Re: Streaming TV

barnburner wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:27 pm
Beatoni12 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:58 pm This kinda interests me. Is it simply cost driving all you folks from cable to steaming?
Being retired, cost is definitely a factor for me, but probably equally important, is not being bound to a contract even when my cable/satellite company decides to drop programming that I find important.
Also by pairing a couple of Streaming providers, I can get a better selection of programming than I might get from one cable service.
Right there with you. I tried for years to get my in-laws to go streaming (Mrs. Cotton and I have been streaming and OTA only since 2012). When my in-laws retired, they had a ton of questions for me on how to get setup. I helped my father in law setup an Ethernet network in his house (taught him how to wall fish for said Ethernet). They're very happy. They just login to our Netflix account, and they just got their own Amazon account, and I helped my father-in-law build an OTA antenna to pick up TV from Fayettivlle/Rogers and from Tulsa.