Re: 2021 St. Louis Blues Thread

About Little Walt...
Should Cal-Gary slide out of playoff contention, and they get back into selling and rebuilding... would you include Thomas in a deal for him? I've never been a fan of his, due to the fact that he has spent way too much time stirring up shit on the ice, as opposed to just playing the game. If Monday's game was his audition for Army, I'd be all in. He could be a great player if he played the game more like ROR, and lesslike a $750K shit disturber.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:25 pm About Little Walt...
Should Cal-Gary slide out of playoff contention, and they get back into selling and rebuilding... would you include Thomas in a deal for him? I've never been a fan of his, due to the fact that he has spent way too much time stirring up shit on the ice, as opposed to just playing the game. If Monday's game was his audition for Army, I'd be all in. He could be a great player if he played the game more like ROR, and lesslike a $750K shit disturber.
Absolutely not on Thomas. Him and Kyrou are no go’s
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:29 pm
While I think he still has more potential than he's shown so far, I'm not yet convinced that Thomas will be much more than a poor man's Jaden Schwartz. Even with the injuries, Schwartz had multiple 20+ goal seasons, though he was inconsistent from year to year. Thomas makes you wonder if he'll even break 10 goals, though he can rack up the assists playing with good finishers. Matthew Tkachuk already has a 34-goal season under his belt, and is on a pace for almost 40 this season. He plays with an edge that might get you burned at times, but a near 40 goal, near point-per-game power forward is hard to beat.

RAFritchey wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:05 pm
While I think he still has more potential than he's shown so far, I'm not yet convinced that Thomas will be much more than a poor man's Jaden Schwartz. Even with the injuries, Schwartz had multiple 20+ goal seasons, though he was inconsistent from year to year. Thomas makes you wonder if he'll even break 10 goals, though he can rack up the assists playing with good finishers. Matthew Tkachuk already has a 34-goal season under his belt, and is on a pace for almost 40 this season. He plays with an edge that might get you burned at times, but a near 40 goal, near point-per-game power forward is hard to beat.
Tkachuk is double the price too.

Thomas is going to have more points this season, as a 22 year old, then Schwartz ever had in his career.

Tkachuk is a hell of a player, would love to have him. But trading Thomas for him seems like a lateral move, imo. Thomas is still two years younger as well. Both are elite.

Id rather build a package around Barbashev.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:41 pm

Thomas is going to have more points this season, as a 22 year old, then Schwartz ever had in his career.

Tkachuk is a hell of a player, would love to have him. But trading Thomas for him seems like a lateral move, imo. Thomas is still two years younger as well. Both are elite.

Thomas has elite talent for sure, I'm just not sold on him physically. He seems like he will always be a perimeter type guy. I wouldn't be in any hurry to trade Barbashev... he's a guy who's grabbing the brass ring, now that he's got the chance.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:24 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:41 pm

Thomas has elite talent for sure, I'm just not sold on him physically. He seems like he will always be a perimeter type guy. I wouldn't be in any hurry to trade Barbashev... he's a guy who's grabbing the brass ring, now that he's got the chance.
My only reason for being okay moving Barbashev is I just don't think they'll be able to afford him. I believe he's gone after next season when he becomes a UFA.

Thomas and Kyrou will still be RFA's after next season.

Thomas is what he is…a playmaker. He’s a 15 goal 60 assist center during his prime. He’s basically Craig Janney.
You can get Tkachuk without moving Thomas for him. You don’t give up #1 center which is what he is in time here.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

BluesSK wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:20 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:10 am And while we're handing out extensions to bottom of the lineup guys, here's another one:

That Sanford trade was a nice bit of business. Comparable production levels this year (though different roles) for $1.25M less.
Hes only going to get better too.
I don't know that his ceiling will match his draft status, but he's a useful piece who seems to like it here. With Brown in the fold and a few more young forwards on the way, I wonder if Kostin is nearing the end of his time in St. Louis. He's not playing much on a nightly basis, but only has 2 goals on the year, both of which came in a single game against Arizona.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:31 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:10 am And while we're handing out extensions to bottom of the lineup guys, here's another one:

That Sanford trade was a nice bit of business. Comparable production levels this year (though different roles) for $1.25M less.
I don't know that his ceiling will match his draft status, but he's a useful piece who seems to like it here. With Brown in the fold and a few more young forwards on the way, I wonder if Kostin is nearing the end of his time in St. Louis. He's not playing much on a nightly basis, but only has 2 goals on the year, both of which came in a single game against Arizona.
I think SunnyD’s house is going to be for sale here soon.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:34 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:31 am

I think SunnyD’s house is going to be for sale here soon.
Say it ain't so. But also makes a lot of sense. He can't stay on the ice and we have younger cheaper replacements that can do the job 90% as well as he was before all the injuries.

Extending Chief before the end of the year is reassuring given that they made him win the Cup before dropping the interim tag 3 years ago. I'm not sure how many of the assistants will be around next year, but for the right reasons. Montgomery almost assuredly will get a Head Coach job in my estimation, and Ott has been rumored to be on some teams radars as well.