Re: NHL Offseason Trades/Signings Thread

JMC-STL wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:14 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:25 pm
BluesSK wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:23 pmSeems that way.
I had to mute this Blues "Super fan". Holy shit... some tourist who talks non-stop about the team. I mean tweeting 24/7 about them... and she will be back ten seconds into next season.
Don't fret, Dave, you'll get to hear plenty more from her when she becomes the Blues' new local rinkside reporter. :roll:
For the record, it wasn't me, haha.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:30 pm
JMC-STL wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:14 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:25 pmI had to mute this Blues "Super fan". Holy shit... some tourist who talks non-stop about the team. I mean tweeting 24/7 about them... and she will be back ten seconds into next season.
Don't fret, Dave, you'll get to hear plenty more from her when she becomes the Blues' new local rinkside reporter. :roll:
For the record, it wasn't me, haha.
My bad, shoulda known it was The Cap'n. He's been without female companionship for so long that he sees them all as an imminent threat. As well he should.

One source familiar with Tkachuk’s list said that St. Louis, Vegas, Florida, Nashville and Dallas are options. New Jersey and the New York Rangers are also among the other teams that have expressed interest in the past.
After a VERY quick look at each of those team's roster/cap, I do think Kyrou is probably the best trade chip that seems to actually be available. I don't see how Vegas could make it work at all. Nashville and Dallas don't have anything like a Kyrou available (as far as I know). Florida just traded a way a bunch of high draft picks, so I'm not sure they're going to be able to meet the price. Calgary is allegedly looking for a good current roster players rather than pure futures, but they'll defeinitely want at least a first round pick out of this. I really think the price ends up being lower (or at least more palatable) than expected, or some team comes out of nowhere.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:21 pm
One source familiar with Tkachuk’s list said that St. Louis, Vegas, Florida, Nashville and Dallas are options. New Jersey and the New York Rangers are also among the other teams that have expressed interest in the past.
After a VERY quick look at each of those team's roster/cap, I do think Kyrou is probably the best trade chip that seems to actually be available. I don't see how Vegas could make it work at all. Nashville and Dallas don't have anything like a Kyrou available (as far as I know). Florida just traded a way a bunch of high draft picks, so I'm not sure they're going to be able to meet the price. Calgary is allegedly looking for a good current roster players rather than pure futures, but they'll defeinitely want at least a first round pick out of this. I really think the price ends up being lower (or at least more palatable) than expected, or some team comes out of nowhere.
Vegas would just put their top two lines on IR for the first 3/4 of every season through the length of Tkachuk's contract and hope they can still make the playoffs in the last 1/4 of the season.