Re: GDT: Wild vs Blues 3/14 - 7:00 CT / 8:00 ET

barnburner wrote: He has to learn to pick his spots, so it works within the system. He should talk to Oshie. It wasn't until he learned that lesson that his talent really became as productive as it should have been much sooner.
I get what you're saying, but Tarasenko has had plenty of highlight reel goals/plays because of being creative.

He's a PPG player, which is something Oshie has never been. Tarasenko is definitely more skilled than Oshie. They play a different type of game.

Re: GDT: Wild vs Blues 3/14 - 7:00 CT / 8:00 ET

HockeyFan85 wrote:
barnburner wrote: He has to learn to pick his spots, so it works within the system. He should talk to Oshie. It wasn't until he learned that lesson that his talent really became as productive as it should have been much sooner.
I get what you're saying, but Tarasenko has had plenty of highlight reel goals/plays because of being creative.

He's a PPG player, which is something Oshie has never been. Tarasenko is definitely more skilled than Oshie. They play a different type of game.
Most of those highlight goals came in the first half. Not so much since the league has adjusted. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan. But the fancy stuff usually ends up in your own net in the playoffs.