Re: 2022 Winter CLassic Thread

T.C. wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:00 pm First period over, SOG 14-6 blues. Hitting starting to pick up. I’m still saying there will be at least one fight.

Brown just missed on a back hand at the buzzer.
I guess Schenn didn’t dress tonight. Don’t think I saw him. That’s one less fight candidate for you.

I can’t believe they’re going to make some band perform out there in this. Ridiculous.

I love how the blues got off the bus in beach gear. In high school, one year, we (the drum line) decided that the first day it snowed, we (the drum line) were all going to show up for practice in Hawaiian shirts and shorts. Every day, practice was 6:30a, and everyone would whine and cry about how cold it was. So when snow came, we (the drum line) all marched all morning in shorts and Hawaiian shirts so that no one could whine and bitch. It was cold as fuck, but was the right move. No one bitched the rest of the season.

I don’t know what this twangy shit is, but i do know that they are really playing - that’s not a track. Wow. It’s impressive.

My band in high school showed up to the old Bernard Pub to play a gig one time during a blizzard and the heat had “gone out” - i suspect they just didn’t pay the gas bill, but result was the same. We were opening so i set up on stage. It was sub-zero inside. There were icicles hanging from the ceiling. The owner had a tiny space heater that he let us use, so i put it pointed at my feet. I was on stage warming up, because there were less than 10 people there at this point, when he got a call that the main band’s van got caught in the snow storm coming down from chicago and they weren’t going to make it. Since it looked like no one was coming out anyway, he canceled the show. So while i didn’t play a whole show in it, i have played in this type of cold, and it beyond sucks. So, good job, twangy dudes.

The Blues had a good 1st Period, dominating play early, but for Parayko letting Kaprizov get a step on him, circle the net and send the puck right in front, and Mikkola's failure to control it while attempting to knock it past the net, and accidentally knocking it in. But, The Blues lost the momentum, taking two penalties after allowing the goal. I hope The Blues can come out skating hard in The 2nd, and grab the momentum back. Glad to see that Binnington is sharp.

I watched the first two episodes of this Snowpiercer series, and it was infuriatingly bad. I like the cast, and i love Jennifer Connelly, but man was it Wokepiercer. Too bad, because I quite liked the film. And now I see Sean Bean is in the new season? Fuck. I haven’t seen anything he’s been in that I didn’t like. Do I really have to give this shit show another shot? Damn.

Here we go with period 2!

Already a crazy visible amount of snow along the boards by the benches again. Puck hopping like crazy there. We’re only 5 min in. I guess they’re keeping the longer schedule but they should be taking a quick minute break every 4-5 min to clear it. Going to get dangerous.