Re: NHL Offseason Trades/Signings Thread

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:27 am Getting a third for a guy you were days from losing for nothing is great work. Shows how much interest there must have been if Yzerman was willing to give up #73 just for exclusive negotiating rights.
Agreed……guessing maybe the Blues let Detroit negotiate with Husso’s agent as part of the process, so maybe that’s why we were able to get a better return

Beatoni12 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:39 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:37 am Army beat Sakic to the punch on this one:

I don't know how their relative value compares, but it'll be interesting to see what kind of pick Sakic can get, if any.
Odd to say about a Cup winning goalie so soon after, but I’d trust Husso more than Kuemper. Avs won in spite of him.
I think that's true, but Kuemper was also never the same in the playoffs after he took that stick to the eye. Husso is younger and has more upside, Kuemper has experience on his side. With NHL GMs I never know what matters most with goalies.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Beatoni12 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:39 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:37 am Army beat Sakic to the punch on this one:

I don't know how their relative value compares, but it'll be interesting to see what kind of pick Sakic can get, if any.
Odd to say about a Cup winning goalie so soon after, but I’d trust Husso more than Kuemper. Avs won in spite of him.
Especially because he fetched a 3rd for him and not the usual late round fodder.

Teams are desperate for goalies this offseason. Devils just made a move for Vanecek of the Caps.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:26 am
Drubilly wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:08 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:00 am Great job by Army

Oh my! Good for Husso I guess. There’s no way he was getting that out of DA.
Especially after the postseason Binner had. If he had shit the bed like he did for a lot of the regular season, the Blues would've been in a much tougher spot.
So Yzerman is stockpiling former Blues? Interesting. That says a lot about how Armstrong built up the organization.

It's more money than we were prepared to give. Good for Husso I guess.

Fuck the Wings.

So is re-signing Lindgren a priority now?