Remaining Schedule

The Blues have 13 games left...6 at home and 7 away. 11 games against teams currently in the playoff picture, including 2 against the Hawks and 2 against the Wild. We have 5 straight against playoff teams on the road coming up.

If we're gonna win the central we are going to earn it, thats for sure. Nashville's remaining schedule see them with 8 home and 3 away, 7 games against playoff teams.

Re: Remaining Schedule

UMSLBlues12 wrote:The Blues have 13 games left...6 at home and 7 away. 11 games against teams currently in the playoff picture, including 2 against the Hawks and 2 against the Wild. We have 5 straight against playoff teams on the road coming up.

If we're gonna win the central we are going to earn it, thats for sure. Nashville's remaining schedule see them with 8 home and 3 away, 7 games against playoff teams.
This is where Hitch is going to manage team depth to our advantage. What a luxury.

I see the Central ending up STL, CHI and NSH in that order, in spite of the difficulty in our schedule down the stretch. I expect NSH to come away from their 3rd period meltdown last night crushed. If they get more than 12 points in their last 12 (which would put them at 103 for the season) I will be shocked. That team just looks like its running out of gas. As long as NSH finishes 3rd, we won't have to face CHI in Round 1.

UMSLBlues12 wrote:The Blues have 13 games left...6 at home and 7 away. 11 games against teams currently in the playoff picture, including 2 against the Hawks and 2 against the Wild. We have 5 straight against playoff teams on the road coming up.

Good. Hopefully we can see the mettle this team is or isn't made of. This backstretch will give us good idea of what we can expect in the playoffs.

As it stands today, I think the Blues sit in the best spot to take the top spot in the West. Sure, they have the toughest schedule compared to Anaheim, Nashville and Chicago, but they have a five point cushion on the Hawks and have two games at hand on the Ducks and Preds. I think first in the Central and the West may come down to the two games against the Hawks in April. We MUST win the Easter Showdown at the UC to send a message.

MissouriMook wrote:As far as I'm concerned, the playoffs start April 5. We have two games against the Hawks that week, and either of the other two games (Jets and Wild) could be "Game 0" of a first round series if we hang on and win the Central.
Couldn't ask for a better final week to end the season to get geared up for the playoffs. Hopefully they keep pushing!

MissouriMook wrote:I see the Central ending up STL, CHI and NSH in that order, in spite of the difficulty in our schedule down the stretch. I expect NSH to come away from their 3rd period meltdown last night crushed. If they get more than 12 points in their last 12 (which would put them at 103 for the season) I will be shocked. That team just looks like its running out of gas. As long as NSH finishes 3rd, we won't have to face CHI in Round 1.
I just don't see them only getting half their possible points the rest of the way.

They have 11 games left and are already at 93 points. IMO they'll hit 105 at least, and probably closer to 108-109. I will say I doubt they get to the 113 points that the data indicated in my recent statistical analysis.

I know their recent record hasn't been good, but have you had a chance to watch any of the games? Personally, I have not watched a single game of theirs all season (other than vs. the Blues), so you may be in a better position to make a prediction than I am.

HockeyFan85 wrote:
MissouriMook wrote:I see the Central ending up STL, CHI and NSH in that order, in spite of the difficulty in our schedule down the stretch. I expect NSH to come away from their 3rd period meltdown last night crushed. If they get more than 12 points in their last 12 (which would put them at 103 for the season) I will be shocked. That team just looks like its running out of gas. As long as NSH finishes 3rd, we won't have to face CHI in Round 1.
I just don't see them only getting half their possible points the rest of the way.

They have 11 games left and are already at 93 points. IMO they'll hit 105 at least, and probably closer to 108-109. I will say I doubt they get to the 113 points that the data indicated in my recent statistical analysis.

I know their recent record hasn't been good, but have you had a chance to watch any of the games? Personally, I have not watched a single game of theirs all season (other than vs. the Blues), so you may be in a better position to make a prediction than I am.
First, I have a math error because I thought they only had 91 right now. I expect .500 hockey from them from here on out, and I think it is more likely they crash in their last 12 games and finish below 105 than turn it around and finish with more. I've watched a couple of their games recently (missed the game in LA on SAT) and they just looked burned up. Can't play a full 60, and very vulnerable when they fade late in games. I truly believe that the four goals in the 3rd last night in Anaheim will crush an already fragile team.