Re: News and Games around the NHL

BluesSK wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:01 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:23 am
T.C. wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:34 am I think hossa, i think sens. But yeah, i agree with you.
I think of it the same as Tkachuk. Most probably associate him with the Yotes. But he’s a beloved Blue.
Beloved Thrasher.
I honestly picture him in the Thrashers baby blue jerseys first. Depending on the year, 3-4 very good offensive players surrounded by a bunch of plugs and an overwhelmed goalie. They'd be a fun team to watch today as long as you weren't rooting for them.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:44 am
BluesSK wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:01 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:23 am

I think of it the same as Tkachuk. Most probably associate him with the Yotes. But he’s a beloved Blue.
Beloved Thrasher.
I honestly picture him in the Thrashers baby blue jerseys first. Depending on the year, 3-4 very good offensive players surrounded by a bunch of plugs and an overwhelmed goalie. They'd be a fun team to watch today as long as you weren't rooting for them.

Ilya Kovalchuk was so fun to watch. What a great 10 year run he had before falling off the map.
Just a Russian propaganda account

BluesSK wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:39 pm
RAFritchey wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:28 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:14 pm Those hands...

A-ooooooooooo-GA!
I swear it looks like he's just taunting the goalie before burying it for the goal!
And to think, Huberdeau is FAR more of a setup guy.
That's just a sick goal.
Poor John Gibson makes a great save after his defenseman throws him to the wolves, only to have an even cooler finish.

Should be interesting to see how locked in the Avs start the playoffs. On pure talent alone, they should coast by Nashville, Dallas, or Vegas whichever they face. However, they're so good that they are going to be cruising into the playoffs while those 3 will be in full playoff mode leading up to it. If a team is going to get Colorado, getting them early might be the way to go.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:19 pm Should be interesting to see how locked in the Avs start the playoffs. On pure talent alone, they should coast by Nashville, Dallas, or Vegas whichever they face. However, they're so good that they are going to be cruising into the playoffs while those 3 will be in full playoff mode leading up to it. If a team is going to get Colorado, getting them early might be the way to go.
They're up 4-0 after 1 against a team fighting for its playoff life.

Sometimes you have to yell at the whole team... rec league tonight... down 4-2 with 2:30 left on the clock... I have to start fucking yelling at people to stick with their coverage and not to leave people open in front of the net. I gather a puck rolling on its side... fire... score 4-3... the clock is ticking... I pass up to the winger ... he goes to the net... score!!! 4-4!!! Then we win it in OT. Sometimes you have to lay into your team to get them on the same page.

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:21 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:19 pm Should be interesting to see how locked in the Avs start the playoffs. On pure talent alone, they should coast by Nashville, Dallas, or Vegas whichever they face. However, they're so good that they are going to be cruising into the playoffs while those 3 will be in full playoff mode leading up to it. If a team is going to get Colorado, getting them early might be the way to go.
A LOTTA GAME LEFT!

Hopefully the LA coach lays into them

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:36 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:21 pm
A LOTTA GAME LEFT!

Hopefully the LA coach lays into them
Doughty's done for the year...stick a fork in them.