Re: Good ticket deal?

StL Dan wrote:
JMC-STL wrote:Gretzky doesn't look so happy with it.
I think he regrets wearing that white dickie.
Fashion choices have been known to spoil an otherwise memorable part of one's life.

Anywho, from where did you pluck the subject ticket offer? I didn't recognize the source material. Hard to assess a "good deal" without knowing if it's from a trustworthy offeror.

JMC-STL wrote:
StL Dan wrote:
JMC-STL wrote:Gretzky doesn't look so happy with it.
I think he regrets wearing that white dickie.
Fashion choices have been known to spoil an otherwise memorable part of one's life.

Anywho, from where did you pluck the subject ticket offer? I didn't recognize the source material. Hard to assess a "good deal" without knowing if it's from a trustworthy offeror.
The offer came to me from my company (major electronics company) email through the building services company who we lease office space from.

StL Dan wrote:I may take advantage of this. Looks like a great deal. What are your thoughts on this deal?
Obviously $55 for two lower bowl tickets is a pretty good deal in itself.

But, I'd see about getting more info before taking any action (what are the games, where are the seats, is it reputable, etc.)

StL Dan wrote:The offer came to me from my company (major electronics company) email through the building services company who we lease office space from.
OK, employee discount, that should be safe enough. As HF85 said, $55 would be a good price for 2 tix in the lower bowl. As a market point of comparison, I bought a Groupon deal for a Tuesday night Sharks @ Blues game early in January; 2 tickets, $60 each, "Blue Chip Low" (lower section behind the Blues-defend-twice goal), with two $10 food vouchers. A quick check of the Blues' single-game ticketing chart for their remaining weeknight games indicates the cheapest tix in the "lower level" would be $52 each (presuming your offer is for seats in a 100-series section). So my only remaining question would be: What's up with all the "FREE" and "BOGO" claims? If you can get a satisfactory answer to that, then the "good deal" oughta be worth pursuing for a night you can actually attend. Good luck.

JMC-STL wrote:
StL Dan wrote:The offer came to me from my company (major electronics company) email through the building services company who we lease office space from.
OK, employee discount, that should be safe enough. As HF85 said, $55 would be a good price for 2 tix in the lower bowl. As a market point of comparison, I bought a Groupon deal for a Tuesday night Sharks @ Blues game early in January; 2 tickets, $60 each, "Blue Chip Low" (lower section behind the Blues-defend-twice goal), with two $10 food vouchers. A quick check of the Blues' single-game ticketing chart for their remaining weeknight games indicates the cheapest tix in the "lower level" would be $52 each (presuming your offer is for seats in a 100-series section). So my only remaining question would be: What's up with all the "FREE" and "BOGO" claims? If you can get a satisfactory answer to that, then the "good deal" oughta be worth pursuing for a night you can actually attend. Good luck.
I shot an email back to the person that coordinates this stuff for more info. Hopefully I can get answers.