Re: EPL Soccer fans?

Watching the Burnley/Man City game as I type.

Since there is usually the same teams at the top of the table, I usually pay more attention to the teams at the bottom. That is the best thing about the EPL, there is almost always a game that matters to someone. Even if the champion is decided, the relegation spots usually aren't determined until the last game finishes. Starting every game at the same time on the last day is great idea as well. No knowing your fate even before your game starts.

The relegation/promotion aspect is a brilliant idea. I only wish there was some way for more professional sports leagues to do something similar to prevent teams from bottom dwelling just to make some money.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

stlblues1226 wrote:Watching the Burnley/Man City game as I type.

Since there is usually the same teams at the top of the table, I usually pay more attention to the teams at the bottom. That is the best thing about the EPL, there is almost always a game that matters to someone. Even if the champion is decided, the relegation spots usually aren't determined until the last game finishes. Starting every game at the same time on the last day is great idea as well. No knowing your fate even before your game starts.

The relegation/promotion aspect is a brilliant idea. I only wish there was some way for more professional sports leagues to do something similar to prevent teams from bottom dwelling just to make some money.
Agreed, I love this about the EPL. The fight for that last Champion's League spot and the Europa league spot could also lead to a great finish this year. If Tottenham takes down MU tomorrow things could start to get real interesting there.

The NBC Live Extra coverage online of all the games is awesome.

UMSLBlues12 wrote:Agreed, I love this about the EPL. The fight for that last Champion's League spot and the Europa league spot could also lead to a great finish this year. If Tottenham takes down MU tomorrow things could start to get real interesting there.

The NBC Live Extra coverage online of all the games is awesome.

I do believe the NBC family of networks were all used last year and all 10 games on the last day were televised as well as being on Live Extra. It was cool being able to switch around between all the games.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

UMSLBlues12 wrote:Few good games on today...Stoke vs West Brom was a great game and loved watching my team (Arsenal) take down West Ham 3-0.
Sadly car repairs kept me from paying close attention this weekend.

Glad to see the Gunners pull another three points!

Doug Glatt wrote:I'm a big EPL fan, and my team is Arsenal. I'm always up at Amsterdam Tavern watching EPL. Henry was my favorite player growing up. Working on a trip to the Emirates next season.
I went to go see the NY Redbulls play Sporting KC once...the first year of Sporting Park...

Henry got a red card in the 27th minute.

I was crying in my Henry Arsenal jersey.

Battra wrote:
Doug Glatt wrote:I'm a big EPL fan, and my team is Arsenal. I'm always up at Amsterdam Tavern watching EPL. Henry was my favorite player growing up. Working on a trip to the Emirates next season.
I went to go see the NY Redbulls play Sporting KC once...the first year of Sporting Park...

Henry got a red card in the 27th minute.

I was crying in my Henry Arsenal jersey.
LOL. I had a Henry Arsenal jersey too until it got stolen at pick up soccer. If I ever find the guy who stole it... :evil: