Dallas
Vegas

Hart: McDavid
Art Ross: McDavid
Vezina: Markstrom
Norris: Makar
Calder: Beniers
Jack Adams: Boudreau

Wild ass specific prediction: After a summer of big spending, the Detroit Red Wings improve by exactly 0 points, finishing with 74.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Re: 2022-23 NHL Season Predictions Thread

Playoff Teams:
East
Atlantic:
Toronto
Florida
Tampa

Metro:
Rangers
Carolina
Islanders

Wild Card:
Senators
Devils

West
Central:
Colorado
St. Louis
Minnesota

Pacific:
Calgary
Edmonton
Vegas

Wild Card:
Predators
Ducks

Cup Prediction - Rangers over Flames

Hart: Matthews
Vezina: Shesterkin
Calder: McTavish
Jack Adams: DJ Smith

Notes. - Beniers was my pick for Calder as well but i'll go with McTavish.
Off the wall prediction....If DJ Smith doesn't win the Jack Adams, he will be the first coach fired
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Cup Finals - Rangers vs Avalanche

Hart: McDavid - Darkhorse: Huberdeau
Vezina: Shesterkin - Darkhorse: Campbell
Norris: Makar - Darkhorse: Hughes
Calder: Beniers - Darkhorse: Thompson (G)
Jack Adams: Gallant NYR - Darkhorse: Chief

Prediction: Patrick Kane will end the season with the Rangers. Torts coaching a god awful Flyers team will result in him be incredibly entertaining this year. Husso will lead the Wings to the playoffs. The Blues will start 4 different goalies over the course of the season.
Just a Russian propaganda account

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:50 pm Playoff Teams:
East
Atlantic:
Toronto
Florida
Tampa

Metro:
Rangers
Carolina
Islanders

Wild Card:
Senators
Devils

West
Central:
Colorado
St. Louis
Minnesota

Pacific:
Calgary
Edmonton
Vegas

Wild Card:
Predators
Ducks

Off the wall prediction....If DJ Smith doesn't win the Jack Adams, he will be the first coach fired
Wow! A Canadian team even making The Finals! And they'd have a better chance to win it than The Habs did. That's a bold prediction. I hope The Flames win,IF The Blues don't (and, of course, my Jets have no chance :( ). But, I hope Binnington is hot like last seasons' playoffs, Tarasenko and O'Reilly are playing out-of-their-minds trying to be able to dictate every point in their upcoming contacts, Kyrou, Thomas, Buchnevich and all The Blues' key young players have great leaps in the quality of their games, the team stays healthy, and THEY win The Cup.

Robb_K wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:09 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:50 pm Playoff Teams:
East
Atlantic:
Toronto
Florida
Tampa

Metro:
Rangers
Carolina
Islanders

Wild Card:
Senators
Devils

West
Central:
Colorado
St. Louis
Minnesota

Pacific:
Calgary
Edmonton
Vegas

Wild Card:
Predators
Ducks

Wow! A Canadian team even making The Finals! And they'd have a better chance to win it than The Habs did. That's a bold prediction. I hope The Flames win,IF The Blues don't (and, of course, my Jets have no chance :( ). But, I hope Binnington is hot like last seasons' playoffs, Tarasenko and O'Reilly are playing out-of-their-minds trying to be able to dictate every point in their upcoming contacts, Kyrou, Thomas, Buchnevich and all The Blues' key young players have great leaps in the quality of their games, the team stays healthy, and THEY win The Cup.
Hey Robb.... If the Blues make it to the LSC finals, will you smuggle us down some P.E.I. potatoes to have with our Stanley Cup Ribs? That would guarantee a winner.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:56 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:37 pm Playoff Teams:

Metro:
Carolina- President's Trophy
Pittsburgh
Rangers

Having the Rangers third in the metro could've gone down as your wild ass prediction
Probably, but expecting a little regression after everything went right for them last year. Plus I jus like the Pens this year. Good vibes after keeping the band together.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:04 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:37 pm Playoff Teams:

Metro:
Carolina- President's Trophy
Pittsburgh
Rangers

Having the Rangers third in the metro could've gone down as your wild ass prediction
Probably, but expecting a little regression after everything went right for them last year. Plus I jus like the Pens this year. Good vibes after keeping the band together.
It MAY happen, but imo the team most likely to regress is Carolina. I feel like with Shesterkin playing 50+ games for the NYR the chance of regression is less likely.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:09 am

It MAY happen, but imo the team most likely to regress is Carolina. I feel like with Shesterkin playing 50+ games for the NYR the chance of regression is less likely.
Oh I like Carolina a lot. They added Burns who is a rich man's Tony DeAngelo, and will add Pacioretty in the middle of the year. For a team that's big need was adding some scoring, they had a fantastic summer.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:17 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:09 am

Oh I like Carolina a lot. They added Burns who is a rich man's Tony DeAngelo, and will add Pacioretty in the middle of the year. For a team that's big need was adding some scoring, they had a fantastic summer.
It's my favorite division to watch outside of the Blues division. So much skill and talent

I have been saying for the last couple of years that the Canes are just missing something. Now they add Burns and Patches…..and I still feel like they are missing something. They are a top team for sure but I just don’t know if they can win the big game when it counts.
Even though they are my pick…the Rangers have some questions too, especially relying on the younger players but I believe in Shesterkin.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

The other interesting thing to watch this season is to see which teams pull the chute after getting off to a bad start in an elite draft year. Arizona has already, Chicago is horrible and will only get worse, the Habs seem destined for a bottom 5 finish again, but who are the surprise teams? Philly is another one that should be atrocious. If San Jose has a rough start I'm looking at them.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:36 pm The other interesting thing to watch this season is to see which teams pull the chute after getting off to a bad start in an elite draft year. Arizona has already, Chicago is horrible and will only get worse, the Habs seem destined for a bottom 5 finish again, but who are the surprise teams? Philly is another one that should be atrocious. If San Jose has a rough start I'm looking at them.
If there's a team that's not a contender but has good talent to sell off it's the Jets. I could see a world where they focus on their current youth and add to it by holding a full garage sale.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:25 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:36 pm The other interesting thing to watch this season is to see which teams pull the chute after getting off to a bad start in an elite draft year. Arizona has already, Chicago is horrible and will only get worse, the Habs seem destined for a bottom 5 finish again, but who are the surprise teams? Philly is another one that should be atrocious. If San Jose has a rough start I'm looking at them.
If there's a team that's not a contender but has good talent to sell off it's the Jets. I could see a world where they focus on their current youth and add to it by holding a full garage sale.
The Jets might have the widest range reasonable potential outcomes of any team in the league. In the Central we can feel very confident that the Avs will be on top and the Hawks and Coyotes will be on bottom. To me the middle 5 teams could come in any order and it wouldn't be that outlandish. With that as a baseline, the Jets season could go extremely well if they respond to Bowness and Helleybuyck is a top 5 goalie again. If that happens they could finish second to the Avs. Alternatively, the off ice drama could blow up and they could start stripping down and wind up with 74 pts. They're probably due for a rebuild, but I wonder if it'll ever happen on Cheveldayoff's watch. He never makes trades of significance untill backed into a corner and guaranteed to get less than fair market value.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:41 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:25 pm
The Jets might have the widest range reasonable potential outcomes of any team in the league.
So true! Well said 😎