Playoff Lineup - Game 1

We've now had the opportunity to see all of our new toys in action for at least two games. Assuming everyone is healthy, what are your lines and pairings for Game 1 against a random opponent? Mine are:

Steen-Backes-Oshie
Schwartz-Lehtera-Tarasenko
Berglund-Stastny-Jaskin
Ott-Jokinen-Reaves

Bouwmeester-Pietrangelo
Gunnarsson-Shattenkirk
Jackman-Michalek

Elliott

The Top 9 just needs to go back to what works. I may change my mind about the 4th line over the next couple of weeks, but I think Jokinen makes it more dangerous in the offensive zone without really giving anything up defensively. Goc has just been "meh" the last few weeks and Porter should never see the ice with everyone healthy.

Re: Playoff Lineup - Game 1

I'd have the same lineup as you, except with Goc at centre on Line 4, instead of Jokinen. Lindbohm would rest Jackman, in the 2nd and 3rd series, and Bortuzzo and Butler would be 2nd and 3rd fill-ins. Jokinen would be first fill-in for injured or tired forwards. Porter 2nd. (or, am I forgetting someone?

Unless Ollie really starts playing well these last couple of weeks, I doubt he gets in the lineup ahead of Goc. Other than that, I'd expect the forward lines to be pretty much what they usually have been.

On defense, your top six are going to be Pietrangelo, Bouwmeester, Shatty, Michalek, Jax, and Gunnarsson, with the intrigue being what the pairs are. Maybe depending on match-ups you see Bortuzzo replacing Gunnar.

Blueblood202 wrote:I'd like to see Gunnar as our 7th d man personally. Gimme this:

Steen- Backes - Oshie
Schwartz - Lehtera - Tarasenko
Berglund - Stastny - Jaskin
Reaves - Goc - Ott

Boumeester Pietrangelo
Michalek Shatty
Jax Bortuzzo

Elliot
Allen
They're not going to go with a righty-righty pairing when they have the horses to make all their pairings lefty-righty. They're just not. Army made it a point at the trade deadline to even out the lefty-righty D balance as they really seem to prefer lefty-righty pairings for breakout/transition purposes. I'll also note that I would be ok sitting Gunnar, but the Blues have shown absolutely no hints of taking him out of their top-4, let alone out of their top-6.

I would go with the "old faithful" lines of:

SOB
STL
PBJ
Ott-Goc/Jokinen-Reaves (I would like to see Joker play a few more games before I decide which I like more as 4th line C)

Bouw-Petro
Gunnar-Shatty
Jax-Michalek

Elliott
Allen

Lindbohm is the LD reserve and Borts is the RD reserve. Butler is the oh $&#%, 3 of our d-men are injured reserve.

I agree with everyone going old faithful with the forwards. As far as the 4th line is concerned I'm not sure. Jokinen adds an interesting dimension, and so does Bortuzzo if we are playing a physical team (Bortuzzo-Ott-Reaves 4th line?).

As far as the defense, I would keep Gunnarsson and Petro together. JBo and Petro have played much better since being split IMO. Pair Shatty with JBo and then have Jackman-Michalek as your 3rd pairing.