other three are better in the long run.
That's interesting.

The knock I've heard on Fantilli is that his hockey sense isn't at the same level as the other top guys. Obviously he's not devoid of all hockey sense and will likely be a stud, but that would concern me a bit if I were a Duck fan.

No wonder Kevin Weekes has the Blues taking Perreault with the 10th pick. You don't hear Perreault's name too much with the Blues. I like Weekes and value his opinion. Sounds like there's a decent chance he'll be there at 10 for the Blues. Seems like the Blues are going to get themselves a good player one way or another.

Should be interesting to see how Dougie maneuvers tomorrow night. We thought they would move one of the later first for a player but with Hayes here now the Blues only have something like 3 million in cap space, I believe. Going to be hard to take on a legit NHLer and it be for less than that. Unless they find someone to take one of their dmen and they waive their NTC I'm not sure how he pulls that off.

I'm hoping he adjust his focus and uses em to instead move up in the first round. There's certainly a scenario where Smith is on the board at 5 and it's no secret Montreal is open for business about trading back...just sayin. Either that or sit at 10 and then trade back into the teens with the other two picks, Pens at 14???

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:05 pm Should be interesting to see how Dougie maneuvers tomorrow night. We thought they would move one of the later first for a player but with Hayes here now the Blues only have something like 3 million in cap space, I believe. Going to be hard to take on a legit NHLer and it be for less than that. Unless they find someone to take one of their dmen and they waive their NTC I'm not sure how he pulls that off.

I'm hoping he adjust his focus and uses em to instead move up in the first round. There's certainly a scenario where Smith is on the board at 5 and it's no secret Montreal is open for business about trading back...just sayin. Either that or sit at 10 and then trade back into the teens with the other two picks, Pens at 14???
If only they could move one of Leddy, Krug or Scandella, then it would open things up.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:21 am Happy draft day!! It's been forever since the Blues picked this high and after so many years of not even having a first rounder, tonight is setting up to be an exciting night from start to finish. The most exciting day of the off-season.
Until July 1 when we sign Kane, Toews and Ekman-Larsson, right?

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:44 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:21 am Happy draft day!! It's been forever since the Blues picked this high and after so many years of not even having a first rounder, tonight is setting up to be an exciting night from start to finish. The most exciting day of the off-season.
Ha, I fully expect July 1st to be just another day for Blues fans.

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:44 am
Specially after the rumours swirling of the blackhawks signing Tarasenko....
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

Here's my list tonight

Dream first pick: Michkov, Smith, Leonard.

Favorite late first picks: Stramel, But, Simashev, Gauthier.

Blues mock: #10 Danielson #25: Bonk 29: Trade back with Detroit for picks 41 and 42.

I hope I don't eat these words but it's going to be very hard for the Blues to pick a guy at 10 that pisses me off.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:34 am Here's my list tonight

Blues mock: #10 Danielson #25: Bonk 29: Trade back with Detroit for picks 41 and 42.

I hope I don't eat these words but it's going to be very hard for the Blues to pick a guy at 10 that pisses me off.
Remember that when the pick is Simashev.

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:23 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:34 am Here's my list tonight

Remember that when the pick is Simashev.
I will never be mad about adding a comrade to the pipeline.

Pronman's last draft: He has Carlsson going #2 now. Fantilli 3.This is my exact hope and then Sharks decide to pull the trigger on Michkov leaving the chance the Blues can get up to 5 for Smith.

10. St. Louis Blues: Nate Danielson, C, Brandon (WHL)
There are people in the NHL who are convinced Danielson is going in the top 10, some suggesting he is the likeliest player to break up the building consensus top eight names. But they struggle to identify a team that would make that pick. Detroit and St. Louis are the teams that make the most sense. Danielson could be the 2C to Robert Thomas down the line. I’ve thought for a while they may go defense here, but now I think they may try to address defensemen with their other firsts. I’ve heard Honzek and Wood rumored here, but my hunch is they go center after taking so many wings in recent drafts (unless they feel Honzek can be an NHL center).

25. St. Louis Blues: Quentin Musty, LW, Sudbury (OHL)
Musty and the Blues have been a rumor for several months. Ideally, they would look defense here and could go after players like Molendyk, Theo Lindstein or Lukas Dragicevic. But I think if Musty is on the board they will pick him.

29. St. Louis Blues: Theo Lindstein, LHD, Brynas (SHL)
Lindstein’s stock rose during the second half of the season with strong SHL and international play. The Blues address an organizational need by picking the highly mobile and intelligent puck-mover.

https://theathletic.com/4644044/2023/06 ... man-final/

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:39 am
T.C. wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:24 am consider the source, but...
At this point, I hope he's not still on the board at 10 because I don't think I could cope with him being there and the Blues not drafting him. I don't even want the chance of that scenario playing out.
The absolute lowest I'd imagine he'd go is 8 to Washington.