Re: Blues 2022-2023 season thread

BluesSK wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:01 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 1:15 pm I have incredible respect for Scandella. He parlayed 11 good games playing with a pre-back injury Parayko into a $13.1 million contract. He only has one year left so he could probably be moved without too much pain. I'd like to move one of the higher priced guys instead though.
Well, kudos for him but he is easily one of the worst signings in Armstrong's history as a GM.

Unless Petro actually told Armstrong there was no way he would ever re-sign with the Blues that extra Scandella money could have allowed us to re-sign Petro.
Right place, right time, baby!
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:34 pm
BluesSK wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:01 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 1:15 pm I have incredible respect for Scandella. He parlayed 11 good games playing with a pre-back injury Parayko into a $13.1 million contract. He only has one year left so he could probably be moved without too much pain. I'd like to move one of the higher priced guys instead though.
Well, kudos for him but he is easily one of the worst signings in Armstrong's history as a GM.

Unless Petro actually told Armstrong there was no way he would ever re-sign with the Blues that extra Scandella money could have allowed us to re-sign Petro.
Right place, right time, baby!
Absolutely. I'm not holding anything against Scandella for what fell into his lap.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:30 am The Athletic proposes the Blues bring in a favorite of this forum:
He certainly fits into what Army said he was looking for. Players 26-29 with term on their contract. He's 26 with two years left on his deal. It really just boils down to are the Blues planning to compete next year or not. If not, then there's some damn good players that should be available at 25 to pick from.
Just a Russian propaganda account

"Krug" is 7th in US trending on Twitter right now. Pretty wild for a guy that might not even be in the trade (but probably is). Question is, is he saving the team from a bad deal or holding up a winner?

Sounds like the big pieces in this deal are Hayes (with some salary retained) and Sanheim for Krug and one of the late first round picks. Apparently Krug is using his no trade clause, so Ay is looking for a third team to land Krug and make the deal work.

I can't fault Krug for using his NTC. The deal looks good from a Blues perspective if Sanheim is included and Hayes has a big chunk of salary retained. We'll see what the details are if the deal actually goes through.

Putting all this speculation aside, does anyone think this deal would actually make the Blues a better team short term or long term?

It seems like a really big deal to get two average (?) players and get rid of Krug?

BluesSK wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:27 am Putting all this speculation aside, does anyone think this deal would actually make the Blues a better team short term or long term?

It seems like a really big deal to get two average (?) players and get rid of Krug?
I think it can if 2 things happen.
1. Flyers eat a bunch of Hayes' contract.
2. Perunovich is healthy most of the season.

Sanheim is a useful player for the Blues. Hayes can't play with Kyrou since they're both allergic to defense, but he can make plays.

BluesSK wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:27 am Putting all this speculation aside, does anyone think this deal would actually make the Blues a better team short term or long term?

This is a good point. I don’t like giving up a first just to unload Krug. He’s still a good hockey player and at some point he will regain trade value. And Hayes might just be a lug here. He’s 6 foot 5 and doesn’t hit anybody.

It's basically one trash contract for another teams trash contract. No clue how Kevin Hayes got a 7.1 million a year deal. The good news is, it's shorter term than Krug's is and Hayes feels more of a need of a 3rd line center. I'm all for acquiring a 6'5 center and a 6'3 defensemen. Physical or not, I like a big team!

With that said, Krug was given a NTC by Army and he has every right to invoke it. Can't be mad at him for it, I mean the thought of playing for Torts on a rebuilding team probably isn't appealing for most players. It certainly makes things a bit awkward though. Hopefully a third team can get involved or just another team all together and not the Flyers.
Just a Russian propaganda account

BillP wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:21 pm

This is a good point. I don’t like giving up a first just to unload Krug. He’s still a good hockey player and at some point he will regain trade value. And Hayes might just be a lug here. He’s 6 foot 5 and doesn’t hit anybody.
Who? Parayko?
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!