Re: NHL Trade Deadline News and Rumor Thread

BillP. wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:57 am
BluesSK wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:36 am
BillP. wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:18 pm

Had to look it up.

Bill Mikkelson of the 74-75 Washington Capitals has the all time single season record for worst plus/minus at a negative 82. He played defense, or at least tried to - ha
That was a historically awful team. Expansion team wasn't it?
Yeah, they only won 8 games that year. And then 2 years later the Canadiens did the opposite and only lost 8 that year - ha
That Canadiens team was the best ever. No question in my mind.

BluesSK wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:53 am
BillP. wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:57 am
BluesSK wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:36 am

That was a historically awful team. Expansion team wasn't it?
Yeah, they only won 8 games that year. And then 2 years later the Canadiens did the opposite and only lost 8 that year - ha
That Canadiens team was the best ever. No question in my mind.
That particular year, they were virtually impossible to beat.

usmcaaron wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:17 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:16 am

Dumb, but glad he's not going to Avs.
Seems we agree. Lol
I didn't want him here. He's big and fast but doesn't play smart. "Yakupov, but tall" is a bit of an exaggeration, but has the right idea. Acquisition cost was going to be stupid. Rangers should've flipped him and re-signed in the summer.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:19 am
usmcaaron wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:17 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:16 am

Dumb, but glad he's not going to Avs.
Seems we agree. Lol
I didn't want him here. He's big and fast but doesn't play smart. "Yakupov, but tall" is a bit of an exaggeration, but has the right idea. Acquisition cost was going to be stupid. Rangers should've flipped him and re-signed in the summer.
Well, by no means is he a superstar, but I think he'd have fit very nicely along side Perron & O'Reilly. He's likes to be physical w/ speed, & that's what the Blues like.

That said, yes, the cost would have been enormous & likely not worth the player, so it all turned out ok in the end

Mike Commodore
@commie22
·
2m
Mike Hoffman.....Florida doesn’t want you anymore...#PackYourShit, grab your passport and make your way to Edmonton.
Mike Commodore
@commie22
·
4m
Robin Lehner.....your time in Chicago has expired....#PackYourShit and get to Carolina.
Mike Commodore
@commie22
·
5m
Tyson Barrie.....#PackYourShit, you are done in Toronto....go directly to Las Vegas.