Re: 2019 Blues Training Camp Thread

I’m probably younger than most here. While I don’t like those jerseys, they’re nostalgic for me as they’re the jerseys I remember the Blues wearing when I first watched (and was able to understand) hockey with my dad. The organization is probably trying to capture some of that nostalgia in the group of 25-35 aged or so fans and I bet they’ll sell a lot.

I won’t be buying one though.

At least they're only wearing them 3 times. I get the logic of going a less traditional route since they already have the winter classic jerseys on hand, but in still pretty surprised they dusted these off. Oh well. If some people like them and it helps the bottom line, it's fine by me.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:35 pm... The organization is probably trying to capture some of that nostalgia in the group of 25-35 aged or so fans and I bet they’ll sell a lot. ...
That's a very good point, UMSL. But as minor pro hockey fans shout in unison, after the announcement that the visiting team has returned to full strength: "... And they STILL suck!!!"

T.C. wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:55 am
JMC-STL wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:10 pm
bradleygt89 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:53 am
Gee, it was just the first day of training camp, what did you expect??
Was he talking about the team, or the jerseys? See, this is what happens when Admin lets the membership run off-topic in these threads. :?
jerseys.
next time please be more specific. The moderators around here are assholes sometimes and may ban you for such non-specific references in the future. :twisted:
"Do Only Good Everyday"

JMC-STL wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:55 am
bradleygt89 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:48 amIf Petro is no longer a Blue next season, here's our next Captain:

Does anyone here know if ROR started this routine while he was in Buffalo? Something seems to have spun his attitude around 180 degrees, based on mainstream media reports. :?
He did the same thing in Buffalo. He's always been a rink rat as I understand it. The Buffalo media/fans seemed to get pissed off that losing all the time bothered O'Reilly. Not sure why you'd want to keep a guy around that was ok with it losing constantly, but I digress.

https://www.foxsports.com/nhl/story/rya ... lo-012716
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!