Re: News and Games around the NHL

JMC-STL wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:43 pm
BillP. wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:43 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:59 pmI know this isn't hockey....but it sure is news.

9 people total I think. His daughter was with him too. Would like to know what caused the crash.
In the aircraft business, it's referred to as: "Uncontrolled Flight Into Terrain (UFIT)." :(
The crash site looks like scorched Earth

CaptSMRT wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:59 pmI know this isn't hockey....but it sure is news.

9 people total I think. His daughter was with him too. Would like to know what caused the crash.
In the aircraft business, it's referred to as: "Uncontrolled Flight Into Terrain (UFIT)." :(
No.

Its called controlled flight into terrain. CFIT. Pilot flew into lowering clouds, and while under control, flew it right into the ground.

39hurricane wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:26 pm
BillP. wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:43 pm9 people total I think. His daughter was with him too. Would like to know what caused the crash.
No.

Its called controlled flight into terrain. CFIT. Pilot flew into lowering clouds, and while under control, flew it right into the ground.
And so it goes. R.I.P. to all on board, and condolences to those left behind to grieve.

39hurricane wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:26 pm
No.

You wouldn't know a helicopter crashed there for how obliterated it is.

Very tragic, indeed.

BillP. wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:39 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:09 pm
Damn. Maybe they have the intent of sending him to the Rampage. Still a good insurance policy to have. I’m sure Troy expected more playing time here and quite frankly so did I. And I bet Panger did too.
If his role grew beyond what it ended up being this team would've been in huge trouble. He had a good run, but he's cooked. No shame in that.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Turk Sanderson wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:35 pm
T.C. wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:32 am troy cleared waivers.
My guess is that he goes to S.A. until the playoffs start.... then comes back when the cap doesn't matter.... he didn't have any other teams ringing his phone when Army hired him, and I doubt that anything's changed.
Might as well enjoy some Tex-Mex for a few months.

Cotton McKnight wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:13 am
JMC-STL wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:50 amNHL affiliate story to watch in the coming months. Movement in AHL franchise relationships could eventually involve the Blues ...

Las Vegas Review-Journal: Golden Knights looking to buy AHL club and move it to Las Vegas
Weren't we trying, to get an expansion AHL team with the owner of the arena in KC?
Lamar Hunt, Jr. doesn't own an arena; he owns an ECHL team (the Kansas City Mavericks) who play their home games in the city-owned Silverstein Eye Center Arena in Independence, MO. Not very likely an AHL team would move in there, due to seating capacity (5,800 for hockey) and Lamar Jr. having nowhere else in the area to move the ECHL team. The rumored STL Blues-Hunt cooperative plan was to place an AHL team (nominally an expansion franchise) in the city-owned KC Sprint Center, but the city has expressed no public interest in leasing seasonal dates to a hockey team that would displace returning tenants who bring in larger crowds.

The simple shuffle I find more likely is for the SA Rampage franchise to be sold & moved to Vegas, and the Blues returning to an affiliation with the CHI Wolves (who are currently the Golden Knights' AHL affiliate). But even the notion of Spurs Sports & Entertainment relinquishing their Rampage franchise seems mighty unlikely. That's why I'm thinking this AHL shuffle will be a complex one with many moving parts (or rather, many moving franchises).

BluesSK wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:11 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:45 amThat Utica-Vancouver commute doesn't seem ideal.
I'm sure there are direct flights. 🤣
Vancouver is by all accounts very pleased with their Utica Comets affiliation despite the distance, and signed a 6-year affiliation agreement (with opt-outs) in late 2018 to keep the Comets in Utica. But Canucks Sports & Entertainment are likely keeping a regular eye on West Coast AHL developments, looking for an opportunity to join in & move their AHL franchise closer to home - in B.C. or somewhere in the U.S. Northwest.