Re: News and Games around the NHL

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:03 pm I expect the NHL to hand down suspensions and order that SunnyD, Gunner, and DLR undergo sensitivity training now
4DF3CCD8-B391-491F-AC20-F65FF6748DC1.jpeg
Man, what the hell am I looking at here? If the women were the only ones wearing those shirts it would be a self deprecating joke of sorts, I suppose. But fucking really, smh.

NHL Fantasy hockey ranks top 25 lines. Blues got the 2nd best team in NHL behind Caps yet can't make the cut.
I guess you can say the Blues are the epitome of team, but we already know that.

1. BOS: Brad Marchand -- Patrice Bergeron -- David Pastrnak (SAME)

2. COL: Gabriel Landeskog -- Nathan MacKinnon -- Mikko Rantanen (SAME)

3. EDM: Leon Draisaitl -- Connor McDavid -- Zack Kassian (SAME)

4. WSH: Alex Ovechkin -- Nicklas Backstrom -- Tom Wilson (SAME)

5. WPG: Kyle Connor -- Mark Scheifele -- Patrik Laine (+2)

6. BUF: Victor Olofsson -- Jack Eichel -- Sam Reinhart (+3)

7. TBL: Ondrej Palat -- Brayden Point -- Nikita Kucherov (-1)

8. TOR: William Nylander / Zach Hyman -- Auston Matthews -- Mitchell Marner / Kasperi Kapanen (+5)

NOTE: Matthews and Marner have seen some time on the same line lately, but Toronto Maple Leafs coach Sheldon Keefe has also gone back to the elite duo of Marner and center John Tavares, which sparked Toronto in its rollercoaster win against the Carolina Hurricanes on Monday.

9. CAR: Nino Niederreiter -- Sebastian Aho -- Teuvo Teravainen (-1)

10. WSH: Jakub Vrana -- Evgeny Kuznetsov -- T.J. Oshie (SAME)

11. TOR: Hyman / Pierre Engvall -- John Tavares -- Marner / Ilya Mikheyev (SAME)

12. VAN: J.T. Miller -- Elias Pettersson -- Brock Boeser (SAME)

13. PIT: Jake Guentzel -- Evgeni Malkin -- Bryan Rust (+2)

Key injury: Sidney Crosby

14. CHI: Alexander Nylander / Alex DeBrincat -- Dylan Strome -- Patrick Kane (+2)

15. CGY: Johnny Gaudreau -- Sean Monahan -- Mikael Backlund (-1)

16. PHI: Claude Giroux -- Sean Couturier -- Travis Konecny (+1)

17. WPG: Nikolaj Ehlers -- Blake Wheeler -- Jack Roslovic (+2)

18. VGK: Max Pacioretty -- Chandler Stephenson / Paul Stastny -- Mark Stone (+4)

19. VGK: Jonathan Marchessault -- William Karlsson -- Reilly Smith (+4)

20. DAL: Jamie Benn -- Tyler Seguin -- Alexander Radulov, DTD / Justin Dowling (-2)

21. NSH: Calle Jarnkrok / Filip Forsberg -- Ryan Johansen -- Viktor Arvidsson (-1)

22. MIN: Zach Parise -- Eric Staal -- Mats Zuccarello (+2)

Key injury: Jason Zucker

23. MTL: Tomas Tatar -- Phillip Danault -- Brendan Gallagher (NEW)

24. NYI: Anders Lee -- Mathew Barzal -- Jordan Eberle (NEW)

25. FLA: Jonathan Huberdeau -- Vincent Trocheck -- Noel Acciari (NEW)

BlueinNy wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:32 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:03 pm I expect the NHL to hand down suspensions and order that SunnyD, Gunner, and DLR undergo sensitivity training now
4DF3CCD8-B391-491F-AC20-F65FF6748DC1.jpeg
Man, what the hell am I looking at here? If the women were the only ones wearing those shirts it would be a self deprecating joke of sorts, I suppose. But fucking really, smh.
Well, if there is a complaint about this photo made, we know where to start.

I will say this, Parayko don't give me an erection, but Tarasenko???? OMFG yes! ;)
"Do Only Good Everyday"

BluesSK wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:48 pm
usmcaaron wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:07 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:37 pm

Of course he was joking, but think of it this way. Suppose Tappen was offended by it. It's one thing to not mind a joke in private vs having it broadcast to thousands of listeners. Now shes in the position whe she has to choose between saying she didn't mind even though it really did offend her, or say nothing and be the target of people saying she's to blame for whatever happens to Roenick since she didn't have his back. We've seen that take on here already. Just saying something is a joke doesn't mean its a 100% get out of jail free card. There are tons and tons of jokes out there that would get people fired if the said them publicly.

Again, I'm not saying he should be fired, but some discipline coming down on him is appropriate. He didn't know better, I believe that, but he really should have.
Cya, Jeremy.
He should have known better. Not a way to talk about your coworker, plain and simple.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:10 pm
usmcaaron wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:07 pm

Cya, Jeremy.
He should have known better. Not a way to talk about your coworker, plain and simple.
For all you know she might of laughed about it herself. You don't know how close those people are as friends. The statement she made was something she had to say, there was no other way around it. Roenick is a jokster and he's probably had a few punches too many in the head. He didn't mean any harm, was just having fun, but he should of realized that he shouldn't of said that on the air. Hence the bad combination of being a jokster and having a half concussed brain.

BillP. wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:19 pm

Cya, Jeremy.
For all you know she might of laughed about it herself. You don't know how close those people are as friends. The statement she made was something she had to say, there was no other way around it. Roenick is a jokster and he's probably had a few punches too many in the head. He didn't mean any harm, was just having fun, but he should of realized that he shouldn't of said that on the air. Hence the bad combination of being a jokster and having a half concussed brain.
Totally agree that she was forced to say that to appease NBC
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Cya, Jeremy.
Having been a supervisor of men and women for a couple decades, I'll tell ya women are evil. They'll play along with off color jokes and actually take them to extremes but when it suits them watch out, they will use every word you've ever sarcastically said against you . Seen it 20 or 30 times. Not saying that's what happened here but it reeks like it. JR made the mistake of saying a running gag that he,Tappen, and Sharp have, between themselves on a pod cast. Imho.

Cya, Jeremy.
And for all you know, she was disgusted and felt very uncomfortable with his sexual advances as she stated. STOP TRYING TO FUCK YOUR COWORKERS. It's not that hard.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:35 pm

And for all you know, she was disgusted and felt very uncomfortable with his sexual advances as she stated. STOP TRYING TO FUCK YOUR COWORKERS. It's not that hard.
seriously DPW? Don't you understand that women LOVE and WANT to be viewed strictly through a sexual lens? I mean if the woman is hot, it's her own damn fault that men want to fuck her, especially if a man has to travel with her and be around her for 8+ hours a day! Damn woke snowflakes, women want it, all the time. You'd have never survived in the caveman era! Bop the bitch on the head and drag her back to the cave to give her what she wants...right?

PS: Just because a woman laughs at your jokes, talks to you, looks at you, or is in the same zip code as you...it doesn't mean she wants to fuck you or be used as the punch line of your attention needing joke. I know it is hard for us men to remember it, but the world is actually a better place if we respect each other and treat others as they wish to be treated.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:44 pm
seriously DPW? Don't you understand that women LOVE and WANT to be viewed strictly through a sexual lens? I mean if the woman is hot, it's her own damn fault that men want to fuck her, especially if a man has to travel with her and be around her for 8+ hours a day! Damn woke snowflakes, women want it, all the time. You'd have never survived in the caveman era! Bop the bitch on the head and drag her back to the cave to give her what she wants...right?

PS: Just because a woman laughs at your jokes, talks to you, looks at you, or is in the same zip code as you...it doesn't mean she wants to fuck you or be used as the punch line of your attention needing joke. I know it is hard for us men to remember it, but the world is actually a better place if we respect each other and treat others as they wish to be treated.
There's a swath of men in the world who only are nice/respect women they are sexually attracted to, which leads to them to think if a woman is nice to them, their intentions are identical, which leads to awkward and inappropriate jokes like these amongst coworkers. Some people are just nice, simply because they are nice.

JR wasn't trying to fuck her....seriously? C'mon man....the fact that she's good friends with JR and his wife, she was not disgusted by what he said at all at least until some "feminist news" reading employee told higher ups that she should be disgusted by what he said. Tappen knows he was joking but she had to cater to the PC crowd because that's what we do in this day and age.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:18 pm
bradleygt89 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:44 pm

There's a swath of men in the world who only are nice/respect women they are sexually attracted to, which leads to them to think if a woman is nice to them, their intentions are identical, which leads to awkward and inappropriate jokes like these amongst coworkers. Some people are just nice, simply because they are nice.
not me...i'm an asshole and tell it like it is.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:20 pm

JR wasn't trying to fuck her....seriously? C'mon man....the fact that she's good friends with JR and his wife, she was not disgusted by what he said at all at least until some "feminist news" reading employee told higher ups that she should be disgusted by what he said. Tappen knows he was joking but she had to cater to the PC crowd because that's what we do in this day and age.
Yeah, sure. :lol:

She literally could've come out and said she understood JR was joking and that she has a similar sense of humor and that she didn't think anything of it. That she wasn't at all bothered by his comments and has made similar jokes to him as well. But she didn't, so I'll just take her word for it instead of worrying about trying to spin it to fit my agenda instead.

NBC Execs: Dammit Katherine, time for some 4d chess retribution.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:45 pm It’s a very different world that we’re living in now, than it was when JMC was a kid. Back when he was JR’s age, he would have hit her over the head with a club, and drug her back to his cave.
Damn straight!

"Suck a dick Johansen"