Re: News and Games around the NHL

NHLTIM wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:35 am
JMC-STL wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:06 am
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:35 pmWell looks like I’m getting a new tv tomorrow. 2018 Samsung and it’s already toast.
AEF3EC53-41AD-4350-81DD-BBCACA75F5BD.jpeg
That NEVER happens on my 17-inch Sansaiyungpuh tube TV. Though the picture does have an ever-changing color halo around the 10-inch image roughly in the center.
Might have to pick that one up. i've been through two tv's in 7 years with these flat panels. I had a Vizio that crapped out after 3.5 years and now this Samsung. I've been doing nothing but watching and reading TV reviews for 2 days and I still don't know what to buy.
Tim, buy your next one at Costco. The warranties they throw at you, especially if you have their credit card, make it worthwhile. You can usually end up with 4 or 5 years of coverage for free.

Matangama wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:43 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:38 am HERE WE GO

That’s a pretty good result, under the circumstances, for Columbus. But I’m not convinced that Laine stays there. Roslovic, on the other hand, is apparently from Columbus originally.
If Laine wants the money, he’ll stay. I think Jarmo will offer him a BIG contract. More than anyone else will be willing to offer IMO.

BillP, I would love to see Laine stay in Columbus and have a lot of success. That has always been one of my favorite “underdog” teams, but I feel kind of sorry for the fans in Columbus, with so many key players leaving. I don’t give two shits about Jarmo anymore, but he did a good job with a shitty situation.

Matangama wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:20 am BillP, I would love to see Laine stay in Columbus and have a lot of success. That has always been one of my favorite “underdog” teams, but I feel kind of sorry for the fans in Columbus, with so many key players leaving. I don’t give two shits about Jarmo anymore, but he did a good job with a shitty situation.
I like Columbus too. Jarmo did a heck of a job. Jackets need a trailblazer that stays and changes the identity. A high profile guy that leads the way and creates a winning environment. Maybe Laine can be that guy.

Jets fans aren't too happy right now. You won't find a bigger PLD fan than me and I think Jarmo actually fleeced the Jets on this one....provided Laine signs long term and Torts doesn't fuck it up.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

I really don't see this faring well for CBJ long term. Laine obviously can score, but he's literally one of the worst defensive forwards in the league. He's highly skilled, but slow. He needs a strong puck driving center to feed him the puck, and Columbus just traded away the only guy that fits that bill. He and Domi could put up some points if they develop some chemistry, but Domi isn't any good defensively either, so I'm not sure that's going to work. I haven't even mentioned Torts yet. CBJ got the bigger name, WPG got the more valuable player. If Laine rounds out his game I'll be wrong on this one, but we'll have to wait and see.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

NHLTIM wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:35 am
JMC-STL wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:06 am
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:35 pmWell looks like I’m getting a new tv tomorrow. 2018 Samsung and it’s already toast.
AEF3EC53-41AD-4350-81DD-BBCACA75F5BD.jpeg
That NEVER happens on my 17-inch Sansaiyungpuh tube TV. Though the picture does have an ever-changing color halo around the 10-inch image roughly in the center.
Might have to pick that one up. i've been through two tv's in 7 years with these flat panels. I had a Vizio that crapped out after 3.5 years and now this Samsung. I've been doing nothing but watching and reading TV reviews for 2 days and I still don't know what to buy.
Our 48" is a Phillips....8 y/o no problems our 32" is an Element 6 y/o no problems.

BillP. wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:45 am You believe this Tim?

Elliot Friedman just said there may not be draft in 2021. and they may just do two in June of 2022 as so many scouts have not seen these players.
yeah...i can see that happening and if Friedman is reporting it, there is probably some smoke. Feel bad for the 2021 kids because the 2022 class is freaking stacked. Will be interesting to see how this unfolds
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"