Re: News and Games around the NHL

Dave's a mess wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:10 pm The takes on this one will be interesting
Cross check to the head well after the play during a goal celly? Even if no injury occurred, it's still pretty serious, IMHO.

You got a beef with his flourish, leave the stick out of it and 'extend an invitation' to drop the gloves and go. But otherwise, you've gotta stay in better control than that.

Dave's a mess wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:10 pm The takes on this one will be interesting
I get that there's a code Reilly thinks he's protecting, but gave me Hunter on Turgeon vibes. MR needs to take the L, it's a day and age where third pair d-men are doing tiktok dances when they score, you have to swallow it.

Minimum fine allowable by the CBA.
Last edited by Oates2Hullie450 on Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BluesSK wrote:
I love all of it.

The goal and the response.
If i was gerig's coach, I'd be furious.

He's much more likely to miss the.goal.doing a slapshot than a "just chuck it in" shot, but i could see how reilly took exception to it
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

I don’t. I don’t see how he took exception to it. Someone please explain what fucking difference it makes if the guy skates down and condescendingly taps it in or if he hammers it through the back of the netting from 5 feet. Both should piss off the other team equally. There was no opposing team member anywhere near him, he wasn’t going to hurt anyone. I don’t understand getting pissed to the point where you try to injure a guy with a x-check to the goddamn head/neck. Don’t want EN goals? Get pissed at your coach for pulling the goalie. Otherwise, no harm done here, until he flipped out for no reason. More than a “slight overreaction”. This is like your gf deciding to throw all your clothes and belongings out the window onto the front lawn because you left a pair of socks on the floor instead of the laundry basket.

T.C. wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:50 amI don’t. I don’t see how he took exception to it. Someone please explain what fucking difference it makes if the guy skates down and condescendingly taps it in or if he hammers it through the back of the netting from 5 feet. Both should piss off the other team equally. There was no opposing team member anywhere near him, he wasn’t going to hurt anyone. I don’t understand getting pissed to the point where you try to injure a guy with a x-check to the goddamn head/neck. Don’t want EN goals? Get pissed at your coach for pulling the goalie. Otherwise, no harm done here, until he flipped out for no reason. More than a “slight overreaction”. This is like your gf deciding to throw all your clothes and belongings out the window onto the front lawn because you left a pair of socks on the floor instead of the laundry basket.
Touched a nerve, did it, T.C.?

Dave's a mess wrote: I have no idea why JD has survived. The reason the Blues let him go when Stillman bought the team was that there's literally no reason for his position. Maybe CBJ cans him at the end of the season, otherwise he's just extremely gifted at managing up.
Didn't the elevation of Army make JD expendable?

I don't think JD is bad at running an organization. He did a lot of good things when he was here. JMO

BillP. wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:24 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: I have no idea why JD has survived. The reason the Blues let him go when Stillman bought the team was that there's literally no reason for his position. Maybe CBJ cans him at the end of the season, otherwise he's just extremely gifted at managing up.
Didn't the elevation of Army make JD expendable?

I don't think JD is bad at running an organization. He did a lot of good things when he was here. JMO
Teams don't need a President, it's just an elevated title for a GM.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Rempe is a beast….only 21 and once he gets a few tips during the offseason, there isn’t anybody that will be able to handle him. He’s taking on all comers…great to see
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"