Re: Troy Brouwer is back

You can build a team a certain way and on the surface Brouwer fits that mold but I hope we don't over-do the grit and size at the expense of speed and skill. The Kings got real old and real slow and real bad real quick after their big runs. Just saying this move excites me about as much as the prospect of attending a lecture on the importance of box springs for lumbar support or something. I fell off the wagon this week so not much is making sense lol.

bradleygt89 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:19 pm I'm personally hoping they do NOT sign Brouwer. Just don't see his fit on this team beyond a short-term fix on the fourth line. We need more youth and speed, not sad legs and a bad shot.
12 goals/21 pts in 75 games is a bad shot?

SunnyD had 14g/31pt in 74 so I guess his is "below average"?

Blais is 3g/7pt in 43 games...he must have a TERRIBLE shot.

Barbie had 14g/26pt in 80...another bad shot on our team.

Sanford had 8g/20pt in 60... so he would be a "below average" shot

Fabbri had 18g/37pt in 72 his rookie year...so that rookie phenom had a "below average" shot

EDIT: by no means am I saying "WE NEED TO SIGN BROUWER" but to say he has a bad shot is incorrect at best
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

bradleygt89 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:58 pm I don't care about your fancy stats. I don't like Brouwer as a blues player. Thanks for helping us beat your old hawk team, but please don't come back.
if they sign him it's a low risk move. Brouwer was decent when he was here....all he has to do is bang on the 4th line and be a good soldier which we already know he is. He's not taking a job away from anybody....Blues will still need to find a top 6 player to play with ROR and DP57. If not Blais, Kyrou or Kostin Army is going to have to make a deal.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Ok, so if they keep the same line structure tomorrow, I'm guessing.....

Schwartz-Schenn-Bozak
Sanford-O'Reilly-Perron
Kostin-Thomas-Sunqvist
MacEachern-Barbashev-Brouwer

That still leaves them short an extra FWD.
What I'm hoping happens: Kyrou call-up & Sanford or Brouwer press box trip.
What I predict happens : Nolan call-up & he and Brouwer rotate.

Edit: forgot about De La Rose. Crap. So he & Brouwer will will move in & out. Kyrou will continue to destroy the AHL

usmcaaron wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:10 pm Ok, so if they keep the same line structure tomorrow, I'm guessing.....

Schwartz-Schenn-Bozak
Sanford-O'Reilly-Perron
Kostin-Thomas-Sunqvist

Edit: forgot about De La Rose. Crap. So he & Brouwer will will move in & out. Kyrou will continue to destroy the AHL

Here were the practice lines today that Dave shared; obviously before Blais was known to be out long term and Brouwer still unsigned, but I'd imagine that Kostin rotates into that 2nd or 3rd line, and JLDR goes to pressbox once they know for sure Brouwer is ready and either MacMac or Barbie centers the 4th again. But Brouwer will play 4th or 3rd line minutes, especially at first.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:40 pm
usmcaaron wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:10 pm Ok, so if they keep the same line structure tomorrow, I'm guessing.....

Schwartz-Schenn-Bozak
Sanford-O'Reilly-Perron
Kostin-Thomas-Sunqvist

Here were the practice lines today that Dave shared; obviously before Blais was known to be out long term and Brouwer still unsigned, but I'd imagine that Kostin rotates into that 2nd or 3rd line, and JLDR goes to pressbox once they know for sure Brouwer is ready and either MacMac or Barbie centers the 4th again. But Brouwer will play 4th or 3rd line minutes, especially at first.
Right on. I missed that.
Honestly, I really just feel like Kostin needs more than 6-7 min/gm to make his full impact, & the only way he gets that is up w/ Thomas or O'Reilly. The rest of Barbie, Sunny, Brouwer, etc can slot just about anywhere & be fine.

Schwartz-Schenn-Bozak
Sanford-O'Reilly-Perron
Kostin-Thomas-Sunqvist

Kyrou will be brought up when The Blues think he's ready to contribute, and he'll knock DeLaRose out of the bottom-4 or 's rotation. Once Kyrou is back to comfortable, and really polished in his AHL game (probably no more than a few more weeks away) The Blues will bring him up and play him regularly on The 3rd Line, to see what he can do. If he plays decently, and fits in well, he might be up for good, and DeLaRose will be in the press box. When Steen returns, Kostin might lose time, or MacEachern, Sanford or Brouwer might have to join the rotation, and, thus, lose some playing time. Then, somewhat later, early February, Blais returns, and DeLaRose will have to be waived to be sent to The Rampage, which will succeed, or he'll be lost to waivers. Lots of decent depth. IF these players (Kyrou and Kostin) can keep The Blues afloat to get a decent playoff seeding, when Tarasenko returns, they'll have great, deep team going into the last week of the season, and the playoffs.

So far, they haven't suffered too much in terms of loss of points, from Tarasenko's absence. It appears, so far, that they may even be able to not lose much ground, at all, from the loss of Both Tarasenko and Blais (which would cripple teams with average depth), if supporting players like Sundqvist, Barbashev, Sanford, MacEachern, Thomas can continue to step up, and Brouwercan add similar help, and Kyrou and Kostin can also produce at a decent level. In the long run, the bottom 6 players, and AHL kids getting the extra minutes regularly, should be a positive result of the injury epidemic.

bradleygt89 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:17 am
BluesSK wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:51 pm Anybody know what's up with this? More Visa issues?
Yes, and they also brought up two players in Walker and Poulitte(sp), the D they got for Schmaltz. Saw that in a PD online article yesterday.

Pouliot was a free agent signing. Borgman was the player we got from the Leafs for Schmaltz

"Suck a dick Johansen"

That's right, thanks Tim. I forgot all about Borgman, looks like he's got a whole 5 points with SA, all assists. Wonder if Pouliot will get some ice time? I didn't think Gunner was playing all that bad, but maybe they want to give him (Pouliot) a shot? Both he and Walker would have to clear waivers on the way back to SA though, yes?
"Do Only Good Everyday"

I’ve always like Pouliot but those of you that don’t like guys like Dunn, Faulk, or Shatty back in the day ain’t gonna care for Pouliot. He’s all offense.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

BillP. wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:58 am Pouliot sounds interesting. 8th pick in his draft, only 25, has only played 200 games. Who knows? Look at Brad Hunt kicking ass in Minnesota, the guy is a plus 8 and he's playing in key situations now over there.
I’m still wondering who the Leafs have their eye on ? I’m wondering if maybe they are interested in Gunner or Dunn? Sure seems like some talks are taking place and the Blues have an abundance of dmen. Gunner wouldn’t return much but a deal centered around Dunn plus might fetch someone like Kapanen. Just seems like right now isn’t the time. Leafs playing well since the coaching change and the Blues have plenty of forwards they can rotate in and out of the lineup.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:45 am I’ve always like Pouliot but those of you that don’t like guys like Dunn, Faulk, or Shatty back in the day ain’t gonna care for Pouliot. He’s all offense.
I think when you know what to expect from those all offense little defense guys you'll love them. A good coach puts them in the right spots and let's them do their thing. I wonder who he's paired with if he actually gets in a game while Bortuzzo is suspended.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:11 am
BillP. wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:58 am Pouliot sounds interesting. 8th pick in his draft, only 25, has only played 200 games. Who knows? Look at Brad Hunt kicking ass in Minnesota, the guy is a plus 8 and he's playing in key situations now over there.
I’m still wondering who the Leafs have their eye on ? I’m wondering if maybe they are interested in Gunner or Dunn? Sure seems like some talks are taking place and the Blues have an abundance of dmen. Gunner wouldn’t return much but a deal centered around Dunn plus might fetch someone like Kapanen. Just seems like right now isn’t the time. Leafs playing well since the coaching change and the Blues have plenty of forwards they can rotate in and out of the lineup.
You might be right about the Leafs targeting Dunn, but I'd be surprised if the Blues parted with him. Like you said, Kapanen really isn't a need. Especially with Kyrou getting a look soon.

BillP. wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:33 am
NHLTIM wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:11 am
You might be right about the Leafs targeting Dunn, but I'd be surprised if the Blues parted with him. Like you said, Kapanen really isn't a need. Especially with Kyrou getting a look soon.
Kapanen would be a need for the Blues. Another bottom 6 forward from Toronto wouldn’t be.

"Suck a dick Johansen"