Re: Trade alert! Faulk now a Blue - Good Bye Edmundson and Bokk

BillP. wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:51 am
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:09 am This trade is absolutely bonkers. We traded a decent prospect, our 6th/7th defenseman, and a 7th for top-4 defenseman who is great on the PP and a 5th. Just looking at the trade in a vacuum, what a great freaking trade by Army.
Yeah, how does Army trade a 7th and get a 5th back?
Doug Armstrong could sell a ketchup popsicle to a woman in white gloves on a hot August day.

Looking back at how bad / crazy this team was run under Keenan / Caron I have to offer an honest THANK YOU to Stillman and Army. We sure waited long enough. This team is in good hands.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:06 am This trade makes me realize if we ever hear Blues rumors, they probably are fake or a smoke screen because DA doesn't let anything out of his office. No one saw this coming. Don;'t think the Blues were ever even linked.
Or the leaks are just coming from the other team. The Ryan Miller trade was rumored for about 9 months. I think the Bouwmeester deal had some smoke around it for a while, and certainly the O'Reilly trade as well. For the most part though, Armstrong's deals come from out of nowhere (Faulk, Stastny, Schenn, etc).
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

BillP. wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:51 am
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:09 am This trade is absolutely bonkers. We traded a decent prospect, our 6th/7th defenseman, and a 7th for top-4 defenseman who is great on the PP and a 5th. Just looking at the trade in a vacuum, what a great freaking trade by Army.
Yeah, how does Army trade a 7th and get a 5th back?
By trading a 1st rd pick (Bokk) for nothing in return
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:35 am

So it looks like they're going to hope Faulk can play the left side. If that works out, and you consider Faulk as a big money maker on the left side, he's really more of a JBo replacement than a Petro one. IF that works out.
Faulk is so smooth with the puck, I expect him to be fine on the left side. Especially since he'll be paired up with either Petro or Parayko. Our D is going to be Dyn-o-mite!!