Re: GDT: St Louis Blues vs Edmonton - 7:30 12/18 - TV:FSMW Radio:101.1

Matangama wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:17 pm
Robb_K wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:09 pm Faulk had an open net on that rebound from Thomas' shot, and shouod have put it in the net. He does have a hard shot, but needs to direct it better. Sundqvist hit the post!
Robb, that was a great play (or luck) by the defenseman. Faulk was in the perfect spot and got good wood on the shot. I don’t see anything to criticize him for.
Right. Faulk actually got off a solid shot against a bouncing puck coming his way. Lucky skate save

Faulk hit the post and had 2 very hard shots to the middle of the net, but right at the goalie. He'll start scoring. It looks like he's getting more comfortable with his new teammates, and he can just play naturally now, without so much thinking. His talent will be able to show now. We knew he was a LOT better with The Canes than he showed his first month with The Blues. He's starting to come out of his nervousness now that he's more comfortable in Berube's system, and he's more comfortable with his teammates (knows their tendencies better). I don't expect him t play like an all start all the rest of the season, but he should play like a very solid #3 D-man, on both defence and offence, and be a plus player, rather than a defensive liability, the rest of the way. That will help a lot in the playoffs.

Matangama wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:17 pm
Robb_K wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:09 pm Faulk had an open net on that rebound from Thomas' shot, and shouod have put it in the net. He does have a hard shot, but needs to direct it better. Sundqvist hit the post!
Robb, that was a great play (or luck) by the defenseman. Faulk was in the perfect spot and got good wood on the shot. I don’t see anything to criticize him for.
I agree. One of those bang bang plays. Both players reacted to the moment.

Good 2nd Period by The Blues. They've been dominating the scoring chances and been smothering The Oilers all over the ice, and limitinm to low-danger chances. But, unfortunately, they've failed to score on all but one of those great chances. Let's hope they keep skating hard and going to the net and can score a goal very early in The 3rd to take some of the pressure off, and they keep the pressure on The Oilers after that, rather than going into a defensive shell.