Re: NHL Trade Deadline News and Rumor Thread

usmcaaron wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:53 pm
MissouriMook wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:48 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:06 pm That takes Boston out of the Kreider running. I wonder if Army gets involved again.
Such a head scratcher that Boston would do this. Now that they've freed up some space to pick up Kreider they lack the 1st they need to go and get him, unless picking up Kase was just a way to have a player that they could give up that the Rags would accept in a deal for Kreider without getting a 1st back. I can't imagine that Boston would give up a 1st to move Backes now (instead of buying him out this summer) and then decide they're done.
I think they found the price too high for Kreider, so they moved on. Kase is a good player, too. He's no slouch.
He's good...when healthy. That has been the case far too little for such a good young player.

Dave's a mess wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:21 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:55 pm Athanasiou scratched tonight...."asset management" according to Wings front office. Please be traded to Edmonton tomorrow!!!
I heard somebody this week refer to him as a Designated Hitter because he literally does not play defense. :lol:
Had to look it up.

Bill Mikkelson of the 74-75 Washington Capitals has the all time single season record for worst plus/minus at a negative 82. He played defense, or at least tried to - ha

BillP. wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:18 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:55 pm Athanasiou scratched tonight...."asset management" according to Wings front office. Please be traded to Edmonton tomorrow!!!
I heard somebody this week refer to him as a Designated Hitter because he literally does not play defense. :lol:
Had to look it up.

Bill Mikkelson of the 74-75 Washington Capitals has the all time single season record for worst plus/minus at a negative 82. He played defense, or at least tried to - ha
That was a historically awful team. Expansion team wasn't it?

Some things to keep in mind on trade deadline day--
From now on teams can have unlimited players on their roster (as long as they're under the cap). So if Tarasenko comes back before the playoffs, the Blues don't have to send anyone down (unless they don't have enough cap space)
Any player that isn't on an AHL roster today can't play in the AHL playoffs. A lot of times the Blues have sent a guy down and then immediately called them back up for this purpose. So, if say, Kyrou isn't sent down, its a pretty good indication that he's here to stay (which is what I expect).

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:23 am Some things to keep in mind on trade deadline day--
From now on teams can have unlimited players on their roster (as long as they're under the cap). So if Tarasenko comes back before the playoffs, the Blues don't have to send anyone down (unless they don't have enough cap space)
Any player that isn't on an AHL roster today can't play in the AHL playoffs. A lot of times the Blues have sent a guy down and then immediately called them back up for this purpose. So, if say, Kyrou isn't sent down, its a pretty good indication that he's here to stay (which is what I expect).
The Blues told Kyrou to find his own place like a month ago.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:32 am
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:23 amSome things to keep in mind on trade deadline day--
The Blues told Kyrou to find his own place like a month ago.
Jordan is now living with TIM and his wife in their spare bedroom. Their kids have been farmed out to grandparents, so they can focus all of their energies & emotions on TIM's dream project. :D

BluesSK wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:36 am
BillP. wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:18 pm

Had to look it up.

That was a historically awful team. Expansion team wasn't it?
Yeah, they only won 8 games that year. And then 2 years later the Canadiens did the opposite and only lost 8 that year - ha

usmcaaron wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:56 am
NHLTIM wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:54 am
usmcaaron wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:52 am

Holy shit ......
Isles were desperate.
You ain't kiddin.

He's always been a decent player but I guess 1 season of nearly doubling your career shooting % does wonders for your trade value.
Yeah, he's solid, but this is a one year shooting bender. Plus he's getting big minutes in OTT that he probably wouldn't on a contender. Still, that's the benefit of having one of the few Centers on the market today.

If my math is correct, OTT has 70% of all draft picks in the league for the next 3 years. Can't wait to see how they blow it.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!